The online racing simulator
iTCC 2009 Highlights
(47 posts, started )
I like the videos that just present the action in a take it or leave it manner. This was a great video... TY for making it.
Thanks for all the nice comments! I wasn't really sure at the end if it's good or not but apparently it's decent enough Although I have to say that it would be only half as good without the commentators. Thanks guys! You did an amazing job.

Regarding the filesize: It could've been 10 - 20% smaller if I'd have gone for 30 FPS instead of 60 - but it's a bit smoother with 60 so I guess the tradeoff is okay.
If anyone's interested in the settings, I've uploaded the screenshots of the x264 settings in meGUI: Here, here and here. With further readings here, here, here and here. While each video requires its own fine-tuning I think it should be a decent starting point (done with build 1173 of x264 - options always subject to change. I guess 2'500 KBits would've been also enough).
realy the greatest video of lfs i have ever seen. perfect job !
That is an amazing video and i loved it. A very nice looking video.
Looking from review style video point - its best video i've ever seen.
btw what's the songs name, I've listened it so many times, but never knew the name, so I can download it
Quote from seniecka :Looking from review style video point - its best video i've ever seen.

Next to everything we did for SRT, I agree.
Quote from N I K I :btw what's the songs name, I've listened it so many times, but never knew the name, so I can download it

Mötley Crüe - Kickstart my Heart.

Quote from seniecka :Looking from review style video point - its best video i've ever seen.

Just remember that it's meant as a highlights video - and not as a review video (review videos tend to be more informative). The aim was to create something similar to this style (cool looking, a bit of information, and - uh - cool looking): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adY5qtSsajE

(Whoops - giving away all my inspirational sources )
Great movie! Very enjoyable to watch
awsome, found nothing to complain about! mixing the commentatory with such kind of movie works great, haven't seen that often so far
Wow i enjoyed what i saw of it, would prefer the 30fps cause my laptop is full of fail, if it were my other non fail comp it would be no worries.
But is there a youtube stream?
I've been meaning to ask this, and I should have done this before the thread dropped so far... Do you have this posted on YouTube? If not, I can host it for you with credits in the title.

I just need it on Youtube so I can use it as an embed stream.
Quote from BigTime :I've been meaning to ask this, and I should have done this before the thread dropped so far... Do you have this posted on YouTube? If not, I can host it for you with credits in the title.

I just need it on Youtube so I can use it as an embed stream.

As I don't have a youtube account it isn't there. If you want to host it, feel free to do so (thanks in advance ). If you need anything (like a .f4v or .flv file) please say so. I don't really know how youtube handles that (it probably converts everything, regardless what it is?), so if you need anything, please tell me.
Quote from Hypothraxer :As I don't have a youtube account it isn't there. If you want to host it, feel free to do so (thanks in advance ). If you need anything (like a .f4v or .flv file) please say so. I don't really know how youtube handles that (it probably converts everything, regardless what it is?), so if you need anything, please tell me.

Well Youtube recomends 1280 x 720 in .avi format. They also recommed that you compress with Xvid. That would be the best for HD youtube. Feel free to render it at 4000 KB/s or more...
Ho hum. I've recorded everything at 1024x768. I'll try to upscale it with AviSynth to the next near mod16 4:3 resolution. Out of curiosity: What happens when you just upload the MP4? I have a faint memory that youtube now actually plays MP4's.
Quote from Hypothraxer :Ho hum. I've recorded everything at 1024x768. I'll try to upscale it with AviSynth to the next near mod16 4:3 resolution. Out of curiosity: What happens when you just upload the MP4? I have a faint memory that youtube now actually plays MP4's.

I'll try it, I was just hopping we could get it in HD. I'll let you know how it goes. Ether way will be sufficient.
I've upsampled the video to 1280x960 - but I'm not sure if that'll work (it's after all still 4:3 instead of 16:9). The quality is surprisingly good considering I didn't record it anew, but I've spent some more bits due to the larger resolution so it's a bit bigger (not sure if that's needed - I didn't really have the time to do a detailed analysis).

You can get it here:
http://n.ethz.ch/~dnovak/download/iTCC2009up-muxed.zip

(Still with x264 - I sadly don't have free CPU cycles to run 3 XviD passes at the moment).
Sorry for the delay.

The resolution isn't perfect but there is nothing we can do about that without distorting the video. Overall I think it looks good and you have showed me how good this format really is. I think I'll be making the switch from .avi to .mp4, cause it's works great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFgG6bTx-HU&fmt=22

Man I just noticed, the commentary seems a little quieter in this version... Did that change?
Thanks a lot for uploading it!

As for the commentary: I don't hear a difference between the youtube version and the ones I have here. There might be some form of normalizing going on, when you upload it to youtube. But for me, it sounds equal.
Almost missed that vid.
Very enjoyable!
Nice work
Best vid that I ever seen.
Really nice video...wish I had time to compete in such league.

iTCC 2009 Highlights
(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG