The online racing simulator
AutoSimSport May Issue
(48 posts, started )
AutoSimSport May Issue
http://www.autosimsport.com/ I hope that hasn't been posted somewhere already

Just wanted to inform you that a new issue of ASS just arrived. I haven't read through it all but it contains a big NKP review (for those who still care). From the first look it seems to be quite more objective than the highly misleading previews.

Much more importantly it also contains a lengthy interview with our praised LFS devs which is quite informative on the current status of our favourite racing sim. Go check it out!
Downloading.

Nice interview with Scawen and Victor, and a surprisingly good review of nKP. Normally ASS seem to totally ignore any bad points in a sim or game and give everything glowing awards, but it was nice to see them say it has serious issues. I also enjoyed the bit about the real driver playing nKP (albeit without FFB), saying parts of it are seriously flawed, whilst other bits are good.
Usually a pretty decent read, downloading as well
#4 - _rod_
That interview with the DEvs seens intersting (downloading aswell)
What a great reveiw!

"...is probably the most solid simulator money can buy right now"

couldnt agree more
Nice article and interview, lots of old new to people around here though. But now its confirmed that Eric is working on GTR interiors and with Kyoto (hmm ). Some interesting info about that Sauber and Intel deal and praise of LFS in the end
Nice interview.
Interview was good stuff. Finally great to hear the story behind this F1 thingy dingy. Mr Feiss seems to be Vykos.

But wasn't ASS supposed to get monthly column space for LFS or something? Maybe I remember something very wrong but Tweak was supposed to be the writer?

I think ASS montly issues include too much "yadda yadda bla bla" bullshit. I would cut 10-30 pages.

ps. Check the Intel Racing tour site. It has now picture gallery: http://www.intel.com/deutsch/racingtour/
Just finished reading the NKP review and alteast they do criticise the obvious flaws (interface, MP) now. It still seemed a bit sugar coated but we're used to this by now, aren't we?

What I found more interesting was the interview with Alx Danielsson who reviewed NKP himself, pointing out many technical details where it's good but also areas that still need improvement. IMO a good read, too
#10 - Jakg
hmmmmm, i take it ASS isnt free...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
i skimmed through most of the mag and only read the lfs part thuroughly
#13 - Jakg
whoops! misread the site!
Quote from Jakg :hmmmmm, i take it ASS isnt free...

It is free, just download it off the site.

Quote :Love it or race it occasionally, one thing remains true:LFS remains loyal to its fans, and its fan cannot help but cheer LFS on as it - and its three enormously talented creators - go from strength to strength

Sums up the whole report and LFS rather well
Good read. I will be downloading it again.
I can honestly say that I enjoy reading every ASS issue, and for the most part they have some great write ups.
Good to finally know what happened with the intel deal and how the other sponsers came about.
dreadful as usual.
#19 - avih
Wonder if they'll post MPRs/SPRs of best races
#20 - Tube
it's time they start to underline links again like they were meant to be. believe it or not, it took me like 5 minutes to even find the download link.
#21 - Gunn
Quote from Tube :it's time they start to underline links again like they were meant to be. believe it or not, it took me like 5 minutes to even find the download link.

Yes, I didn't spot it easily either. I have to say, although I got a little bit of information from this issue it will be the last one I download. The style in which reviews are written tends to leave me unconvinced of claims that are made, I don't believe what I'm reading as fact. I know it is difficult to review a title sometimes and remain as a fence-sitter, but it isn't impossible. Everything I read seemed a little candy-coated and reserved, like someone is trying to convince me of something that they don't actually believe themselves.
I guess it will improve over time.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
After that snowjob of a netKar PRO preview in the previous issue, I'm reluctant to put much faith in their opinion of anything.
#23 - Gunn
I appreciate their efforts to promote sim racing too, and I don't want to discourage people who try to make a difference, but I'm just not getting a good vibe from what I read. I think there is enough activity to publish monthly but perhaps the many things that people might find interesting aren't reported. It might help the reader if articles were seperated from each other by some easier-to-absorb information or some other lighter reading and graphical content.
Quote from Gunn : Everything I read seemed a little candy-coated and reserved, like someone is trying to convince me of something that they don't actually believe themselves.

I had the same uneasy feeling as I read through it. Everything seems to be "wow, it's super great ( lets balance that off now ) here there are some problems ( not too harsh mate )..but still...IT'S SUPER GREAT with a GREAT Potential".

Kind of disturbing that they refer to other games as 'light weights' and nearly in the same breath say lfs competes 'even with these big games' too.

On the other hand, LFS is SUPER GREAT....so what is one to do ?
ehehe... ass... lol... sorry, i just have to laugh.. ahaha...

Anyhow, Downloading it now!!

AutoSimSport May Issue
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG