The online racing simulator
Can't Join Race...'No Car Selected'
I'm a newb and I really wanted to race on the oval in an open wheel car (I saw it on Motors TV and that's the reason I paid for S2).

I've connected to 2 different servers and I get the same problem.

I've gone into 'Garage' and selected 'Car'... there's loads of cars but only the F V8 is selectable... I click it and press OK (or whatever the button says in the bottom left).

I've had another look and it seems that I can only select the GTI car in single player mode... what's wrong??? I bought this cos I could automatically select the car and track without having to go through loads of test sessions... I can't be ar$ed with all that cr@p!!!!

Help please!!!
Ok mikiec.

Well, before you join a server, you will see the columns for the car types. You said the FO8 is only selectable, and the others arent. So you would notice on the server list that the dot for the FO8 is only visible and not for the other cars. That is because the server has disabled the other cars. If the cars are grayed out in the garage, you cannot select those. You can only drive the FO8.

If you goto SinglePlayer and have the GTi selected, and join this FO8 only server, it will bring up the message No Car Selected. Basically, if you have a car previously selected that is not enabled on the server, it will give you that message.

If you want to try the other cars, make sure you join a server that has all the cars enabled or the car(s) of your choice.
#3 - Gunn
It sounds like the server has restricted the types of cars you can race there. In the master server list you can see which servers are running which cars. Choose a server that has your favourite car(s) and you'll be racing in no time.

*edit: Tweak's got in first. And with a better answer.
sorry... I've worked out what it is now. I was clicking on the picture of the car instead of the text underneath it....doh!
#5 - ORION
Quote from mikiec :sorry... I've worked out what it is now. I was clicking on the picture of the car instead of the text underneath it....doh!

ROFL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG