The online racing simulator
Fraps drops fps to 8 nomatter wat setting i use!!
This is really retarded the game runs at 200fps, but as soon as i get fraps to record it drops to 8fps.... and everytime its 8fps never less never higher... i've tried using all the different frame rate settings in fraps and it never changes...

all my other games, even crysis record fine...

specs:
intel e7400 @ 2.8ghz
2gbs ddr 2 667 ram
9800gt 1gb GDDR3
1tb sata 2 hdd
3 Tipps to increase Fraps performance:

1) Half the record resolution
2) Assign both LfS and Fraps to different processor cores
3) Record the footage to another physical hard drive, not just another partition of the same hd or even the same partition on the same hd.
Disable AntiAliasing in game and enable it in NVidia Control Panel.
Hi i don't know is it fraps with this particular game issue or LFS is to old for 9800gt and fraps so it not working properly but i doubt you will find the solution cuz its a common problem.
Of course you could try to disable following settings which often in combination particualr game + your rig give huge performance hit.

1.disable vsync or Force OpenGL Triple-Buffer
2.multithreading off
3.force trough drivers to use single core or multi core
4. disable AA as shadow mentioned, I have low fps during recording with fraps after setting it to "enhance game settings".
5.option not for you but for AMD users DL amd dual core optimizer didn't give huge fps boost for LFS but will help if game have trouble with multi core.

So my I advice is to disable all of the settings listed above and see will it make any difference, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
If it does then the easy part is to find what particular option and if it doesn't then you have to look for another solution.
I have pretty low specs so i was kinda force to play with that settings often so I can say that in some game disabling one of the following can lead you to a huge FPS boost.

Also you may try to record videos during replays on 50% speed (it will be more fluid) and search for "howto" on this forum it was here somewhere
How to record videos during replays so you can have fluid image
Yay thanks shadowww, it worked!!
Does it work at full ressolution option in Fraps too?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG