The online racing simulator
Need a PC that will run ARMA II
Well no i don't need one but it would be nice!

Looking for:
CPU
MOBO
GFX
and maybe a PSU

Budget? I dunno lets say $500 NZD as a rough guide but can spend a bit more.

Would do this myself but i stopped following hardware about 2 years ago so i really do not know whats what anymore.

Current system is:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1GB RAM
Radeon 9600 XT

I like to mess around in photoshop and do enjoy editing movies (as does my dad) so a quad core may not be totally wasted on me!

Here is a website so you don't have to convert the monies! http://www.pricespy.co.nz/

CPU is much more important than a good GFX card to me. Thanks for any helpful replies!
You probably can't get a rig that'll play ArmA II for $315 USD. If you can somehow doublt your budget, then it'll be fine.

CPU: Amd Phenom II 955 or 940
MOBO: Gigabyte ga-790x-ud4p
GFX: ATI 4890
PSU: Corsair hx520

It's a pretty demanding game, from what I've seen and heard.

If you don't mind playing medium settings or low AA

Phenom II 550
Gigabyte Ga-790x-ud4p (can unlock cores of 550)
Nvidia 8800gt (try to find used locally. can get pretty cheap)
corsair 450vx
You need both powerfull CPU as well powerfull GPU for ARMA.
Its very,very demanding game and I would say poorly optimezed. For the money you saing you cant build a system which would run ARMA II at accetable frame rate and details.
That Phenom II X4 940 looks to be right up my alley! Seems to be much cheaper than the Intel CPUs that have similar performance.

The HD 4870 seems like a decent card as well. Although this combo is already pushing up close to $700 NZD with a mobo and possibly a PSU to come
Quote from sil3ntwar :That Phenom II X4 940 looks to be right up my alley! Seems to be much cheaper than the Intel CPUs that have similar performance.

The HD 4870 seems like a decent card as well. Although this combo is already pushing up close to $700 NZD with a mobo and possibly a PSU to come

performance costs money

But yeah 4870 or gtx 260 core 216 should handle it with low AA.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG