The online racing simulator
I need help for my endo(ish) race at AS5
well... in a couple of days i will have to do a 37 lap (+- 1h40) race around AS5 with FZR GT2. the only problem im facing right now is the tires. i dont know if my R3's will last that long at a pace of 1:51-52 .... can someone help me ????
Lol weirdly enough I got into a server that was racing that combo (with GT2) and got some sets with R2 Front and R3 rear. The set would last about 1 hour i think and at a much quicker pace then 51-52. So during your pitstop (which you will have to do in a 1h 40 race since the fuel tank doesnt take enough for that much time!) you'll need to change tires once thats all. Good luck!
Pump up the tire pressures and take out some bar, front and back. That should give you better life. Maybe soften the rebound if they're still eating themselves. Definitely don't run any toe.

As for balance, make sure that the setup favors driving just under the limit. Back off the rear brake bias and soften the rear suspension. Use a loose diff setting for acceleration. You don't want to be on the limit for an enduro, just under it. Try not to adjust your driving, just make the setup do what you want. The setup that is favorable to the driver is favorable to the tires and anything else.

If you do none of these, then do one thing: a tall 6th gear. Hope that helps.
well, my set is more for race than quali so i guess i should be ok with it if i stay on mid 51- low 52's... and yeah, during pitstop i would need to refill because even with full tank i predict around 28-30 laps then pit. ( 3.5% a lap.... =/ )

thanks anyway for the tips, i will try to do a race simulation sometime this week and if everything goes in the right direction, well... thanks ! =)
Quote from el pibe :well, my set is more for race than quali so i guess i should be ok with it if i stay on mid 51- low 52's... and yeah, during pitstop i would need to refill because even with full tank i predict around 28-30 laps then pit. ( 3.5% a lap.... =/ )

thanks anyway for the tips, i will try to do a race simulation sometime this week and if everything goes in the right direction, well... thanks ! =)

You could also go for a multiple pitstop strategy, which might enable you to also go through several sets of tyres.. This strategy might not be very good currently, considering that we for some reason only have one lazy mechanic changing tyres at a time.
One pitstop is enough.

Try lower brake torque limit, higher tyre presure and less negtive camber if your tyres are too hot. I don't think they will B-I-G BANG if you don't overcook them. But you'd better firstly have some full-race length tests yourself.

Good luck !
Quote from el pibe :well, my set is more for race than quali so i guess i should be ok with it if i stay on mid 51- low 52's... and yeah, during pitstop i would need to refill because even with full tank i predict around 28-30 laps then pit. ( 3.5% a lap.... =/ )

You won't be ok with those kind of times... We were running with racing set and 80% fuel yesterday. Someone (won't say name :P) was running 48-49s and I was running high 50's to low 51s with no practice. So either your setup has something wrong with it or you need to get practicing! But yeah you'll need to change tires imo.
i know that those times are kinda poor, but this event has two classes.... the A is for more experienced drivers, and the B is for noobs like me.... but for my class i should be more than allright with those times.

my brake pressure is quite low compared to the other's... im at 1600nm while everyone else is at 1700-1800nm .....
you'lll do fine pibe, just go for it, and stay smart
thanks sidx,

@keling

i did a test today, 1 stint with unmodified setup and the other stint with the no camber tweak.... and it worked well until after 15 laps or so because i experienced a dramatic loss of 10 degrees on each straight.... =/

but thanks anyway, now i know that i can do it. =)
Quote from Keling :One pitstop is enough.

Good luck running a 1 hour and 40 minute race without pitting
I'm referring mostly to fuel, but the tyres will be cooked too.
well from running MoE GT2 there for the 24hrs, R2/R3 lasted about 1 hour 10 mins, doing 49/48s r2/r2 is fastest and should not have any issues with the tyres last, slightly slower at the start as the tyres get hot but during the 2nd half of the stint but quicker 47's.

r2/r2 set needed quite abit of DF
r2/r3 low DF 6/10 ish and quite oversteery

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG