The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from danthebangerboy :That is precisely what i lost my license for back in 2002, except i was using burger king trays instead of blocks.

Why, they weren`t convinced of your skills? Or, you spun?
Neither lol, was all captured on CCTV, which i didn't know at the time, so when the police turned up about 10 minutes after i stopped, i denied it was me doing it, so they threw the book at me for it.

Convicted of dangerous driving, fined about £300, banned from driving for 12 months, and i had to retake all of the tests again after the ban was over, so thats the theory, hazard awareness, and practical tests, all 3 of which i had to pay for.
Sucks that you got caught.

BTW, got the gearbox on your rover sorted yet?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Sucks that you got caught.

BTW, got the gearbox on your rover sorted yet?

Well, not exactly...

My mate has got 2x rover at his yard, one 216, and one 416, but they are these shaped ones.

However, one of them (i think its the 416) is 1.6 16v k series, and the other is 1,6 8v, so with a bit more research, we hope to find that the 416 is the same r65 box. :fingerscrossed:
The K-Series will be an R65. Not sure about the 8v.
I'd better yell at him about it tomorrow then, before he strips it and builds it for banger racing!
Steering wheel with snapoff mounted!

I have been and checked the 2 boxes at my mates, one won't fit because its different, and the one that will fit is totally f--ked, as it has a split in the casing and no oil in it!

I have sourced a 2nd hand box however from a reputable local scrapyard for £70 that comes marked up, with paperwork and a years guarantee on it from them, plus while its apart i may as well stick a new clutch in while im at it.

Now i just have to try and get it all fitted and working in time for the kart meet, as i dont fancy trying to drive to wales on the rattly and clunky one it has at the moment.

If it turns out i can't find time space and tools to do it, then i will take it to the garage where i used to work, as he charges me half price on the labour!
On a note, I frickin hate changing gearboxes/clutches, was doing one on a transit van today (Well helping) and it was such a pain in the ass, I think it's the one thing i'd pay someone else to do for me.
Got my taillight fixed!

Just dealing with the paint scratches is about all.

Does anyone know if you can fix a wrinkle in plastic?
What about using a heat blower (one of those uber powerful blow dryers) and work with it from the inside?
Can you post a pic XCNuse? Sorry if you allready did, I did a quick search but couldn't find any of your damage.

At our garage we have a painter so I could ask him about it tommorow, though I wouldn't luse the 'uber hairdryer' on anything with paint tho, inside or out if it's enough to bend the plastic, it will most likely kill your paint too.
Quote from Bawbag :On a note, I frickin hate changing gearboxes/clutches, was doing one on a transit van today (Well helping) and it was such a pain in the ass, I think it's the one thing i'd pay someone else to do for me.

New transit??
Old RWD ford Stuff is easy. Think the garage did it in about 20mins . just gotta undo 12 bolts and let it swing back n drop out
That what i was gonna say, if its an older RWD one,(ill try and be clever, see if i can remember the bolt head sizes lol) 4 bolts(13mm) that hold the gearbox mounting to the chassis, 4 bolts (15mm fine thread) to drop the prop shaft down at the diff end, bellhousing bolts (17mm or 19mm, i think 19mm tho), starter motor (13mm), 3 bolts on the gearstick (10mm, or screw in depending on gearbox), clutch cable (10mm and flat blade screwdriver if it won't come off), gearbox out!
When I said changing, that includes putting it back on. It's a 04 or something, newer shape, no idea whether they're generally easy or not but it was a pickup so it is rwd but this one was a bitch to go back on, especcially since the ramps were all being used and it was all done with jacks and axle stands...
Quote from Bawbag :Can you post a pic XCNuse? Sorry if you allready did, I did a quick search but couldn't find any of your damage.

At our garage we have a painter so I could ask him about it tommorow, though I wouldn't luse the 'uber hairdryer' on anything with paint tho, inside or out if it's enough to bend the plastic, it will most likely kill your paint too.

I dont know, I debadged my car and I don't know how much of it got onto the paint.. maybe heating it from the inside? I don't know, it may just not be fixable, you have to look hard to find it but.. I think right now I'm more worried about the scraped paint we're in the middle of fixing just because of how noticeable.. feel bad for my sister though lol!
Told her I would pay for it but she isn't doing anything about it so..

Ah, here was the night of the accident:
http://twitpic.com/9jzsm/full

Attached is the set sitting behind me, first I didn't think I did any damage to reverse portion but if you look about a quarter down you can see a chip out of it so.

Decided to keep the taillight and take it down to school and make some artwork or do something with it..
I love the reverse light, i think the taillights on this car is cool looking lol
Attached images
DSC_7015.jpg
The tail light looks ****ed up with the chips out of it.

For the scratches, get white T-Cut and that will get rid of all your marks except from the scratch that has went deep into the bumper, though it will make it look a lot less noticeable.

I had a scratch like that on my front bumper, T-cut disguised it quite well considering what it was when it happend, but luckilly my mate is a painter so he fixed it a bit cheaper than normal...
Those rears would look sweet with the coloured filters out.
Oh joy, i was having a quick look around the car today, and....

F*****g B*****d!
Attached images
tyre.jpg
how in the name of all that is holy did this happen?
Looks like hes clipped the curb and its fractured the tyre in some way.
Is that what you get with cheap'o tyres?

Are the metal things inside the tyre sidewall ruptured ?
*AHEM!* Full set of bridgestones i'll have you know!

I remember going through a fairly large pothole a couple of weeks back at night, but i can't remember what night or where i was coming back from now, so no point speaking to the council about it.

I haven't really been massively impressed with these tyres TBH, the yokohama a539's that were on 2 of the wheels when i got them gripped very well, and made the car feel a lot better, but were on the wear bars, and as yoko's are fairly expensive i opted for the bridgestones instead.

I might get a set of these next time, very soft and grippy, but not too expensive either.

http://www.tyresdirectuk.co.uk ... 84&cat=250&page=2
Quote from Scrabby :Allmoust every guy there uses it... (especially VAG). So it's kinda like a bandwaggon, buy a bra, hop on!

The car looks ****ing sweet man, that's how a Mk3 SHOULD look, it's as good as it gets!
Greased up all my black plastic today so it's all nice and shiny and.. imo looks 100% better, to bad it won't stay shiny, but I lowered my windshield wipers today! Those also look 100% better! Now I just need to go get some wipers, hopefully some of those metalless ones without those frames, those are nice! But.. expensive.

Might wash and wax my car today, also might claybar it too if I decide to clean it.
I have a new car
Attached images
DSC0055.JPG
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG