The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Gilera Saturno.
pretty rare here..
Quote from rediske :, I wonder why I haven't posted my bike in here yet...

Well here it is! Over ten years old now, about 60000 km done, loads of rear tires , SECOND front tire, still in quite good shape...

just curious is it as blast to drive those in city, than its on mx track or in woods? i can only imagine the awsomeness of accelerating in a city and when the engine roar and moped guys try pathieticly keep up:lovies3d:
Quote from batteryy :i can only imagine the awsomeness of accelerating in a city and when the engine roar and moped guys try pathieticly keep up (...)

You will leave mopeds behind on pretty much any proper motorcycle (ie. over 50cc) Who cares about moped riders when you're riding a motorcycle anyway? They're in a completely different class, they don't matter
Quote from obsolum :You will leave mopeds behind on pretty much any proper motorcycle (ie. over 50cc) Who cares about moped riders when you're riding a motorcycle anyway? They're in a completely different class, they don't matter

i know, but its just funny to see mopeds trying to keep up with an motorbikes seen couple and laughed have like hell
Quote from obsolum :You will leave mopeds behind on pretty much any proper motorcycle (ie. over 50cc) Who cares about moped riders when you're riding a motorcycle anyway? They're in a completely different class, they don't matter

Hay thats mean, im not even a moped rider by choice. I wanted a proper motorcycle .

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQTaP1wBTs
I took my bike out today to see how fast it could go, and it only gets to 32mph .
Also please excuse the fact she dies at the beggining and at the end, i hadnt put any fuel in since i got her last month so she was starting to run on nothing haha.
Damn my old speedight used to do 55mph downhill Im selling it, discount for you
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Damn my old speedight used to do 55mph downhill Im selling it, discount for you

Oh come on, thats downhill :P haha.
After i pass my CBT (which is booked for the 2nd of august) i plan on derestricting my bike, as its restricted to under 40 mph which sucks.
I de-restricted mine without doing a CBT..
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I de-restricted mine without doing a CBT..

If my bike is derestricted when i do my CBT test they are going to tell me to get the **** out. Because they check my bike before i do the test, and if they see anything changed then they arent going to be happy.

Although what derestrictions can you do? Because if theres some kind of derestriction like taking something off which gives more power, which i can easily put back on then ill give that a try.
I could take it off, see if theres any more power, and then put whatever ti is back on before my CBT test.
Derestrict the variomatic transmission. That should help you.
Quote from hrtburnout :Derestrict the variomatic transmission. That should help you.

Helps if you explain a bit more?
As google isnt saying very much about that.
I love my little Gilera Runner scoot does 90mph and mint wheelies
Quote from hrtburnout :Most scooters with a CVT transmission will have a spacer that limits the travel of the conical plates of the variator. This will then limit the speed. There's a nice video series of tutorials posted here:
http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5
http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137
It will give you a good idea how the variator works and how it is restricted.

Ahah, i think a friend of mine was trying to explain this to me earlier, but he was failing.
Either way im looking at those videos now Thank you.
Quote from Migz :If my bike is derestricted when i do my CBT test they are going to tell me to get the **** out. Because they check my bike before i do the test, and if they see anything changed then they arent going to be happy.

Although what derestrictions can you do? Because if theres some kind of derestriction like taking something off which gives more power, which i can easily put back on then ill give that a try.
I could take it off, see if theres any more power, and then put whatever ti is back on before my CBT test.

Don't really get you, when i got mine all i did was go on a day course on a bike the provide, then they give you a certificate you get your bike, take the restrictors off a ride... Sounds like your doing a different one to me though...

Theres a few restrictors around the only one i remember was one in the exhaust like a little hollow pipe but i never got round to taking it off because i had an aftermarket one being fitted when i found it, just plug the hole, or better grind it off and get a little peice in where it used to be.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Don't really get you, when i got mine all i did was go on a day course on a bike the provide, then they give you a certificate you get your bike, take the restrictors off a ride... Sounds like your doing a different one to me though...

Theres a few restrictors around the only one i remember was one in the exhaust like a little hollow pipe but i never got round to taking it off because i had an aftermarket one being fitted when i found it, just plug the hole, or better grind it off and get a little peice in where it used to be.

My course sounds pretty much exactly the same except we ride our own bikes. So they check our bikes to make sure everything is how it should be i.e still restricted.

And yeah i know of that restriction, my brother pointed it out to me on my bike when i first get it. Although im not sure how im going to cover up the hole. Cellotape maybe? haha
Riding about, especially on a CBT, on an illegal (ie derestricted) bike is just selfish and ignorant. It has complications and it passes on down the food chain and effects alot of people....your 50/125's are always gonna be slow. Sorry but if you're going to be slow, be legal.
So i suppose you've done nothing illegal? Being on a slower scooter is far more danerous than being on a faster one i still got overtook by nobs 2 inches away from my leg even if i did 45 in a 30 most of the time (except uphill obviously:razz You obviously have no experience on one and don't know what its like, id rather be safer and illegal than legal and feel vunerable.

You have a bad attitude to anyone on a moped, we don't "try" to be something its not, its a way to get from A to B and for me it was better than a bus. Hope your having fun on your little crotch rocket getting piss wet through everyday on your billytod, lets be frank, the only reason you got it was because you can't afford a decent car.

Sooner or later you'll end up stuck in a Mondeo bumper wondering why the **** you bought it for everyday use. I really don't like offending people but you giving it the big i am all the ****ing time its starting to piss me off, ive seen you do it to Jak and ive wondered why he hasn't told you to shut up yet, unfortunately its always me that has to say something but it help me sleep, so thanks!

Maybe should get one anyway, you'll have more trouble trying to drop a 50cc scooter on a car park but maybe you'd still manage to end up on your ass, you awesome biker you! My hero...xoxoxoxox

Trust me, I am in full understanding of people that tailgate. I know what it's like. But the fact is, the law is the law. You're riding without insurance and without a licence if you're caught, you're in the shit.

It affects OUR (EVERYONES) insurance premiums, yes, granted, not EVERYONE on a scooter is bad, but you're INCREDIBLY ignorant if you deny it's the majority that are tracksuit wearing chavs who ride about in Motocross helmets, trying to pull pathetic wheelies in the Tesco#s carpark on a Friday night at 11pm. Sorry but that's just the natural truth.

And since WHEN did I give it the "big I am"? I simply posted a factual comment which was not aimed at anyone in particular. How about you **** off and give me a break, ****.

I simply said that the restriction lawbreaking is exactly the kind of thing that not only irritates most of the community, (whether motorcylists or not) but, is also illegal, to the point of having an instant removal of your licence and having your precious hair-drier (simply returning the crotch rocket statement) impounded, and either sold or likely destroyed. Either way, even if you DID manage to get it back, I can guarantee the police staff wouldn't have treated it with care.

My reason for getting a motorcycle were infact because the motorcycle test was changing to a 'harder' (IE you have to travel further, do more 'modules', etc) and I simply passed my bike test first. Oh and yes, it's cheaper. £560 full comp will do me thanks. And I can transfer my no claims, so when I come to get a car it'll be much cheaper!

Oh, FWIW I have waterproof stuff so I get no more wet then anyone else in a car..

You don't buy a 50cc to cover big distances, most people buy them for commuting, getting around town, to a friends house a couple of miles away, etc. MOST of the time you're in a 30mph speed limit so what difference does it make? If most scooter riders would stay in the correct road position instead of 3 inches from the curb, maybe you wouldn't have such an issue.

Anyway, you continue to push up insurance premiums and such. Just don't come complaining to me when someone reports you and you lose your scooter. Talking of such, I'm off out for a ride. Good day to you.
Quote from Migz :Hay thats mean, im not even a moped rider by choice. I wanted a proper motorcycle .

Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQTaP1wBTs
I took my bike out today to see how fast it could go, and it only gets to 32mph .

I didn't mean to offend any moped riders It's just the truth. It would be like saying "haha, look at those cyclists trying to keep up with my motorcycle" It isn't a fair comparison as they have absolutely no chance at beating you - and probably aren't trying to, either, even if it seems that way.

Also, 32mph is the max speed mopeds are allowed to go over here. A lof of kids do derestrict them, though. At least they did back when I rode one.

Quote from hrtburnout :Most scooters with a CVT transmission will have a spacer that limits the travel of the conical plates of the variator. This will then limit the speed. There's a nice video series of tutorials posted here:
http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5
http://www.scootforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=137
It will give you a good idea how the variator works and how it is restricted.

That's not something you do very easily in a couple of minutes, though. At least it never seemed to be easy to me. I had it done to my Gilera Stalker back in the day, and it did 90kph (ie. about 60mph?) with everything else stock. I'm sure if I'd had my Leovince exhaust mounted at the time it would have gone a lot faster.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Riding about, especially on a CBT, on an illegal (ie derestricted) bike is just selfish and ignorant. It has complications and it passes on down the food chain and effects alot of people....your 50/125's are always gonna be slow. Sorry but if you're going to be slow, be legal.

I may be wrong here, but I seem to recall you talking about derestricting your Kwak when you weren't supposed to. I can't be arsed to look up the posts, though :-p
Quote from obsolum :
Also, 32mph is the max speed mopeds are allowed to go over here. A lof of kids do derestrict them, though. At least they did back when I rode one.
p

over 80% of finlands mopeds go too fast
I bothered S14 DRIFT so much about him sucking at 2 wheels that I had to get one myself and be as bad as him.

@S14:
WTF? You're having such a huge go at me and i've done nothing to you?
I've asked how to derestrict my bike and so taht causes you to get in a huge pissy fit and start insulting me and calling me a chav?

And i have insurance...
And also perhaps i wasnt on public road? Perhaps a friend of mine owns some land with a road in it...?
I have to ask, why do you guys call scooters, "mopeds"?

This is a moped....

See the motor and the pedals, hence the name "moped".

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG