The online racing simulator
I'd say it's pointless to ask a question if you then refuse to understand the answer, especially when given in all kind of variations, over and over again. Besides that, when questions turn into demands, facts becoming myths or getting completely ignored, one could start wondering what the true intentions of _some people_ really are.

Distinctive pessimism, impatientness and the strong will to ignore or misuse the given facts (or worse...) are just some things i can think of that are responsible for such a behaviour, besides simple not being aware of or not understanding (for whatever reason) the available information about the conditions, the idea/ concept of LFS.

I still believe that this is just a minority and the rest is actually understanding and if not then at least trying to respect the decisions being made by the devs.

Edit: I guess that at this point, it's only fair to share some of my views (again) for this project which are infact _only_ resulting out the usage over the years and the information i've got from or about it. LFS has already shown in many ways that an innovative and unusual way of developing a game can be rather successful, even with such a small number of "employees" or without the need to promote it like all the big companies would do at some point, where the product seems to be ready for the big profit for instance. I'm not sure really what the plans are for the future, if they are still working and trying to expand these and LFS for this matter. But one thing is for sure, after all these years, it would be _stupid_ to not carry on and make use of this baby and its huge potential.
Undoubtably, the amounts of time and effort that are needed to do so will most likely explode at some point (not sure how far that one is away though :shy but i'd say that as long as they are enjoying this life style and way of development, any option will be considered and taken perhaps, if really necessary or inevitable though. Anyhow, I'm kind of jealous since this way, they don't have to worry much about too many things really. Competition? It's been there before LFS has even seen the day of light and eight to ten years for a game are impressive in this business, especially while considering the conditions, i guess.

Anyhow, if trying to be reaonable and making use of comon sense is making me a bootlicking fanboy then i can live with that.

Have a nice day.
Thanks you and have a good day your self.
One thing I want to add, that might is a little harsh, but in my eyes the truth. Without the people in the community LFS would be very little, and there would be almost none knowing what it actually was. The community and it's people has used thousands of thousands hours to spread the words on forums, in movies, to friends, hell even family
So LFS has been very lucky to have this community that really works. I think that levels out the little commercial/adviertising the team actually have done themselfe.
Too much expectation and criticism. Unprecedented unrest. Bridges are burnt. The days of regular news and community interaction are long gone.

The reality is that if there was going to be a change, it would have happened well before this fiasco spiralled out of control.

The VW situation is typical of LFS in the last couple of years and it's really tragic. Announced in August 08 and promised 5 months later. 7 months have past since that promise. A serious misjudgement that's fractured the community and poisoned it with scepticism.

The devs have cemented their decision not to change, regardless of criticism. What would be the point now? The bulk of the damage is done. The bored have left. The observers will wait. The few newcomers and diehards will make a decision at some point, which camp suit them. Hopefully enough will join the latter, to keep LFS afloat.
Yes, but there was no promise that the scirocco (after the postponement) would be with us within 5 months!!

All that was said was that they (scavier) hoped to release the scirocco in early 2009, there is no promise of a date mentioned at all, just a hope that it would be released within that time.
Quote :
added Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco

Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

If you'd like to have a look at the car in 3D or start working on a skin, you can :
- download the CMX Viewer (26 MB)

For a preview of the car inside LFS you can watch a presentation video made by Victor van Vlaardingen.

- Watch instantly on YouTube
- Low resolution AVI (19 MB)
- High resolution AVI (47 MB)
- Best resolution MKV (51 MB - does not play in Windows Media Player)

You will need an S1 or S2 license in order to drive the Scirocco when it is released.

More information next week!

- LFS Developers

The announcement says week ending Friday 19th December. Well, according to my research, the week ending Friday 19th December is in the year 2015. Given the current development rate, the Devs are no doubt accurate in their estimated release date.

So everyone stop the whining, we've got another 6 years to wait!

(I'm aware of 2008, but, that's long passed.)
Silence! i hear the approach of rabid fanbois armed with wisdom and the patience of Buddhist monks...
Quote from richo :Silence! i hear the approach of rabid fanbois armed with wisdom and the patience of Buddhist monks...

More like armed with pitch forks and the patience of a teen about to get laid for the first time
The VW Scirocco was be released Friday, August 21, 2009.

:hide:
Quote from richo :Silence! i hear the approach of rabid fanbois armed with wisdom and the patience of Buddhist monks...

You people are nuts
Even as I want it out today it most likely won't happend, but one day, and I tell 'ya, that day will be bloody awesome!
I expect, or hope, that the devs will release and awesome patch with the car, since they have been talking about good patches and releases this year, so wait and see - hopefully it will be good. Or, well if it's not good all hell will brake lose
Edit : And I dare the developers to touch mah chase veiw, if that happens I go apeshit.
LFS developement is dead lets face it.
Quote from word. :LFS developement is dead lets face it.

Frankly, you look like a nob posting this on the same day as a test patch is released.
Quote from word. :LFS developement is dead lets face it.

its not dead
it takes alot of time to develop this game by one person(Scawen).
So be patient.
Quote from farcar :Frankly, you look like a nob posting this on the same day as a test patch is released.

Nah, he simply looks like an idiot for posting that, irrelevant of when a test patch is released
Quote from farcar :Frankly, you look like a nob posting this on the same day as a test patch is released.

A test patch with a few minor bug fixes. Whoop de doo.
A bit random, but Twitter would be a good way to update players on what is currently going on at regular intervals .
Quote from word. :A test patch with a few minor bug fixes. Whoop de doo.

Every minor bug fix in any given test patch is one step closer to 0.6A and the scirocco though, you can't deny that.
Quote from Mango Juice :A bit random, but Twitter would be a good way to update players on what is currently going on at regular intervals .

I dont use twitter and never did so far.
Not a good idea.
Quote from Mango Juice :A bit random, but Twitter would be a good way to update players on what is currently going on at regular intervals .

As far as i agree with Scawen on holding up the information, this might be an interresting idea.
or a video that shows us what he does other than "developing" LFS
Quote from word. :A test patch with a few minor bug fixes. Whoop de doo.

Below emphasis mine.

Quote from Scawen :NOTE : I cleaned up the spam. For anyone who wants to know what on earth I am doing fixing test patch bugs while we are waiting for the Scirocco, I have for some weeks been working on things which have a bearing on the Scirocco and LFS in general. I don't want to announce what I have been working on until the results are good enough that we know it will be released. I took a week out to fix some bugs of various importance, to keep the bug sheet down.

EDIT : Also moved the FPS v CPU discussion to its own off topic thread (as it is not related to the test patch). And I moved the plain "thanks" comments to to the "Posts moved here after processing" thread. In fact a plain "thanks" is nice but not all that helpful (too many "thanks" and "thumbs up" clutter up the thread). If you do want to say thanks, please try the patch first, maybe have a look at some of the fixes, then if the patch runs ok and the fixes worked, you could post a report here that you've tested and all is well - that is a more useful post.

So it's clearly not dead. Scawen is house cleaning (clearing up bugs) before releasing more features. Be nice to know a few details though. Even if it's a short paragraph on the LFS site.

Quote from Kid222 :As far as i agree with Scawen on holding up the information, this might be an interresting idea.

I hate twitter, but I'd settle for anything at this stage.
-
(Macfox) DELETED by Macfox : Dupe

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG