The online racing simulator
AI and Training
(11 posts, started )
#1 - Nhb93
AI and Training
I don't have a problem with doing the training, but if the AI is going to have such disregard for you on the track, it would be wise to either have all the training unlocked when you get S1 or S2, or just improve the AI all together. Thinking about it, Nascar 99 for PS1 has better AI awareness than LFS S2, which is sad, considering LFS is the better game.
#2 - Jura
Quote from Nhb93 :I don't have a problem with doing the training, but if the AI is going to have such disregard for you on the track, it would be wise to either have all the training unlocked when you get S1 or S2, or just improve the AI all together. Thinking about it, Nascar 99 for PS1 has better AI awareness than LFS S2, which is sad, considering LFS is the better game.

It's true.
Although some people say that it is online simulator, not offline, I have to agree with you. It is a shame that they still haven't done something about AI. But I still hope they will
If they don't fix it, I think I won't buy S3.
Quote from Jura :It's true.
Although some people say that it is online simulator, not offline, I have to agree with you. It is a shame that they still haven't done something about AI. But I still hope they will
If they don't fix it, I think I won't buy S3.

So you haven´t played once since patch X. AI level of driving improved dramatically in patch Y. And you name the fact that the AI isn´t that good as an argument to not buy S3 when it comes.
#4 - Alric
The AI is a lot better than it used to be, the main problem is when you get near them for an overtake or vise versor they just seem to panic and lock up the brakes. For the most part their speed isn't bad but it's their ability to race other cars that needs attention as they follow each other in a line far too much now.

I hope the AI will be improved one day as I use lfs 10times more offline than online. But obviosuly there are more important things needed first.
The AI is pretty slow and well not that aware of others. There has been major improvements tho.

With the current system the AI is very hard to make good, because they use the same laws of physics than the player does too. Usually in other games the AI doesn't use exactly same physics than the player and thus the driving for the AI player is easier. That means it is easier to scale the difficulty level to be similar to player and at the same time make them to be able to avoid hitting the player or other AI drivers.

For what I know ie. in rFactor the AI players usually have much more grip available than the player so they can go as fast as the player and do fast maneuvers to swerve out of the way too, they don't require as perfect coding for their driving inputs in different situations. This system also has it's flaws but it seems to work better than the current system in LFS I think.
Quote from Alric :...vise versor...

Sorry, but that one made me laugh No offense, my english is bad, you just cheered me up with that

...and the rest of you should know that the AI is perfect, it's just in the Michael Schumacher mode
#7 - pik_d
I was going back through the training just for fun a few days ago. It's pretty annyoing that you can get cleanly in front of the AI then they'll tap you in the next turn and you'll fail that training session because of the AI.

In the XFR training thing I passed the Pro guy in a few turns, then he drafted right into me with a tap so slight I could hardly feel it: mission failed. At the very least if the AI's front bumper hits your rear bumper that shouldn't be a failed training mission.
i pretty much just gave up on the rally training mission...nuff sed...
#9 - pik_d
Quote from logitekg25 :i pretty much just gave up on the rally training mission...nuff sed...

If you mean the XRG/BL2 the trick is to go inside, brake late and get in front of all 3 other cars in turn 1. You have to do it right or the "pro" car will rear end you.
are you kidding, i would be happy just being able to view replays with my 2003 gateway. i dont know what i did, but i get 15 fps up from 6 and i cant do training leave cockpit, or view replays any more atleast i got the fps
Quote from breadfan : Sorry, but that one made me laugh No offense, my english is bad, you just cheered me up with that

...and the rest of you should know that the AI is perfect, it's just in the Michael Schumacher mode

That's actually latin and not english :P

Concerning the AI, I won't complain if it is improved, but I rather have multiplayer or physics relevant updates until the most urgent flaws are done with.

AI and Training
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG