The online racing simulator
Tyre Line ???
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Nicce
Tyre Line ???
hello peeps..

i´m looking to edit the .dds file for the rubberline´s @ tracks..

u know the black raceline that is orginal in the curves "looks like 100 race cars allready been through the corner before u"
i´m not looking for the tyre skidmark dds file that one is called: racelinealpha

annyone that understand me ??
if not i´ll post a pic and show yah.
#2 - bbman
Quote from Nicce :hello peeps..

i´m looking to edit the .dds file for the rubberline´s @ tracks..

u know the black raceline that is orginal in the curves "looks like 100 race cars allready been through the corner before u"
i´m not looking for the tyre skidmark dds file that one is called: racelinealpha

You're out of luck: it's the same texture for both...
#3 - Nicce
so it´s a deadend then..

anny luck to make this one darker than it is
to make it show better??
Go to your cfg.txt and edit:
Rubber Lay 0.60
Rubber Dark 0.80

Simply increase the numbers to make the liner darker
#5 - Nicce
tnx Bob..

i´ll try it..
Quote from Bob Smith :Go to your cfg.txt and edit:
Rubber Lay 0.60
Rubber Dark 0.80

Simply increase the numbers to make the liner darker

had them on 5.00 and didnt change
#7 - Nicce
Quote from robbielayton :had them on 5.00 and didnt change

noticed this to..
i have changed them to 2,00 and start the game then i quit it and check the .cfg it´s back to 1,00 again..
I just tryed it too, but it just reverts back to normal levels. It also does the same when you adjust "sun intensity" or "car shine".
Well, such things used to work in older versions. Such is the nature of LFS development.
How about setting the file to read-only? You have to expect some problems though, as you see such high values aren't foreseen(?)...
-
(DragonCommando) DELETED by DragonCommando : double post
I'd assume that the internal values are limmited to a certain level, and they roll over after that.

So if say for instance the value can only go between 0 and 511, and 0.5 is equal to 255, and going to 1.0 will take you to 511, going to 2.0 will take you back to 511 and no higher.

Usualy if something is in a range between 0.0 and 1.0 it isn't supposed to go past 1.0, so it will be limmited internaly to that.
i tested the "read only" and what i did see it didn´t changed the look´s of it..
just tested to set it to: 2,00 instead of 1,00 so i belive that DragonCommand has right some how..
#13 - qrg
i also got this problem after instaling Z28 version, if any of you got some solution ill be glad.

Tyre Line ???
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG