The online racing simulator
Ai
(7 posts, started )
Ai
I know, there is lots of ai suggestions out there, but i thougth of a good idea witch will make them more realistic
Take 20 Online racers that does a fast lap (at each car/track)
They all need to be within 0,5 , or whatevver. Then they will be the ai's. Devs record each of them, and takes their racing line, so each ai has their own driving line and driving style.

This can do with overtaking and defence aswell, each ai has their own devence and attack. Record what the online racers does.

I Belive this will make them much more realistic, and better to drive with.
#2 - amp88
How do they adapt to changing conditions (fuel load, tyre conditions, wind, damage etc) if you just record a few racers for a few laps? Your suggestions is not practical.
#3 - STF
Would the ability to modify the racing line thingie ourselves be any good?
Better than the original suggestion. As is this: Honking once to make the AI speed up and honking twice to make them go left.
Quote from CasseBent :Better than the original suggestion. As is this: Honking once to make the AI speed up and honking twice to make them go left.

Your suggestion is flawed.

What if the interval between the two "honks" is too long and the AI speeds up a lot instead of turning left. The car will end up in a wall or gravel trap. Disaster!
hmm, you are right. It would seem I had not thought it through at all. Funny how that works
Something like LYTe for AI path editing would be better, IMO.

Ai
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG