The online racing simulator
( Studying on it. Please ignore this post now. ) We Need PHYSICS Check
In moding-allowed online racing sims like rF, there's usually a system checking the physics files of each racer. For LFS, which allows no moding, there should be no need for that. However, we have cheaters. I have saw racers making physics changes online for many times.

I won't talk about what the guys did and how I found out what they were doing. This kind of infomation will bring more cheaters into the racing world. The only thing I can say is I'm 100% sure of what I think, and I can get evidence.

Will there be a physics check system in LFS ? We can't stop all the cheaters, but we can make the racing purer.

Edit: Did some study and found that the physics check system is more complex than what I thought. Please ignore this post now.
Quote from Keling :In moding-allowed online racing sims like rF, there's usually a system checking the physics files of each racer. For LFS, which allows no moding, there should be no need for that. However, we have cheaters. I have saw racers making physics changes online for many times.

I won't talk about what the guys did and how I found out what they were doing. This kind of infomation will bring more cheaters into the racing world. The only thing I can say is I'm 100% sure of what I think, and I can get evidence.

Will there be a physics check system in LFS ? We can't stop all the cheaters, but we can make the racing purer.

LFS already has various checks in place, although the landscape always favours the hackers (there is always something they can find to cheat).

If you've found something new i'm sure Scawen would like to know about it, please use the emailer on the site and let him know details of the exploit so he can patch it out in the next release: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contactus

B
Quote from Becky Rose :LFS already has various checks in place, although the landscape always favours the hackers (there is always something they can find to cheat).

Although the major problem seems to be that the dedi doesn't perform any physics calculations to verify the client, and to my knowledge this hasn't changed recently - without this it cannot be fully authoritive over the players and their movements, only ever able to make educated guesses
There's merits and demerits to the approach LFS has, it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. The thing with >all< solutions to hacking though is like anti-virus software - whatever you do is done before the people who are going to attack it, which meens they can see your defences and find a way around it.

LFS does do quite a lot of anti-cheat detection already, of course it's still vulnerable, it always will be. There was a time in my youth when I didn't consider any security measure sacrosanct - especially when it was claimed to be infallible.

There really is no way to completely secure a system, and yes, that includes online banks - i'm very thankful we didn't have those in my youth because for sure I would be rotting in my prison cell atm.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG