The online racing simulator
Tweaked LX6 event 26.06.2009
(34 posts, started )
#1 - troy
Hey guys,

I had this silly idea in mind for a while and thought it's a good time to do this now since most of the bigger leagues are in the middle of their summer break. The whole thing will be a mini championship including 2 tracks and 4 races (two of them with reverse grid) all of them driven with a tweaked LX6 which is roughly based on the LX8. I tried to match the weight (+distribution) and the amount of horsepower but since the car is encrypted some of the values had to stay unchanged. You are allowed to fiddle around with the setup but please keep the added weight and the distribution of it where it is in the original set.

I hope we can gather enough people to make this an interesting evening, tell your friends about it and if they deny force them to join.

Details:
Date: Friday, June 26th 2009
Server: CR|Tweaked LX
Start: 19:30 UTC (end approx. 20.50 UTC)
Car: LX6(.5)
Tracks: Aston North rev (AS7r)
South City Chicane (SO6)

Schedule:
AS7r Qualification: 20 minutes
Race 1: 6 laps
Race 2: 6 laps (rev grid)
SO6 Qualification: 10 minutes
Race 1: 9 laps
Race 2: 9 laps (rev grid)

Before you go onto the Server:
1. Get lfstweak version 3 from lfs-database.com (sorry no directlink not sure if i'm allowed to)
2. download the tweakpreset and set.zip
3. open lfs, go to singleplayer, join the track with lx6
4. open lfstweak, load the preset you downloaded, hit apply
5. go to settings (in lfstweak) and set both slickmod options to yes (don't forget to hit apply after each option you change)
6. go into the pits in lfs, load the downloaded setup and join the track
Now you're ready to get online.
*This whole thing doesn't work with testpatches, you need lfs.exe version Z.

1. GreyBull [CHA]
2. rc10racer
3. adamlfs
4. aroX123
5. Blackout
6. DaveWS
7. BURN
8. Wasknijper
9. Rudy van Buren
10. filipvdv
11. GuRu_PL
12. Karolis[Lt]
13. Fox 2
14. muffler
20. troy
InThis will be damn fun for sure.
In

EDIT: first time at the bustop this happens.
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Im in , will need to try out this crazy tweak
#5 - troy
Quote from rc10racer :first time at the bustop this happens.

I can only imagine how fast you tried to go through there. Even with quite a bit of lifting I still get some nice air under my body.
In?
In.
Count me in.
Sounds good but from messing around with tweak its really not a nice car to drive and it tips very easily.
It's fantastic to drive. You must have muddled tweak settings?
Where I can find slickmod settings?
#12 - troy
see my attached thumbnail for the slick settings.

and at pearcy, I guess it's a matter of taste, I'm no tweak guru just fiddled around a little and loved to drive it. If you've got any hints on how to make it better go ahead.
Attached images
slicks.png
I haven't. thats the point, i just put slickmod on a normal LX6 with a setup for that track and it was quite strange, touch a curb and your over, worse than UFR. Ill try the one you posted later and see if its the same.
#14 - troy
ok that clears it up a little, the lx6 is quite light and with so much grip it is bound to turn over at some point, I added more weight (on top of the other tweaks) and can take even fernbay curbs pretty aggressive.
A standard LX6 setup won't work very well with the tweak applied, due to the extra power available and the slick tyres.
#16 - BURN
hate aston (i havnt tried yet, but BL would be fun, no?)

Anyways, count me in ^^
I didn't tweak it, just had slicks.
I'll give this a try if there's still room.
Been driving the LX6 offline with tweak from time to time, quite enjoyable upto about 400 bhp.
in
signing up for duty !
in
mm power, in
Love the idea, I'm in.
#24 - troy
Password will be sent out in the next minutes, server will go live in about 2h so everybody got enough time to prepare and have some chitchat online.
In.

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG