The online racing simulator
All LFS is missing for me is some proper lighting.
Shadow. what's with you always having to be right?

:noob:
:dnfnoob:

Quote from Shadowww :Well, maybe it affects fps, but not graphics.

Hmm, isn't that the point? We could have pixar quality image, if we would be satisfied with 1 frame each 3 hours? As I see it speed has a direct link with what and what you cannot do for the eye candy level. I think what you are trying to say is that anything done with DX can also be done in the 'game' itself (correct I think). Yet, wouldn't you have to program directly for each different card? I thought that is what DirectX was all about, to be an API kinda thing?
i reduced my graphics down to nothing (literally lol) and they are still quite stunning. i reduced them because i have a base line 2003 gateway comp. and i still only get 15 fps
Quote from Bmxtwins :Shadow. what's with you always having to be right?

Bmxtwins. what's with you always having me to be wrong?

Would it be possible/feasable to change LFS from DX8 to some other newer DX?
There's a plugin that can 'piggyback' the existing effects and add DX9 effects like a bit of bloom and motion blur, which you can get here: http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html

Updating the engine to use DX9 or DX10 effects would involve a fair bit of re-programming by the developers. It's not just a case of adding useEffects(DX9); in the beginning of the code
Personally I think the graphics in LFS are almost perfect. People who come to my house and play it are always very impressed with the graphics and they are used to xbox or ps3.

I think the graphics are as realistic as any racing game because of the unlimited draw distance and precisely because there are no dx9 effects like reflections, blurring etc, imo they make the cars in rfactor look very cartoony.

Even tho I run at I run at 1440x900 16xAA 16xAF, I always have >150fps which combined with my 100hz crt gives a fantastic level of immersion.

As I have learnt from my Scirroco posts, it is forbidden to ask any questions about what is being developed so I can only hope they are working on the tyre/kerb physics and track rubbering/marbles and not graphics that I can't see at 200mph
Quote from southamptonfc :Personally I think the graphics in LFS are almost perfect. People who come to my house and play it are always very impressed with the graphics and they are used to xbox or ps3.

I think the graphics are as realistic as any racing game because of the unlimited draw distance and precisely because there are no dx9 effects like reflections, blurring etc, imo they make the cars in rfactor look very cartoony.

Even tho I run at I run at 1440x900 16xAA 16xAF, I always have >150fps which combined with my 100hz crt gives a fantastic level of immersion.

As I have learnt from my Scirroco posts, it is forbidden to ask any questions about what is being developed so I can only hope they are working on the tyre/kerb physics and track rubbering/marbles and not graphics that I can't see at 200mph

I agree, mine is exactly the same with high-res textures at 1680x1050 I wish I had a higher refresh rate, but a 22 inch screen is okay :P
Keep in mind that probally you are using custom textures and such, and that is made by the community. Just as a friendly reminder, so we don't forget the great work to people like KiD, Jahr, Lynsj (probally all wrong spelled, spelled from my memory) and many others I don't remember the name on in the hurry.
TVE, are you drunk?

you probally spelled them wrong?

It's Lynce, btw.
What's wrong with probally, belived it was spelled so hehe
And now I am not drunk you fishstick.
-
(H656H65HHH65H4V42) DELETED by Victor : amb spam
Do you like fishdicks?
Anything with dick in makes TVE happy.
Aw man noone watches South Park
Why is this thread now full of unfunny, spammy posts??

With custom textures, LFS looks great. Like Sil3ntwar said, lighting improvements is all I would ask for.

A lot of DX9-10 features, like motion blur HDRI etc just would not suit LFS and it is much better off without them.
Quote from farcar :Why is this thread now full of unfunny, spammy posts??

With custom textures, LFS looks great. Like Sil3ntwar said, lighting improvements is all I would ask for.

A lot of DX9-10 features, like motion blur HDRI etc just would not suit LFS and it is much better off without them.

I think a very subtle, realistic motion blur could look good. It would make it smoother (especially for people using LCD monitors), and add to the sense of speed a bit.

On my computer, LFS used to have decent reflections but for some reason the cars lost most of their shine. I've apparently messed up something, but I don't know what. It's not really a big problem, though.
LOL been away for a few weeks but same old shit here

Nice to see the OP offering something positive to the forum , for what its worth I agree .. who whats motion blur dx10 bollox .. what we have is great !

Shame the usual forum whores turned what was positive post into the usual slanging match .

Nice one guys !
The general appearance is fine for me. And very detailed.

I'd like to know how they got planning permission to build blocks of flats/offices in the countryside surrounding BW though.

But I do have the problem of a constant, small, juddering effect - like a regular vibration in the motion even though my PC easily stays above 60 fps i.e. it's not related to demand on the system at particular times. Doesn't happen with any other sim (with vsync on) and spoils it a bit for me. Using a Dell 2407.
Quote from ultrataco :I think a very subtle, realistic motion blur could look good. It would make it smoother (especially for people using LCD monitors), and add to the sense of speed a bit.

See, I don't think so. In real life, your own eyes provide the motion blur effect, and it's really not any different looking at a monitor. Objects in my peripheral vision are still blurred. Not by a graphic effect, but by my own eyes.

Motion blur can provide style to some games, but does not look at all realistic. LFS should look realistic because it's a sim, attempting to replicate real life.
Quote from farcar :See, I don't think so. In real life, your own eyes provide the motion blur effect, and it's really not any different looking at a monitor. Objects in my peripheral vision are still blurred. Not by a graphic effect, but by my own eyes.

Motion blur can provide style to some games, but does not look at all realistic. LFS should look realistic because it's a sim, attempting to replicate real life.

First, I'll say this is not something I'm dying to have. I'm fine with LFS graphics as they are. I just brought it up because someone else did.

I understand what you're saying, but motion in a game is a literally a series of images (frames), which can't blur together. I'm talking about a barely perceptible effect applied mostly to the periphery, just to make it look smoother. As an example, GRID () can have decent blur If you turn it down by editing some file (I don't remember what). It's almost like playing on a CRT. It's not obvious that motion blur is on, but there's a difference if you turn it off.

In the unlikely event this is ever added to LFS, I'm sure it would be adjustable and of course optional. And yes, I'd rather see them working on physics (and new tracks :shy than graphics.
Quote from DoC_uk :LOL been away for a few weeks but same old shit here

Nice to see the OP offering something positive to the forum , for what its worth I agree .. who whats motion blur dx10 bollox .. what we have is great !

Shame the usual forum whores turned what was positive post into the usual slanging match .

Nice one guys !

People had stopped going off topic, then you come and starts the off topic part again And no Doc, I have nothing against you even if you belive that, but the way you posts keeps getting the attention of mine and others, and I can assure you - it's not positive either.

So what to chose, forum whore or forum idiot?

But enough of that, back topic. The problem with the blur effect, at least for me, is that it get's too dark and light, depending on situation. It looks better, but at same time it looks very strange, and not quite how it should. The blur effect is more like taking too many pills too, I just get too dizzy and canot focus for long, eyes starts to hurt too.
Does not happen in other games, so it's something about the settings/pluggin thingy itself. Toyed around with it, but with same result. Orginal LFS with some high-res textures are enough for me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG