The online racing simulator
Hurricane Katrina
(43 posts, started )
Hurricane Katrina
I would like to wish all our LFS Community Memebers a safe return from this devistating hurricane.

Regards and best wishes

Fordie
um.. do we have anyone even from louisiana? not sure.. (guess we wont really know either )

..to bad gas prices just blew up.. some people were "illegally" pricing gas at 6$ a gallon!

owell.. least the traffic sure did change today lol! made life sooo much easier
I hear all these people complainin about gas prices, welp, suck it up guys cause those people that got nailed by the hurricane got it a lot worse than us, we can make money, they cant make everything they lost reapear. (not meant as an attack on anyone, just a..realization of sorts)
XCnuse, all you can worry about is gas prices, and ease of traffic? Jees man, these people, maybe LFS community has lost everything. Give these people some respect.

As LFS is a world Wide community, I just thought it would be nice for us to wish them well on there return at such a devastating time .

Fordie
I think that it's horribly pathetic what people are doing down there now. No I'm not talking about the suffering, I'm talking about the rapes, looting, robbing, and even gangs now. That really makes me wonder what the world has come to. I mean honestly..A city gets wiped out by a natural disaster, and all people can think about is causing more grief and suffering.
#6 - Ant
Quote from XCNuse :um.. do we have anyone even from louisiana? not sure.. (guess we wont really know either )

..to bad gas prices just blew up.. some people were "illegally" pricing gas at 6$ a gallon!

owell.. least the traffic sure did change today lol! made life sooo much easier

hmm, U.S dont know how cheap petrol is. By my calculations,

British price for petrol £0.90 per litre,
That is £3.411 per us gallon
Convert that into dollars,
3.411 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 6.24735 USD United States Dollars or
3.411 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 5.00660 EUR Euro

Well, I will have some of this $6 a gallon gas if its going, might save a bit of cash
#7 - Krane
Quote from Ant :hmm, U.S dont know how cheap petrol is. By my calculations,

British price for petrol £0.90 per litre,
That is £3.411 per us gallon
Convert that into dollars,
3.411 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 6.24735 USD United States Dollars or
3.411 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 5.00660 EUR Euro

Well, I will have some of this $6 a gallon gas if its going, might save a bit of cash

That's pretty much the same we pay for gas in Finland, and was it yesterday when they said in the news that price could soon go up 0.15e/litre (that would be USD 6.89 /US gallon)

FYI, I used average prices, NOT the highest found here http://www.polttoaine.net/
im not being an ass to them.. lol i had to get some of it too; tornadoes came all through georgia taking out tons of homes.. some people are in same boat as them

i mean.. i know what everyone went through.. i mean i havent lost my home.. but i still know what its like; just saying

plus i highly doubt you know whats going on down there like apex said; there has been TONS and TONS and TONS of stealing.. raping.. tons of bad stuff .. its crazy; PLUS.. majority of the people were dumb enough to throw parties! i mean.. comon! how stupid can you be!.. if you live in a place that is lower then sea level.. why on earth are you going to throw a party when theres a hurricane comming straight towards you when its a level 5?!

for some yes.. it is a sad sight; but for others.. its a discrace
Watching the news now. A reported had to sleep on top of a police station for the night while being surrounded with police snipers preparing to defend the station. How sad.
Quote from XCNuse :im not being an ass to them.. lol i had to get some of it too; tornadoes came all through georgia taking out tons of homes.. some people are in same boat as them

i mean.. i know what everyone went through.. i mean i havent lost my home.. but i still know what its like; just saying

plus i highly doubt you know whats going on down there like apex said; there has been TONS and TONS and TONS of stealing.. raping.. tons of bad stuff .. its crazy; PLUS.. majority of the people were dumb enough to throw parties! i mean.. comon! how stupid can you be!.. if you live in a place that is lower then sea level.. why on earth are you going to throw a party when theres a hurricane comming straight towards you when its a level 5?!

for some yes.. it is a sad sight; but for others.. its a discrace

Sometimes I struggle to understand what your talking about...

I think its very sad to hear rescue efforts put on hold in some areas to stop looting. How long till the first email scams start popping up for this? Didn't take long after the tsunami last year.
On the good side, Houston residents are being very very friendly to the people who stayed in the stadium. That's good to hear.
#12 - Gunn
Since Fordman's intent seems to be soley focused on goodwill towards those who are suffering, perhaps we can limit this conversation to kind words and thoughts rather than discuss the political and economic factors of the situation? After all, it would be nice to see some kind words and thoughts rise to the top of all the hate and greed we see on our TV's every day.
I hope everyone's ok, and if theres anything we can do, give us a shout - I'm sure between us, we could arrange at least something
Quote from Gunn :After all, it would be nice to see some kind words and thoughts rise to the top of all the hate and greed we see on our TV's every day.

one little quick thing about this; one of the reporters here did suffer, a number of his family members died in the tradegy, and amazingly.. he was crying; although he was criticised severely.. i believe its the first time people could "see" the real person in him

anyways; on a good note, the financing for this is supposed to shoot up about 10 and a half BILLION! today.. quite amazing; many singers have given a million $ each which.. is extremely nice (some im quite surprised at lol)

overall.. its actually a really sad story, mainly because the people that need help.. cant get it because of where they are; and the people that dont really.. are just fighting for some odd reason, but yes.. all hopes that it turns out well
Today on the news there were trucks bringing food into the city. 12,000 more National Guards men are being installed in New Orleans
there is not much violence going on down there... the media is just trying to make it sound like complete anarchy. There is a lot of suffering though :'(

only a few people went crazy and the media tries to make it seem like its everyone. Bastards always gotta spin everything.
Quote from XCNuse :um.. do we have anyone even from louisiana? not sure..

Just a thought...and I don't want to speculate, but in the registration information in the North American League, CWMAX says that he is from the "Big Easy". I sincerely hope that is purely coincidence and that he is not from Louisiana. If he is, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family for their safety.
hm. well.. best of wishes to him! hope hes okay

havent heard much news about it today though.. not sure whats up; dont know if the snipers are still ontop of the hospital or not.. hm
I'm sorry to say this but some of the comments posted here are totally wrong and I am going to try an put the right.

The people of Louisiana and surrounding areas were without food and water for 2 days because their government and country abandened them. They did not have any aid and it was looking likely that none was coming.

These were normal people like you or I who have families, jobs and nice cars and can normally afford their own food. But what would you do if you had no money, food, water, shelter or support from your Goverment?

You surely wouldn't wait around on the edge of the street dying when there is plenty enough food inside a closed supermarket.

I know what I would do anyway..

and then there's the American Goverment who have given shoot to kill orders to their troops to kill these everyday citizens for trying to survive.
The problem is, most of the looting is not stealing electronics, shoes, clothes, etc. People pushing shopping carts full of junk they don't need to survive. I say shoot them. You can't eat a TV.

But yeah the Shrub addressing the nation sounds like a reassurance that we'll get our gad prices back down, not whether or not we'll save the people in New Orleans. This country truly does suck these days. I thought this hurricane disaster would be a wakeup call to Americans, but we're pretty much just watching it unfold as if it happened in another country.
Hi. I live in Houston, one of the cities that they transferred the survivors to.

I hate calling them Refugees.... they ain't foriegners escaping a war. They are our own people. Anyways, when you see all those buses and cars full of people with Louisianna license plates, you kinda get a little idea of how bad it actually is over there. The church around the corner from me has taken in some 25 or 30 people. There are single people giving the displaced their own
homes to stay in while they move in with friends or family.
Tempers are flaring over the evacuation problems and of course, polititians
are starting to use this to their advantage. That city was in a bowl in the
middle of a swamp with only one real route (IH-10) to get in and out of it.
It has to be a logistical nightmare to get all those people out of there and
an even bigger nightmare to figure out how to rebuild the place.

My kid's schools that they go to are full of kids from New Orleans trying to
register. and I imagine that they're gonna be here for a long time.

@ CWMAX.... I Hope your doing OK if you can read this
it is krane; some parts are being run by terrorists.. hence the shots at the coast gaurd helicopters

i mean the bad stuff may be a stereotype... but it sure is happening.. and its also making everything a LOT harder
The evacuation is finally underway. ALOT of people have been evacuated, but there is still many many more to go. =/

But have some respect for Americans. Almost every single one of the rescuers (spelling) have said how much they love their job, and they would do it even if they weren't getting paid. It's simply citizens wanting to help other citizens in need. And the fact that they are being shot at while trying to give people another chance at life is in my humblest opinion F888ing pathetic.
Quote from banshee56 :Just a thought...and I don't want to speculate, but in the registration information in the North American League, CWMAX says that he is from the "Big Easy". I sincerely hope that is purely coincidence and that he is not from Louisiana. If he is, my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family for their safety.

Yes I am from New Orleans, just west of in Kenner. I left before the storm, you don't stand in front of a Cat5 Hurricane. I am now in Panama City Beach Fl at a Red Cross shelter. So far everyone here has been super nice and very giving. I have no idea when I might return to racing, no idea when I will be able to return to my place. Till then, I have temporary shelter and food. Unfortunate for those that could not leave the area, was hard to watch on TV.

Thanks all for your concern
CWMAX

Hurricane Katrina
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG