The online racing simulator
Touring Car Techniques
(43 posts, started )
Erm your posts would make sense if it was NASCAR we were trying to emulate, but its not...
#27 - pipa
Why are you so desperately trying to change my oppinion about this? Different people have different oppinions, get over it.

Quote from pipa :...except nascar and i shall be quiet.

Bump drafting happens in real life, it happens in sims. Therefore it is realistic. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. A 4 man draft is physicly possible but perhaps rarely attempted, however it's realistic since it's possible.
Quote from evilpimp :Bump drafting happens in real life, it happens in sims. Therefore it is realistic. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. A 4 man draft is physicly possible but perhaps rarely attempted, however it's realistic since it's possible.

You just became my favorite guy on the forum :P
#30 - pipa
Quote from evilpimp :Bump drafting happens in real life, it happens in sims. Therefore it is realistic. It's not an opinion, it's a fact. A 4 man draft is physicly possible but perhaps rarely attempted, however it's realistic since it's possible.

Nobody is objecting that it isn't possible and realistic physics wise.
Quote from pipa :Nobody is objecting that it isn't possible and realistic physics wise.

So just because people won't do it mentally because they don't want to risk there cars we should not bumpdraft? Well in that case, people in real cars also wouldn't jump the curbs like we do, or make ridiculous divebombs from 5 car lengths back like others in this touring car series do.

In real life you don't see many tracks with long boring straights like in LFS. In real life, you don't see cars being able to suck up to each other because when someone gets behind a car in LFS, a high percentage of front downforce is gone, and all air resistance if gone off that car.

I don't understand why bumpdrafting on a straight is looked down upon, but yet you are allowed to bump in corners, most of the time causing an incident.
Does LFS's physics account for the drag reduction on the car infront as well? I'm sure it's been asked before, but does the car infront get a speed boost as well without bumping?
Quote from DragonCommando :Does LFS's physics account for the drag reduction on the car infront as well? I'm sure it's been asked before, but does the car infront get a speed boost as well without bumping?

No. LFS' aero model is about as complex as the bumpiness of the tracks.

IIRC, LFS takes out a wedge of air behind a car. In that wedge, it takes out front downforce (of the following car), and decreases the air resistance of the following car. The closer you are and the higher the speed, the more front downforce is taken out, and less air resistance on the car (to a point to where it's nearly 0 air resistance). This is all extremely exaggerated, and there is absolutely no effect on the leading car.
cant we all just get along
Well this made me smile
#36 - pipa
Quote from PMD9409 :So just because people won't do it mentally because they don't want to risk there cars we should not bumpdraft? Well in that case, people in real cars also wouldn't jump the curbs like we do, or make ridiculous divebombs from 5 car lengths back like others in this touring car series do.

Where did i say i you shouldnt bump draft lol. Cant find it really, but you have my permission to bump draft if that makes you happy. FYI in this whole thread i was just stating my oppinion, which this forum is basicly there for.

Quote from PMD9409 :
In real life you don't see many tracks with long boring straights like in LFS.

Le Mans, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Monza, Bathurst, Spa.
Quote from pipa :Where did i say i you shouldnt bump draft. FYI in this whole thread i was just stating my oppinion, which this forum is basicly there for.

You've been implying things, then when someone responds to you opinions you blow it off and say, "why can't you understand I have a different opinion." The problem is, you've been brought into the debate, but you have no idea how to debate it. Then the people that are actually needed for the debate come here and see your comments, which until fixed, were all theory, filled with unrealistic opinions.

This is why this should have been kept internal at iTCC, so we wouldn't have to waste time with with poeple spreading opinions around about subjects, they obviously know very little about. You're complaining about it being unrealistic, then we showed you countless videos of it happening in real life. You haven't made any other point other than this, so why are you still continuing to post about this debate?
#38 - pipa
Same reason why you obviously are.

This is a open forum where everyone can share and express their oppinion about anything really, unless its within the forum rules.

My reasoning behind my first post is that no matter what touring car race i watch on tv, internet, etc i havent seen anything like this and im happy about that. I love to see close fights between racers. Its just great to see them catching up in the slipstream and then pull out to enter the next corner side to side, fighting for every inch of the track.
That is what i call a enjoyable, exciting and realistic race experience.

If you feel that this is wasting your time, then why did you even bother to respond and still do. I can continue as long as i wish to and so can you.
Quote from pipa :
Le Mans, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Monza, Bathurst, Spa.

circuit de la sarthe tscuba (mini strait) almost every track has some kind of a strait
Quote from pipa :
This is a open forum where everyone can share and express their oppinion about anything really, unless its within the forum rules.

My reasoning behind my first post is that no matter what touring car race i watch on tv, internet, etc i havent seen anything like this and im happy about that. I love to see close fights between racers. Its just great to see them catching up in the slipstream and then pull out to enter the next corner side to side, fighting for every inch of the track.
That is what i call a enjoyable, exciting and realistic race experience.

If you feel that this is wasting your time, then why did you even bother to respond and still do. I can continue as long as i wish to and so can you.

Yes this is an open forum, but you keep making the same point over and over. I've answered the reason for why I'm responding to you, just read my last post. Bad information is contagious...

You love to see slipstreaming and going into the corner side by side, but watch the broadcast. People are bump drafting up the straight, catching up to a bigger packs, and still pulling out at the corner entrance to go side-by-side. Bump drafting allows us to have much bigger battles, which is aided by the ballast system.

As I said, we are getting opinions from people that just haven't seen the series, or understand what a fundamental part of racing bump drafting is. I have no problem with anyone disagreeing. I am, however, going to present my case as to why I agree with it.
i love how all, non-bump drafters whine, aswell as the bump drafters.
#42 - CSF
Yes its a great big wine and cheese party really. All started by Gil who has scampered off into the distance like Dutch immigrant he really is.
Quote from CSF :Yes its a great big wine and cheese party really. All started by Gil who has scampered off into the distance like Dutch immigrant he really is.

Lmao.

Quote from pipa :Le Mans, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Monza, Bathurst, Spa.

Touring cars. If we were racing LMPs, you sure wouldn't see me bumpdrafting.

Touring Car Techniques
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG