The online racing simulator
Goodwood Festival of Speed 2009
(15 posts, started )
Goodwood festival of speed is shortly coming up is anyone going?

I Have got to say that Goodwood is the best car event i have ever gone too, Pretty expensive but its totally worth the cost.

It Sounds like a good year with Audi celebrating its 100 year birthday aswell as Alfa Romeo and Mini are doing 50 years (I Think)

They have also just announced that there is a record number of drivers and riders at the festival.

This will be the 3rd year of myself going to the festival and im still loving it, fantastic entertainment and a great day out.

Bored of the FOS to be honest. Same old, every year. Some nice exotic cars, and some rubbish modern supercars. Some go up a hill that, thanks to the HSE, you can't see because of all the straw bales.

If you have to go to Goodwood, buy some 'period' clothes and get to the Revival meeting. Then you'll see some proper cars and some proper drivers.
#3 - wild
Sounds like a good bit of fun, it's too bad that I can't travel down there and watch it. Ah well the TV shall have to do.

Any idea of the dates that it'll be happening?
#4 - 5haz
Yeah the Goodwood events are only fun the first few times you go, I've been FOS 4 times and the Circuit Revival every year but 2 since 1999, and yeah its a bit repetetive.
#5 - ajp71
Might be exhibiting at the FOS and running a car at the revival, certainly not paying for tickets at the current prices though
Best bit when i went was a Transit van with an XJ220 engine in it going up, went up faster than most of the other supercars
Please tell me that there isn't an XJ220 going around somewhere with a transit van engine in it?
Quote from Bob Smith :Please tell me that there isn't an XJ220 going around somewhere with a transit van engine in it?

:ices_rofl
Quote from tristancliffe :If you have to go to Goodwood, buy some 'period' clothes and get to the Revival meeting. Then you'll see some proper cars and some proper drivers.

That be my plan.
Quote from tristancliffe :
If you have to go to Goodwood, buy some 'period' clothes and get to the Revival meeting.

according to my step daughter i've already got the clothes

goodwood is a bit of a drag for me but i'll be revisiting the pagean tof power in july at cholmondely http://www.cpop.co.uk/

good fun, a chance to see some nice cars, bikes, boats, helicopters and tanks (?) and see some old friends from when i lived near there
Got confirmation we have got a stand at the Festival of Speed today (trust students to leave it to the last minute ). So if you're coming down look out for the Oxford Universities Motorsport Foundation stand.
Wow, what a day! Best so far, Got to shake Coulthard's hand, Had a nice chat with Pat Doran (Rallycross driver), took a few photo's of Derek Bell, Murray walker and Stirling Moss.

Cant belive that the Audi Redbull DTM Car hit the Hay Bails, Done a fair bit of damage!

Great day, would recommend to anyone.

Already looking forward to next years one.
imo, Dc is one if not the most fan friendly driver
Felt slightly sorry for him though, he literally got squashed by fan's, at one point the Goodwood staff had to push the fans away.
Went for free, glad I didn't have to pay for it.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG