The online racing simulator
Last to 4th not bad, had a podium but missed the gun on restarts.
Overall good race from me though i wish i had done better few things i need to go back and practice.
#27 - CSF
Hmmm... SC got crashed into by someone who should not have joined...

Well this session will have helped whittle down the drivers me thinks.
Oh dear.

I got caught up in a crash near the start (there was nowhere to go) which took me off the lead lap. I was doomed.

EDIT: Taken a look at replay, take it all back. No apology.

At least I finished! Got caught up in a couple of wrecks, but was pleased with myself for narrowly avoiding a few. And because I finished, I was automatically granted quite a high position.
Quote from AstroBoy :Last to 4th not bad, had a podium but missed the gun on restarts, though on the closing laps the inside lane was blocked by FM cars was also shunted by one of them as well poor showing.

Which lap? 37? If you're talking about me, I was giving you the draft so we could get ahead. If you're willing to come to our servers and learn drafting techniques, I'll be happy to help you.
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
Well the standard of driving IMO was much better than in previous sessions. We had two 30-40 lap green runs, but the great thing was that, during these periods I was watching the people who I thought were more likely to cause incidents [no names, obviously], but they seem to have got the hang of it - letting off in the right places, being generally more patient and giving people more room - I hope this is a sign of definite improvement
-
(pacesetter) DELETED by pacesetter : Wrong Thread :S
#31 - Ori
Thanks for beein' cool and letting me participate. After work i had a lot to do and forgot or messed up the time. Hadn't raced since the 400 and was in for a compensation but had problems steering and timed out - first time since very very long time. Hope I didnt disturb or worse.
Quote from AstroBoy :Last to 4th not bad, had a podium but missed the gun on restarts, though on the closing laps the inside lane was blocked by FM cars was also shunted by one of them as well poor showing.

It wasn't blocking. The inside was occupied by 2 FM cars who were drafting. I'm sure you are aware that the best practice if a single car is ahead of 2 cars that are side by side is for the single car ahead to move to the left and offer the draft to the left-hand car behind.

2 3

As you see from that very crude graphic, car 1 giving draft to car 3 is pointless, car 3 is boxed in and can't go anywhere.

You would have an argument for saying it was blocking if there was just 1 car constantly hanging around your inside. In this case I don't think you can say that.

Anyway, FM have a reputation for Oval racing, and as such we are there to be shot at. In this case I would say your shot was across the bow rather than a direct hit lol.

Peace out.
Fragmaster.net: We are the '[FM] Oval Junkies'.

I realy dont have a luck with this sesions .
Yesterday was drive too fast on SC car collecting once crashed cars and collecting walls without any reasons. Just one good moment for me was the mandatory pitstop , when I managed to stay in the same leading lap.
Than earn DQ .
Maybe it is time to reconsider this kyoto 500 thing once again .
I dont know ...
Quote from Ki-Men :I realy dont have a luck with this sesions .
Yesterday was drive too fast on SC car collecting once crashed cars and collecting walls without any reasons. Just one good moment for me was the mandatory pitstop , when I managed to stay in the same leading lap.
Than earn DQ .
I dont know ...

Don't get yourself down. You just have to practice alot. Oval racing isn't just about passing cars and racing in circles... it's about technique, teamwork and patients (damn, i've said that alot, lol). You wont learn it over night. It takes months of practice to be good at it.
Quote from SmegFirk :*Snip*

Well as a start id like to take back what i said about FM in the heat of the moment i wasn't thinking right, but after watching the replay i am dead wrong about what i thought, so i am sorry.
Quote from Ki-Men :I realy dont have a luck with this sesions .
Than earn DQ .
I dont know ...

The practice sessions are what they are. The actual kyoto 500 might be entirely different (for better or for worse). Despite the horrendous amount of incidents, I had a good time at the sessions during the time in which there was good close green flag racing. Therefore I actually look forward to the K500 to experience that same close racing again, and who knows...perhaps I might even finish decent.

Just keep this in mind, a poor finish in the practice sessions is not necessarily an indication of a poor finish in the 500.

You're in a very major event, it's natural that it's highly competitive. But hey, if everything comes together and the field gets away cleanly, you might not even notice that your not running up front
Naw no stats
Quote from AstroBoy :Naw no stats

Do you realise it would take an eternity to do full stats of all the practice sessions?

They are inevitably ment for practise only.

And for the non-English speakers, no I did not typo one of the p-words there.
fair enough.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG