The online racing simulator
Ps3 Controller Help
(26 posts, started )
Ps3 Controller Help
Well I Was Just Drifting and a Friend Said That the Ps3 Controller will work on lfs. and i know that the xboxs Controller works with it but. my Question is if the ps3 Controller really works can some one tell me how to make it work with lfs? Thanks
-Brandon
and p.s my psn is
KillerBrandon
add me
just hook it up through usb, and go 2 control panel, and configure it through game controllers, and then in in lfs say its a joystick and configure
Forgot to say do not try using the PS3 controller if you are on vista. You will totally screw it up and loose all your usb devices.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Forgot to say do not try using the PS3 controller if you are on vista. You will totally screw it up and loose all your usb devices.

Thanks You Guys, and i have XP so Im Good
Quote from sil3ntwar :Forgot to say do not try using the PS3 controller if you are on vista. You will totally screw it up and loose all your usb devices.

Thats BS.
so can any one comfirm you ca use ps3 controller with vista?
Quote from boothy :Thats BS.

Go and run ps3sixaxis_en.exe on vista and then tell me how it goes! Hope you have a non usb mouse and keyboard handy!
Quote from sil3ntwar :Go and run ps3sixaxis_en.exe on vista and then tell my how it goes! Hope you have a non usb mouse and keyboard handy!

lol...i'll just stick to me DFGT, although i am quite interested in this ps3 controller idea...i may try it.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Go and run ps3sixaxis_en.exe on vista and then tell me how it goes! Hope you have a non usb mouse and keyboard handy!

I've been using my PS3 controller for weeks now without problems... I Don't see why it would screw anything up?
Quote from sil3ntwar :Go and run ps3sixaxis_en.exe on vista and then tell me how it goes! Hope you have a non usb mouse and keyboard handy!

I've used my PS3 controller on this Vista computer since the day I got it about 9 months ago - everything USB works fine here so I suggest it's a (user) error at your end
so what did you donwload to use it on vista mate?
Quote from boothy :I've used my PS3 controller on this Vista computer since the day I got it about 9 months ago - everything USB works fine here so I suggest it's a (user) error at your end

ok i have got it workin thank you but the steering is very odd quick if you know what i mean how do i set it up proply thanks
Quote from boothy :I've used my PS3 controller on this Vista computer since the day I got it about 9 months ago - everything USB works fine here so I suggest it's a (user) error at your end

lucky boy then! i didn't fully read all the info when i first did it and it quite clearly said do not do it on vista. probably didnt help that it was an RC version either. XP install over the top has me sorted for now :shhh:
Quote from tommol :ok i have got it workin thank you but the steering is very odd quick if you know what i mean how do i set it up proply thanks

Well you have to ensure the wheel turn is set to 90 and wheel turn compensation is set to 1 - and you'll probably want to lower the steering lock and increase parallel steer in the car setups.
Yes good points there from Boothy,
also Options || Misc || Analogue Steer Smooth can make a big effect. If it's too low then the steering acts all twitchy and if it's too high the steering acts sloppy. I had mine on about 0.8. Change this around and notice how the virtual wheel in the cockpit changes it's response times with different settings.
Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but does anyone know how you can set steering on left stick and throttle/brake on the right stick?

Thanks
Set it in Axes/FF
Thanks Boothy, excellent stuff!

What's the best way of making the steering less twitchy? The stick doesn't have much way to travel so can I change the ratio or movement to make the first half of movement not turn very much?

Thanks!
Make sure it's 90 degrees/1.00 wheel turn compensation for a start. Could be setups, full steering lock/0% parallel steer will make it more twitchy. Try upping misc>analogue steer smooth a bit (mine is only at 0.10) as a last resort. And finally, only practice will get you used to it all
thanks Boothy, worked a treat.

I am using the right stick for throttle/brake (as I do for Gran Turismo etc.)
However I notice that when the stick is halfway pulled back from centre, the brake is 100% on.

Is there a way of making the travel from full throttle to full brake extend across the whole distance of the stick?

I realise the PS3 controller is probably not the best to use for this!!

Any help would be great
If the controller is properly calibrated in windows there shouldnt be a problem.
I use ps3 controller aswell

If you continue to encounter problems then I would suggest using a different driver for the controller
Thanks Alec

which driver should I use instead, which one do you use?
Quote from petercollins :thanks Boothy, worked a treat.

I am using the right stick for throttle/brake (as I do for Gran Turismo etc.)
However I notice that when the stick is halfway pulled back from centre, the brake is 100% on.

Is there a way of making the travel from full throttle to full brake extend across the whole distance of the stick?

I realise the PS3 controller is probably not the best to use for this!!

Any help would be great

I personally prefer to invert the axis so brake is up. Make sure you unlock, click and hole the C next to an axis, wiggle the stick about to its extremes and let it settle then release the C. Then lock it again.
Quote from petercollins :Thanks Alec

which driver should I use instead, which one do you use?

Google "libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.10.1"

Been using it for a couple of years on various operating systems with no problems at all.

Once you have installed the .exe there will be a file called "ps3sixaxis_en" which you open when the controller is connected, then press the "PS" button on the controller and it should be ready to roll straight away

Ps3 Controller Help
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG