The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
Really entering the pits(garage)
Have the insides of the garages in pits be such a zone, that if you stop there you enter the garage/pits to change the settings... For those who don't want to shift+s / warp to the garage
#2 - herki
that would be definitly quite nice
yeah, ya drive into the garage (backwards!) and the door closes in front of you - then the pit menu fades in... *dreamin*
Quote from Tanuva :yeah, ya drive into the garage (backwards!) and the door closes in front of you - then the pit menu fades in... *dreamin*

lol maybe in S8 lol in say 2015 :P
#5 - X-Ter
But you can change some setups while on track and then stop in the pits for them to take effect. I find this very usefull when trying to set the best camber angle for a track/car combo.
#6 - Chaos
yea, i know, even tyre pressures can be changed... but if you want to change the gearing or anything else that is not in the F12 menu, you have to warp into the garage...
you can still drive in the garage and then press shift+s
Quote from Chaos :yea, i know, even tyre pressures can be changed... but if you want to change the gearing or anything else that is not in the F12 menu, you have to warp into the garage...

That sounds pretty logical...? You change your tires during a pitstop, so the pitcrew can put any pressure in those new tires you want. But to change the gearing you need to open up the gearbox, and that is done inside the real pit of course.
#9 - Chaos
well since I work at a race track IRL i know how this goes

i think you just misunderstood my post, the thing is i don't want to warp into the garage...

and yea it's basically a zone where if i stop, the computer presses shift+s for me... but as i said in my 1st post> " for those who don't want to shift+s / warp to the garage "

p.s. i'm just relaying a improvement sugg from someone else... i don't mind using shift+s ...
#10 - Vain
I also like the idea of having to actually drive into the pits to go into the pits.
That would allow us to disable shift+s altogether, which would improve quali-sessions alot.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I also like the idea of having to actually drive into the pits to go into the pits.
That would allow us to disable shift+s altogether, which would improve quali-sessions alot.

nice idea, but what if I want to go into the pits again? (i forgot set something)
#12 - Vain
Either use reverse gear if you notice it early enough or drive the lap and get back into the pits. Just like in real life.
The problem at the moment is that we only have a out-lap and a flying lap. In LFS there are no in-laps. The value of this may be argueable, but what is sure is that an additional in-lap would reduce the number of "single laps" people do in quali. It'd be more senseful to stay out over several laps instead of just one.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Just like in real life.

You don't understand me. I drive into the pits, go automatically into the pits, set something, OK -> go to car and (without move) I want set something else. IRL, you neednt do lap for this, you neednt go out from garage and back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG