The online racing simulator
Those with driving force pro or GT
or any other wheel that has up and down gear. Do you guys have gear up as forward and gear down as backwards or the other way around.

Since on the wheel gear up seems backwards and gear down is upwards.
Down is up and up is down.
That's how I (t)roll.
@tROLLER +1

I drove a new Subaru Impreza the other day with auto/sports mode sequential box. Up(away from body) for down gear, down(towards body) for up gear, I was delighted.
:goodvibes
Lol i drive as up ( away from body ) as up gear and towards body for down gear :P

KJD.
Quote from KevinJD :Lol i drive as up ( away from body ) as up gear and towards body for down gear :P

KJD.

Well, no real car has it that way I think :P But if you prefer that..
It makes sense to me cause it's like going from 1st to 2nd gear in a regular gearbox.
1 3 5
|-|-|
2 4
I think the Americans prefer it "backwards" however in their sequetial type shifter.

In my daily automatic, the 2nd to 1st transition is pull lever .... !
D
Still that feels wrong to me also, but I never use that feature when going about town.

At the end of the day, configure how you feel most comfortable.
Used to have a DFP wheel.

Towards me to shift up. Makes sense as g-forces support the movement.
I run it towards me to shift up. Game I originally bought the wheel for had this combination, so I just got used to it. When I got LFS, I just ran with what I was used to.
Quote from RasmusL :Well, no real car has it that way I think :P But if you prefer that..

Really? i didnt know this think im going to change it now haha thanks a bunch

KJD.
I have it the wrong way. Witch i noticed when i geared back instead of up in my mom's car trying to use the shifter instead of letting the car choose gear

Most of the time i use the shifters on the wheel.
Race cars has the upshift pulling the stick and downshift pushing it. Road cars (at least until some years ago) have it this or the other way, kinda weird I think not to have an standard configuration
Almost all sequential gearboxs with forward/backward shifter in real life race cars work as backward for gear up and forward for gear down.
You can save some strength in this way. Real cars provide g-force.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG