The online racing simulator
8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
its not working yeat... got the PSU in and now i have to get a 6pin lead for my GeForce because i need the fan working on it. when i tryed to put it in and start the PC it made noise never stoped .? know why? is it because the fan isint working ?
Quote from deiwisxxx :its not working yeat... got the PSU in and now i have to get a 6pin lead for my GeForce because i need the fan working on it. when i tryed to put it in and start the PC it made noise never stoped .? know why? is it because the fan isint working ?

The 6 pin pci-e power connector isnt for the fan, it's for the GPU. It requires more power than the pci-e slot can provide. It will not run without the connector plugged in. All you need is a 2x molex to 6pin adapter. It would have came with your graphics card had you bought retail. Can be bought for $10 on Newegg, not sure about any retailers in Lithuania; ask around some specialty computer shops in your area.
Quote from MijnWraak :The 6 pin pci-e power connector isnt for the fan, it's for the GPU. It requires more power than the pci-e slot can provide. It will not run without the connector plugged in. All you need is a 2x molex to 6pin adapter. It would have came with your graphics card had you bought retail. Can be bought for $10 on Newegg, not sure about any retailers in Lithuania; ask around some specialty computer shops in your area.

Dont live in lituhainia live in IRELAND but dosent mater. I bought the cable from ebay for 3paund still to come. What do i do next after i plug in the cable and put the card into PCI-E slot? is that it?
#30 - WSR
Does your motherboard support the GPU according to the documentation?
Quote from WSR :Does your motherboard support the GPU according to the documentation?

Motherboard can't support or don't support some special GPU's. If slot is OK, then it supports it.
#32 - WSR
Hmmm.

One of my computer's motherboards doesn't list my 7800 GTX 512 as supported, but it runs perfectly anyway.
Quote from WSR :Hmmm.

One of my computer's motherboards doesn't list my 7800 GTX 512 as supported, but it runs perfectly anyway.

You really think if motherboard was made before card, it won't support it? Motherboard creators can't predict what will be names of next cards.
So you mean that my card fits ok but the motherboard will not suport it ?
Of course it will.
#36 - WSR
Quote from Shadowww :You really think if motherboard was made before card, it won't support it? Motherboard creators can't predict what will be names of next cards.

That's not my point. I was not insinuating that if a motherboard would not support a card if made before the card existed.

Actually, that motherboard in question (ASROCK 775i945GZ) also lists 8600 GT as supported...

If I were to test a better GPU (e.g. GTX 260) in that motherboard, I know that it's most likely to work fine, or have insignificant issues unrelated to the motherboard.

Anyway, your card is fine in your motherboard, as long as it boots up, recognises it and you are able to install the latest drivers for it.
Quote from WSR :That's not my point. I was not insinuating that if a motherboard would not support a card if made before the card existed.

Actually, that motherboard in question (ASROCK 775i945GZ) also lists 8600 GT as supported...

If I were to test a better GPU (e.g. GTX 260) in that motherboard, I know that it's most likely to work fine, or have insignificant issues unrelated to the motherboard.

Anyway, your card is fine in your motherboard, as long as it boots up, recognises it and you are able to install the latest drivers for it.

so you have to instal drivers ?
#38 - WSR
Yes. Unless you already installed Nvidia drivers for a previous Nvidia GPU?
Quote from deiwisxxx :so you have to instal drivers ?

You will boot fine without drivers, only that it will be 1024x768 with no 3D support until you get drivers. So you don't need to pre-install them.
I had trouble when i got my 9800GT (bloody massive card) there was this much room spare when putting it in my old case l---l and we had to get it into the case diagonally
Quote from Shadowww :You will boot fine without drivers, only that it will be 1024x768 with no 3D support until you get drivers. So you don't need to pre-install them.

sry bumping this old thread but; seriously? what computer have you used dude? if i re-install windows, dont give a damn about the drivers for the gfx and start a game or anything, i can ALWAYS select higher than 1024x768.. i always set my screen to 1680x1050 the first time i boot it up after reinstall..
#42 - WSR
You must be referring to Vista, as XP limits the resolution with the standard VGA drivers.
Quote from Feffe85 :When even a DEMO-user (no offence) says that he hopes that you mean BUY the game online, then something is wrong here.

And NO, i do not think he meant to buy it, i got the impression he meant illegal download, which inturn is illegal to talk about on this forum

lol "no-offense" hahaha i'm sorry but that just hit my sweet spot so hard lol hahahaha
#44 - WSR
OffTopic?: Har har...

Demo users are not the scum of the Earth, nor are they the absolute downfall of the world os we know it.

People stay on demo for awhile until they find a safe option to pay the measly $50 (in Australia) over the INTERNET.

On topic: The standard VGA driver XP uses when no specific videocard drivers are installed limits the resolution...
Quote from Feffe85 :sry bumping this old thread but; seriously? what computer have you used dude? if i re-install windows, dont give a damn about the drivers for the gfx and start a game or anything, i can ALWAYS select higher than 1024x768.. i always set my screen to 1680x1050 the first time i boot it up after reinstall..

If you don't give a damn about drivers for the gfx, I wonder how you get over 2 fps.

Vista and Seven can download gfx drivers automatically, but you need internet connection for it. Try installing and booting up your vista or seven without internet, and you will see how "fine" 3D-acceleration works. You will want to make it into free-fall acceleration
Quote from WSR :You must be referring to Vista, as XP limits the resolution with the standard VGA drivers.

no it doesnt? i have NEVER had that problem as i said.. and no not Vista, i never use that shit..
Quote from Shadowww :If you don't give a damn about drivers for the gfx, I wonder how you get over 2 fps.

Vista and Seven can download gfx drivers automatically, but you need internet connection for it. Try installing and booting up your vista or seven without internet, and you will see how "fine" 3D-acceleration works. You will want to make it into free-fall acceleration

really? okey.. wait a sec.. will update this post in a sec

EDIT: i just checked DXDIAG (im on 7 for the record), and it says it uses MICROSOFT drivers, that is the ones that windows comes with. And they suck at everything. Will try LFS and see what fps i get..

EDIT2: Just played some LFS, and get over 200fps as it aint limited right now.. so i dont see the problem? and i also use 1680x1050...?

And as i said, i havent installed the Nvidia-drivers yet..
Attached images
win7_ms_drivers.png
Uh, Seven automatically downloaded drivers for you.
Quote from Shadowww :Uh, Seven automatically downloaded drivers for you.

strange.. i had ms' drivers as u saw if u looked at the attachment..
No, you did not. Look at DLL names.

8800GTs, thanks
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG