The online racing simulator
so i just ordered BF 1942 anyone play it?
(26 posts, started )
anyone here play bf 1942?
we could play each other when i get the game :P
ll ur a bit late people playing BF2 now
or 1943
Quote from morpha :or 1943

I don't know if that was bad marketing or what lol but making a BF1942 and now a 1943... lol

I love the orchestra music of the BF series though, catchy little tune!

My roommate still plays BF2, he always gets on those bring a pistol to a knife fight servers, those guys are crazy lol!! watching that is so funny, unreal.. yes but oh so hilarious!

I don't know about 1942 though, I love that game, I'm sure plenty of people still play it online, but man oh man does 1943 look gorgeous!

I tell you what though, 1942 changed FPS gaming forever with the entering vehicles thing, there may be others that had it before, but not on a large scale like this before, I instantly fell in love with that game when it came out (I never bought it though), but WOW how the entering vehicles has come so far!!
Is 1943 supposed to be basically the same thing as 1942 just with .. more and better looking stuff?
I remember playing the demo for weeks with a friend... weeks on Wake Island. In the end it was mostly crashing aircraft carriers into stuff, such as.. well Wake Island for a start Later in the full version we often did what we used to call "Küböwä" which is kind of a German version of banzai / gyokusai to go along with vehicular manslaughter using a German Kübelwagen

There was a lot of silly stuff you can't really do anymore, with all the achievement focused gameplay... Seems like the good old simple deathmatch is history, everything has to be for something more than just the fun of it these days.
i can't run bf2(my gfx card)
and i have 1943 for xbox 360, and 1942 runs perfect on my computer
Quote from XCNuse :
My roommate still plays BF2, he always gets on those bring a pistol to a knife fight servers, those guys are crazy lol!! watching that is so funny, unreal.. yes but oh so hilarious!

I remember doing that on a regular "inf only" server (just using knife or pistol) just to get my badges. Was kind of funny though, especially considering it was a 64 player server. I mean, hunting and perhaps even fraggin people only with a knife/ pistol while they're shooting at you with (sub)machine guns is just hilarious.

Quote from XCNuse :
I don't know about 1942 though, I love that game, I'm sure plenty of people still play it online, but man oh man does 1943 look gorgeous!

I can comfirm that. A lot still do since a lot of oldskool servers are still running. I'm also curious about 1943 though, especially regarding the handling of the planes.

Quote from XCNuse :
I tell you what though, 1942 changed FPS gaming forever with the entering vehicles thing, there may be others that had it before, but not on a large scale like this before, I instantly fell in love with that game when it came out (I never bought it though), but WOW how the entering vehicles has come so far!!
Is 1943 supposed to be basically the same thing as 1942 just with .. more and better looking stuff?

Operation Flashpoint for instance but BF was the first that was more arcade making it more atractive somehow. Been playing the demo for some time and got the full game rather quickly. Had a lot of nice battles, by foot & with vehicles.

I hope 1943 does't differ too much regarding gameplay. Too much bling bling (like commander mode...) would kill it (imo).
Well, i can say that its a good game (BF 1942). Ive played it alot and ...

A real gamer doesnt care about graphics, its all about the game/story itself.

SIG IT!! I wonder if thatswhy every single kid on the planet plays runescape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM4Fh8X7IuY

Well it looks nice but i don't like these symbols for the flags popping up from behind objects for some reason. Also, i've seen in another video that when flying and having an ememy plane within view, it's surrounded by a circle, just like you'd have it on a modern day jet plane. Hope these things can be turned off. Also, you don't have to worry about ammunition any longer... Well, it's obviously getting more & more an arcade game which is kinda dislike for several reasons.

Hope there is gonna be a demo available to see how the gameplay looks like and if it's really worth the money.
#10 - Jakg

Seems nothing yet replaces BF2...
I'm really looking forward to 1943 for the PC, but I wish it hadn't gone over to the consoles as it seems to have ruined its "uniqueness" and exclusivity. Still going to be fun nonetheless, but I don't think it'll beat the Godfather - Battlefield 1942
Quote from Xaid0n :I'm really looking forward to 1943 for the PC, but I wish it hadn't gone over to the consoles as it seems to have ruined its "uniqueness" and exclusivity. Still going to be fun nonetheless, but I don't think it'll beat the Godfather - Battlefield 1942

I agree, BF on consoles, that sucks.

Any idea when 1943 demo comes for pc?

to topic, yes i play 1942.
1943 is due out for PC in September.

I won't be getting it for any format though, for the same reason I didn't get World @ War - I really don't like WW2 games. I'm waiting for Bad Company 2, but the original still didn't have the feel that BF2 on PC had. Shame, I miss that.
Quote from Battlefield Developers :In an interview with Game Freaks 365, developers said that accessibility and value were the main reasons the game went digital as opposed to a retail launch. "We want this game to be easily accessible to a wide audience and nothing is easier for the customer than downloading directly to the living room.

Soooo those without Live/PSN capability are kinda screwed, as there's no retail purchase available... nice
And those without any net access would want to buy an online multiplayer-only game because...?
Was just making a point.... a damn good game is only available through the net

.... and I'm peeved, got in the mood to play BF1942 and I haven't got it installed... and I only have disc 4.... grrrr
I still play 1942, awsome on Coral Sea
i only have the demo right now :P, got to wait like 10 days :P
/slap
I have it somewhere here... It's an awesome game

When you're at Omaha beach playing against the Allies, Ohhh awesome!
I'm playing Battlefield 1943, forgot how much fun the old Battlefield was, 1942 was a blast.
I just downloaded the demo, trying to fly the plane is just nonsense! I must have totalled at leat 10 planes in about half an hour! was fun tho.
cant wait for 1943. Have not been on 1942 in a while and i loved that.

Going to install it now and get a bash.

Anywhere u play regular Scrabby?
Quote from Xaid0n :Was just making a point.... a damn good game is only available through the net

I guess we know that from some other awesome "game". xP

Anyway, I hope it's getting into real stores, and I may get it.
I love 1943. So much fun. I also can't wait for Bad Company 2 as the single player from Bad Company kept me pretty amused.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG