The online racing simulator
8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
Quote from Shadowww :No, you did not. Look at DLL names.

strange.. cause i dont have internet while installing... so thats odd.. in that case the drivers are already 3d-accelerator-ready from the cd/dvd then
No, they are NVidia drivers.
Microsoft does not make drivers, it simply distributes them via Windows Update. They're just signed by Microsoft after passing WHQL test and do not usually include anything extra, just the device driver.

In this case, they're drivers that Nvidia has submitted for Microsoft and have passed WHQL tests which are required for product to be eligible for "Certified for Windows" certificate which you can most likely see clearly advertised on the front of your graphics card's retailbox.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/default.mspx
Quote from Crommi :Microsoft does not make drivers, it simply distributes them via Windows Update. They're just signed by Microsoft after passing WHQL test and do not usually include anything extra, just the device driver.

In this case, they're drivers that Nvidia has submitted for Microsoft and have passed WHQL tests which are required for product to be eligible for "Certified for Windows" certificate which you can most likely see clearly advertised on the front of your graphics card's retailbox.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/default.mspx

does anybody listen to me? no i dont think so.. EVEN IN XP i HAVE NEVER had to download new drivers just to use a res HIGHER than 1024x768 <-- thats what we were talking about at the start..

i dont give a crap about windows update, as i didnt use it before i posted that screen, so in that case win7 already HAS the appropriate drivers ON DISC.. so no need to download drivers for the card.. thats what i said..

EDIT: what drivers do Windows install during a reinstall? as i said that i already had drivers + 3d-acceleration after the reinstallation of my comp..

8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG