The online racing simulator
The Art of Helmet Painting
So, recently I decided to have another stab at painting a new personal helmet. Historically, I've been totally rubbish at it. I don't know why; maybe I'm just missing the secret.

I had a few ideas floating around in my thick skull, so I whipped them out on some paper and came up with something that I thought would look pretty rad. Sadly, like all my other attempts at splashing some hues on my lid, it just came out... pittiful. For some reason all my helmets just come out boring, flat and un-interesting (see attached).

Is it my colour palette? Is my accent line work out of scale? Is it just a lack of depth in the scheme? I would greatly appreciate some input from some of the helmet masters here. Any comments, crits, tips, anything. I'd like to finally get myself a nice new melon protector that I can be proud of.
Attached images
MagHelm.jpg
This is also an area where my skill seems to run out. Any help would be great.
Yup th art of helmets, its a different skill for sure.
I would like to known the secret. I think by over doing it works on a helmet but not on a car.
ive done only one helmet and it came out like this too
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=79129&d=1235733910
but ive found out one thing why it is bad, the helmet model is really awful, it aint round, its full of corners you can see, and the visor sucks, also theres no other things real helmets have
The helmet model defiantly needs work. Nice skin batteryy. Looks good.
I Like the Helmet battery, indeed the shape is completly round. Which makes it really hard to skin, however there are some helmets made which looks friggin awesome. So I must miss that skillpropably to do it. Like Maggot said the idea`s I have look awesome in the skull but when putting the idea on the helmet is all seems so dull . It doesnt suite then at all. So kinda looking forward to see some answer from the true alien helmet skinnerz
Quote from niels1 :I Like the Helmet battery, indeed the shape is completly round. Which makes it really hard to skin, however there are some helmets made which looks friggin awesome. So I must miss that skillpropably to do it. Like Maggot said the idea`s I have look awesome in the skull but when putting the idea on the helmet is all seems so dull . It doesnt suite then at all. So kinda looking forward to see some answer from the true alien helmet skinnerz

yes, *waits for kiste or banhsee to show up*
Quote from batteryy :yes, *waits for kiste or banhsee to show up*

Knight Attack dude from canada anyone?
i might have to have a crack at making a horrible one just to beat everybody

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG