The online racing simulator
Pics From the Mid-Ohio Koni GS race/Grand Am
I went up to Mid-Ohio on Saturday with a friend and took my dad's Canon XTI. I took around 600 pics, but ditched just about all of them (many were duplicates/crap). I'd like some feed back about the photos as this is the first time I've shot anything moving. Unfortunately, I got to the track and realized I didnt have a polarizer, so there is a bit more haze than I'd like, and, this sounds really stupid, but I couldnt figure out how to change shutter speed. . . As for editing, the biggest thing for me is that I think I may have over edited some stuff. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/album. ... ;id=1570460405&ref=nf

Edit: Most of the pictures were taken through a 70-200 lens with a doubler as we were around 2-300 feet away, and on the grandstands I wanted to be able to zoom in on the farther portions of the esses.

I just re-uploaded the pics in a larger format for better quality, but the order got screwed up:

http://s278.photobucket.com/al ... Am%2009/Mid%20OH%20again/

Edit again: Just added the Tom Cruse car and a BW Porsche.
Yep the facebook ones are visible

Nice pics. I like the black and white one with the red mustang.
Quote from evilpimp :Yep the facebook ones are visible

Nice pics. I like the black and white one with the red mustang.

Thanks, right now, I'm trying to upload to flickr so you can get closer to actual sized pics.
I managed to watch the last 45 minutes of the race and it was some of the best racing i've seen from the rolex series in a while. Highly disliked one of the Farnbacher porsches blocking Krohn. You have no idea how happy i was when he got clipped by the DP and caught a flat.
#5 - Danke
Hey, I was there too. I was sitting in the esses most of the time, although I did a fair bit of wandering around too.

Me and my five year old camped there that night and stayed for the TDI Cup guys and the start of the Koni ST race. Good times!
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I managed to watch the last 45 minutes of the race and it was some of the best racing i've seen from the rolex series in a while. Highly disliked one of the Farnbacher porsches blocking Krohn. You have no idea how happy i was when he got clipped by the DP and caught a flat.

Yeah, I saw that, almost fell out of my chair laughing. There was a battle going on between the two Burmos Porsche's and a few others. I dont remember if it got uploaded, but there was one lap where they went 2 wide into the esses for basically the entire length.
Quote from Danke :Hey, I was there too. I was sitting in the esses most of the time, although I did a fair bit of wandering around too.

Me and my five year old camped there that night and stayed for the TDI Cup guys and the start of the Koni ST race. Good times!

Nice, I love the atmosphere at midohio. What did you think of that GS race? Personally, I thought it was one of the most boring pieces of racing I've ever seen. I dont think there were enough cars to make it exciting. How was the TDI race? We were thinking about going up again (for some reason, it was 5$ cheaper to get a weekend pass than it was to get a one day pass with some coupon we had), but decided it probably wasnt worth the 3 hour drive.
#8 - Danke
I love low budget racing, so the TDI and ST races were the ones I had circled on the schedule. I'm not sure if you got to see qualifying for the TDI race on Saturday, but more than half the field was up on two wheels at the top of the esses, some guys almost rolled it. It looked like UF1s at Fern Bay.

Most everybody kept it under control for the race. There was a little beating and banging, but less than I expected after watching that series on Speed last year.

The first hour or so of the GS race was good, with the top Mustangs duking it out with that Turner BMW. I do like bigger fields and more variety in the cars (and lower budgets) like the ST class has though.

We did the pit walk before the ST race and that was a blast. All the drivers were signing autographs. The VW guys gave us a shirt and the #29 Honda guys let my son sit in the car on the pitlane for pictures. We lost track of time and found ourselves stuck on the pitlane when during the national anthem. I hope they cut us out of the TV broadcast.
where the heck did u guys see the Koni challenge race? i went to watch it, and I saw trucks racing on an oval.
Quote from Danke :I love low budget racing, so the TDI and ST races were the ones I had circled on the schedule. I'm not sure if you got to see qualifying for the TDI race on Saturday, but more than half the field was up on two wheels at the top of the esses, some guys almost rolled it. It looked like UF1s at Fern Bay.

Most everybody kept it under control for the race. There was a little beating and banging, but less than I expected after watching that series on Speed last year.

The first hour or so of the GS race was good, with the top Mustangs duking it out with that Turner BMW. I do like bigger fields and more variety in the cars (and lower budgets) like the ST class has though.

We did the pit walk before the ST race and that was a blast. All the drivers were signing autographs. The VW guys gave us a shirt and the #29 Honda guys let my son sit in the car on the pitlane for pictures. We lost track of time and found ourselves stuck on the pitlane when during the national anthem. I hope they cut us out of the TV broadcast.

Yeah, we had some Paddock passes for one of the ALMS races (when ever Panoz's last year was) and that so much fun. I think I remember loosing hearing in my left ear from a Panoz starting as I was looking closely at a sticker near the exhaust. Next year, I'll try to make an effort to see the VW race, that sounds like it was good.

Quote from Gabkicks :where the heck did u guys see the Koni challenge race? i went to watch it, and I saw trucks racing on an oval.

Mid-Ohio. . .
Quote from Gabkicks :where the heck did u guys see the Koni challenge race? i went to watch it, and I saw trucks racing on an oval.

You don't have that problem when you're at the track I think Speed will show it this coming weekend.
Oops, sorry I miss understood his question.
Yeah, that probably has to do with the fact that I was shooting from at least 200 meters away (for those of you who know the layout, I on the food area's patio at the end of the straight).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG