The online racing simulator
Dad & Son
(21 posts, started )
Dad & Son
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK6h1dfy2o
I'm crying now.

Guys, let's all tell our parents how much we love them. Hug them, kiss them. Because they surely do love us. They're very important in our lives, and we'll miss them a lot if they're gone.

I love my parents.
Oh my god, that made me cry a little too.
Most people don't realise it, but they love you alot.
Most move find out how much they love they're parents when it's too late.

Thanks for sharing.
Amazing video, thanks for sharing.
kinda made me feal sad i shouldve not watch it
-
(Eleanor SpeedGT) DELETED by Eleanor SpeedGT
One should never forget what your parents do for you, even in difficult situations with them.
But its hard at times; 3 years go i was in the Taizé friary, talking in a group of young people with a brother about this theme.
"God forgives everyone, so can you", suddenly a girl burst into tears. She had been abused by hers..... nobody spoke a word after that....
Some people have different relationships with there parents. When i was younger, i had the perfect life. A (what seemed like) happy family, a fantastic mother, father and my brothers and sister. Then my parents broke up, and i had to live with my mom while my dad found a new house. My mother never let me even visit my dad who lived about 30 miles away and i did'nt see him for 2 years. I kept in contact with him by sneaking to the library and e-mailing him every day. My mom used to be such a lovely woman, and i loved her dearly, but after my parents broke up, something changed with my mom and she was never the same as she was when i was a child.

Long story short, my dad eventually won the right for me to live with him. I said goodbye to my mom, and she said she would ring me once i get settled in with my old freinds again, who were excited to see me again after all this time. My mom never rang like she said she would, so i tryed ringing her but she changed her number. It soon became obvious that she did not want to see me again. It hurt at first, because we really got along together when i was a young kid, and we always used to go out together, but i eventually had to let it go. I have now not seen my mom for over 5 years, and if im honest, i rarely think about her. Sometimes, i wish i had a mother during these past few years, but im more than happy with my dad, and i love him dearly, especially after all he has done for me.

Alot of my freinds ask what i would do if my mom came to my house tomorow and asked for forgiveness, and i said i would ignore her and want her out of my life. I agree that everyone deserve's forgiveness, but after what my mom done to me and the way she treated me, she does not deserve the air she breathes imo. I dont dwell on the fact she left me, as i now have everything i need out of life. A job, a girlfreind, my dad and my brothers/sister. In my eyes, my mom coming back would'nt make it better, only worse. Luckily for me, the breakup's affect on me has not lasted long and i quickly went back to my normal self. The only thing it did change, is that it made me be a little more wary of people. I dont mean that in a "scared" way, but in a way that i "read" them more now, to try and gauge what kind of person they are. I think this is actually a good thing, as it makes me think whether i would like to get to know this person or not.
Interesting, i gave it 5 stars, though i am kinda bulletproof against those movies.
Quote from ACCAkut :One should never forget what your parents do for you, even in difficult situations with them.

Took me about 22 years to realize how much parents have to give up to raise their kids. After I graduated college I somehow started getting back into going to local race tracks, which me and my dad used to do when I was a little kid. For some reason that stopped, probably because of playing sports and there were 4 kids in my family, just no time or money to go to races. Well when I started going again me and my dad went to the local track about a half hour from my house one Friday night, and as we were walking in he made the comment that he probably hadn't been there in 15 years and that's when it hit me, he was so busy raising his kids and working overtime on the weekends that he hadn't been able to do something he loved in 15 years. Probably sounds corny but its something I won't forget because that was the exact moment I realized how much he sacrificed to give me the good life I have today.
I'm sorry..... What??

If you need a clip to remind you that you should love your parents and treat them how they should be then......

It didnt even make me sad, let alone, no where near the point of crying.... Why? Because I probably already love my parents and treat them nicely, like they do me.....

And if after watching this movie you ran to your parents and started apologising/kissing/hugging or whatever, then I dont think its because you really mean it. Its probably because your mind was telling you to do so because the movie was ment to make you do so, and probably also because everyone else in the comments said so...

/Flame coat

I'm out before masses of flame come towards me.
Quote from DevilDare : It didnt even make me sad, let alone, no where near the point of crying.... Why? Because I probably already love my parents and treat them nicely, like they do me.....

I totally agree with that. Same here.
I agree, video did nothing for me really. It's pretty cheesy if you ask me.
It's actually makes point, that you should'nt ignore your parents, whatever they have done for you.
I too think that that video is nothing that special.
Reminds me more of a father who quotes the 4th commandment in an arguement cause he knows nothing else to conter with. Even tho that commandment addresses your parents regarding your grandparents if you follow some modern theologists interpretation....:detective
Quote from TexasLTU :It's actually makes point, that you should'nt ignore your parents, whatever they have done for you.

Yeah but the point is, if you need to watch a YouTube video to figure that out, then you're doing it wrong.
Quote from UncleBenny :Yeah but the point is, if you need to watch a YouTube video to figure that out, then you're doing it wrong.

If you go to some festival to see same shit, or you watch it in Youtube, whats the difference? We live in 21st century at least!

Anyway, emotional vid, but not enough to make me cry ( Don't really understand why others do )
Quote from TexasLTU :If you go to some festival to see same shit, or you watch it in Youtube, whats the difference? We live in 21st century at least!

He meant exactly what I said in my post. If you need to watch a video on Youtube to figure out that you need to respect your parents, then I feel sorry for you....
Nice Vid.

Hmm.. Interesting comments so far. Only thing I will add is that parent/child relationships change significantly over time, especially as you yourself hit middle age and your parents become more frustrating to deal with as they age. When you've experienced that for yourself, the vid takes on a different perspective.
Quote from DevilDare :I'm sorry..... What??

If you need a clip to remind you that you should love your parents and treat them how they should be then......

It depends a lot on people's mood and current situation. I've always loved my parents, hugged them and told them I love them. But in the last few months I've fallen in love with a girl (which was my BEST friend), and I'm getting a lot frustrated because of her, because she completely stopped talking to me since I told her I loved her. Then I end up arguing with my parents a lot (I had never done that before) because of her and everything turned out to be a complete mess. It's still a mess, she still doesn't talk to me, I don't know what to do and I had argued a lot with my parents. In the beginning of the year I thought this was the best year of my whole life, I was amazingly happy, I always hugged and kissed my parents, told them I loved them, and she was really my best friend, we used to go out at least three times a week, every week! But since I have fallen in love, everything turned to utterly crap. My dad started talking about divorcing my mom, my parents started arguing with each other, and I was seriously considering killing myself. That's most probably the reason why I cried so much when I watched this video.

Quote from DevilDare :It didnt even make me sad, let alone, no where near the point of crying.... Why? Because I probably already love my parents and treat them nicely, like they do me.....

And that's great, really. Keep doing that

Quote from DevilDare :And if after watching this movie you ran to your parents and started apologising/kissing/hugging or whatever, then I dont think its because you really mean it. Its probably because your mind was telling you to do so because the movie was ment to make you do so, and probably also because everyone else in the comments said so...

I didn't do any of that. I took the decision for myself, the video was only something to make me even more sad than I already was, and make me get along very well with my parents again before everything exploded. Things are great with my parents now, but I still have to solve my problem with her... and I'm depressed because she stopped talking to me. She doesn't even look at me anymore, and this is terrible because we have ALWAYS stood together for everything, always talking a lot, and always making everything together.
Quote from Velociround :It depends a lot on people's mood and current situation. I've always loved my parents, hugged them and told them I love them. But in the last few months I've fallen in love with a girl (which was my BEST friend), and I'm getting a lot frustrated because of her, because she completely stopped talking to me since I told her I loved her. Then I end up arguing with my parents a lot (I had never done that before) because of her and everything turned out to be a complete mess. It's still a mess, she still doesn't talk to me, I don't know what to do and I had argued a lot with my parents. In the beginning of the year I thought this was the best year of my whole life, I was amazingly happy, I always hugged and kissed my parents, told them I loved them, and she was really my best friend, we used to go out at least three times a week, every week! But since I have fallen in love, everything turned to utterly crap. My dad started talking about divorcing my mom, my parents started arguing with each other, and I was seriously considering killing myself. That's most probably the reason why I cried so much when I watched this video.

So you started arguing with your parents over a girl?

Wow.... Uhm, why bother bringing in your parents into your own relationship life? Unless its really urgent (pregnancy or something?) I would never go to brag to my parents that she doesnt talk to me.
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround : too many grammar errors (?)
Quote from DevilDare :So you started arguing with your parents over a girl?

Wow.... Uhm, why bother bringing in your parents into your own relationship life? Unless its really urgent (pregnancy or something?) I would never go to brag to my parents that she doesnt talk to me.

I didn't do that as well, and I never bring my relationships to my parents, no matter what happens (unless, as you said, it was pregnancy or something very urgent). I didn't argue with them "because of her" (talking about her) as well. It's just that she was changing my way of living. I started getting back home later, started going by bus instead of transportation (my parents have always prohibited me going by bus, yet I got back home by bus (with her) every day for two months, because she called me to go with home with her by bus). I was also doing a lot of things I had never done before, and it was starting to conflict with my parents.

I didn't brag to them because she doesn't talk to me, and I didn't tell them about her as well. Actually, they don't even know she exists. But indirectly she was the cause for all the arguments I had with my parents. For example, if she hadn't called me to go by bus (and if I hadn't gone with her), I wouldn't have had to argue about that with my parents. If she hadn't asked me to stay with her for "just a few more minutes", I wouldn't have gotten home later (sometimes, hours later), etc. But that was before I told her I loved her, because now she doesn't even look at me.

But I don't see any problem anymore. Things are great with my parents now, just as they were before . The only thing is: I must talk to her. We've been friends for a very long time and we were so close one could say we were dating or we were brother and sister. We used to talk about everything, even very intimate matters. Now she tries to stay away from me at all costs!

Dad & Son
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG