The online racing simulator
making my own room
(10 posts, started )
making my own room
in forwarding your port what do i put as the start and ending port and also what do i put as the last number in the ip address.

my friend needs help with this and is forum-posting challenged, he only has s1 because all he uses lfs for is drifting. me and him are looking to make our own online drifting server to mess around on since there are virtually none in the s1 world.
How about private dedicated server or something? ... Shrug
explain? this is our first try actually making a server even if it is just for us. somebody said we need to foward our ports or some crap?
I guess that ur on router. Same thing here, u gotta forward ports and activate the static ip address (TCP) - not sure about this.

Read lfsmanual for more information. www.portforward.com if ur going to start with the stuff (use the stuff/information with care - be sure what ur doing)
we tried that bullcrap and none of it makes any sense. we have no effing idea what were doing thats why were asking.
If you dont know or have idea about port forwarding and these kinda stuff then dont even deal with it. Find another solution, like hamachi (if its allowed - not sure).
i forwarded the port but tcp problem comes up wen i make a game look at the pics

Attached images
host1.jpg
host2.jpg
link.jpg
Quote from peanuthead :i forwarded the port but tcp problem comes up wen i make a game look at the pics

That's not even router related, the port you're trying to run the server on is probably already in use. You should use the dedicated host. Get it, try to get it to work, post your setup.cfg if you can't.
i got it to host but when my friend tried to join it said host did not receive UDP packet and when i try to join his it says connect timed out like in the picture and im sorry i just want to drift with me and my friend

Attached images
f.jpg
Either you or your friend might have a firewall which blocks LFS online comm. Make sure you have all this stuff (even the windows crap) disabled before running a server...

EDIT. Or it actually might be the port which is not forwarded correctly on your router...

making my own room
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG