The online racing simulator
Save the dogs in south korea
(97 posts, started )
Quote from Gil07 :Also, if you read DWB's post, this isn't actually such a big issue anyway...

Eating them isn't, what precedes the actual eating is.
I am a dog owner, I love my dog and I'm fairly certain I would starve to death before even thinking about eating her. But I don't have a problem with people eating dogs, which is why I did not sign the petition.
#27 - 5haz
Quote from Scrabby :Cause they taste good. They are breed to eat

How do you know dog dosen't taste good until you've tried? (Assuming you haven't eaten a dog before).

Honestly though, I am not bothered if the piece of meat on my plate had a relatively painless and quick death, no living thing deserves to suffer for long, but living things must always kill and eat other living things, its natrual.
Quote from tristancliffe :Why are human beings any more important than animals? We all operate in the same way. We have thoughts, we react to our environment, we reproduce (although a lot shouldn't), and then we die. The main difference is that humans get taxed, and animals don't.

I think this might be doggy tax

Making all my friends sign up!
Signed, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Society dictates what is acceptable, and what is acceptable varies from culture to culture. I'd eat beef but a Hindu wouldn't. I'd eat pork but a Muslim wouldn't. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. As I see it, a cow doesn't have many more purpose other than meat/milk (yes they have been used for pulling carts and ploughing fields but those qualities are irrelevant in modern society). Whereas a dog has many more purposes, hunting, guarding, companion. So yeah, I don't agree with it, but that's coming from a the perspective of somebody who sees dogs as a pet.
This is the most ridiculous petition I have ever seen. Shall we let them eat cake?

People are dying of hunger and you want to spare a particular type of cute fluffy animal?

We in the West are so removed from our food processing that we seem to have forgotten what it is that we are eating.

Throughout Asia cats and dogs are menu items. I'm a cat owner myself, it would take immense hunger for me to eat a cat and i'd rather die than eat my own - but I wont for one moment stand between a cat or dog and somebody who wants to eat a farmed animal.

As for torture, it's most exagerrated, there are people who torture animals over here too and people who mistreat their pets, there are people who mistreat their own children, but they dont eat them. It's no different in Korea, every country has ****s and lots of ****s care less for animals than they do for a particular animal we commonly call "Human". Humans however, are still animals, and like dogs and cats, we're omnivores. Farmed animals however yeild more meat when they are not tortured. It damages the meat and makes it less saleable.
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Signed, thank you for bringing it to my attention. Society dictates what is acceptable, and what is acceptable varies from culture to culture. I'd eat beef but a Hindu wouldn't. I'd eat pork but a Muslim wouldn't. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. As I see it, a cow doesn't have many more purpose other than meat/milk (yes they have been used for pulling carts and ploughing fields but those qualities are irrelevant in modern society). Whereas a dog has many more purposes, hunting, guarding, companion. So yeah, I don't agree with it, but that's coming from a the perspective of somebody who sees dogs as a pet.

Who are we to decide what is and what isn't acceptable in other cultures? We aint the world police, as much as some would want.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Who are we to decide what is and what isn't acceptable in other cultures? We ain't the world police, as much as some would want.

we come from "team people"... someone has to make the choice.

not signing because online petitions are useless.
#33 - JJ72
I doubt south koreans do that.

They are a pretty civilize bunch among the people I know.
What does make eating a dog less civilized than eating a pig? Pigs are more intelligent than dogs, very social and actually quite clean animals, so to me, it seems more barbaric to eat those than eating a dog.

But honestly, if you get enraged over people eating animals that are not acceptable food in your culture, you're seriously hypocritical, even IF you are a vegan.
Just think of it, instead of trying to eat something that can fight back, vegans eat only living things that can't defend themselves. Now where's the sport in that?

That though also lead me to the conclusion that pretty much all of live more complex than singular cells is parasitic, as in it need to exploit (eat) other forms of live to prosper...
#35 - JJ72
I was referring "civilized" as the way they treat animals (i.e. not torturing or abusing them), rather than the act of eating them.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Who are we to decide what is and what isn't acceptable in other cultures? We aint the world police, as much as some would want.

True. There is no absolutely defined right or wrong, only perspective.
#37 - JJ72
I am always interested in that angle, so in some perspective incest and having sex with little children can be right?

does there exist something that is just right, or just wrong?
Quote from JJ72 :I am always interested in that angle, so in some perspective incest and having sex with little children can be right?does there exist something that is just right, or just wrong?

That is why our actions are dictated by law. Our 'freedom' is not absolute. It can't be. However, we can take delight in limited freedom. We all give up some personal freedoms in order to be safe as a community. Like I give up the freedom to kill who I want in order not to be killed by someone else. That is how civilization came to be.
#39 - JJ72
hmm, that's a pretty good answer!
Hmm, I might need to nip to Korea to sample some local quizzine now. I've seen skinned cats in supermarkets in France before, looked alright, would make for an authentic curry (as most of my local take-aways probably whatever strays walked past the shop).
Quote from JJ72 :I am always interested in that angle, so in some perspective incest and having sex with little children can be right?

does there exist something that is just right, or just wrong?

actually yes in some country/religion raping kids can be right. But IMO, every kid raper should be burned in hell:bananadea
Quote from amp88 :Tens of thousands of people die every day from starvation, thirst and preventable diseases. The world should put those people first, not other animals. Something I don't understand is that people are so shocked that some countries would eat dog meat or horse meat. Why are dogs and horses so different from cows, chickens, pigs etc? If dogs have been bred for food in these countries for tens or hundreds of years what's wrong with it? Are there more inherent problems in the production of dog meat than 'traditional' meats?

Quote from 5haz :Funny how nobody has any problem with Chickens, Turkeys, Cows or Pigs being strangled, burned, electrocuted or beaten to death for their meat.

So true, these animals don't know better, although I'd rather have it being tortured less.
Quote from tristancliffe :Why are human beings any more important than animals? We all operate in the same way. We have thoughts, we react to our environment, we reproduce (although a lot shouldn't), and then we die. The main difference is that humans get taxed, and animals don't.

Not really true, human beings ARE more important than animals.

Not signing the petition.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :So true, these animals don't know better, although I'd rather have it being tortured less.

Not really true, human beings ARE more important than animals.

Not signing the petition.

it depends, human is actually ''an animal'', but its on better position then other species, its more intelligent, is able to battle and win every animal, so i wouldnt call humans any more important to the world, IMO its destroying it. im not a hippie or anything but yea, human isnt doing any good to world
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Not really true, human beings ARE more important than animals.

It's only natural that the human race assigns itself a greater importance to their own species than to others. But why, what makes us so 'important'?
Quote from BlakjeKaas : Not really true, human beings ARE more important than animals.

Why? We are animals. We are carbon based life forms. We eat, breathe, reproduce, die. Natural selection and evolution have meant that in many ways we are technically superior (as far as we know!), with verbal and written communication, the ability to use tools and make things and what not, but in many ways we as a species are also inferior, with complex emotions that cause us to do silly things like make nuclear bombs, or form religious systems/governments (pretty much the same thing) and so on.

The world would cope fine without human beings. I think that makes us no more important than any other species. It's human arrogance (a negative trait really) to think, somehow, we are more important.
Quote from tristancliffe :Why? We are animals. We are carbon based life forms. We eat, breathe, reproduce, die. Natural selection and evolution have meant that in many ways we are technically superior (as far as we know!), with verbal and written communication, the ability to use tools and make things and what not, but in many ways we as a species are also inferior, with complex emotions that cause us to do silly things like make nuclear bombs, or form religious systems/governments (pretty much the same thing) and so on.

The world would cope fine without human beings. I think that makes us no more important than any other species. It's human arrogance (a negative trait really) to think, somehow, we are more important.

Wise words being quoted. Thankyou Tristan!
yeah,as i said b4 humans havent really done any good to this planet? only using its limited resources too much and helping global warming etc+
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :It's only natural that the human race assigns itself a greater importance to their own species than to others. But why, what makes us so 'important'?

That's just natural instinct for survival. You look after your offspring first, then yourself, then the rest of your family, then the rest of your pack/friends, then the rest of your species. Any species that didn't give priority to itself would likely wind up extinct.
Humans have evolved to dominate all other animals. Our problem solving skills, intelligence, creativity, capacity for learning etc are superior to all other animals. The fact we have evolved to the top of the food chain demonstrates this fact. To say that we are not better than other animals seems pretty irrational to me.
Quote from amp88 :Humans have evolved to dominate all other animals. Our problem solving skills, intelligence, creativity, capacity for learning etc are superior to all other animals. The fact we have evolved to the top of the food chain demonstrates this fact. To say that we are not better than other animals seems pretty irrational to me.

I guess it all depends on what you define 'important'. Out of those qualities what has it done to better the world and the environment we live in.

Save the dogs in south korea
(97 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG