The online racing simulator
I can't stand Richard Hammond anymore
(56 posts, started )
#26 - JJ72
Quote from trebor901 :as has been said before, he needs to earn a living to put food on the table just like anyone and tbh he wont be that bad off from working for BBC and Top Gear but maybe he wants to give his kids a stable future

Putting food on a table is hardly a concern for a guy like him isn't it.

Don't blame him for doing ads though, it's a simple job for some quick bucks.
It's an advert.. tough if you don't like it.

Watched them and found them hardly annoying at all.
I've seen worse adverts. Any American one, for starters.
This is the first advert ive seen him do that Kerry Katonna would not also have got offered...
so what if he's a sell-out? I don't care
I quite liked it.
hmmm, haha
Watch them 3 times every hour and then tell me they are not annoying. There is one more which is the worst one that i can not find on youtube. They race a jet sprint boat against sending an image over the network. It does not make any sense at all.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Watch them 3 times every hour and then tell me they are not annoying. There is one more which is the worst one that i can not find on youtube. They race a jet sprint boat against sending an image over the network. It does not make any sense at all.

Don't watch adverts? Go have a piss and get a drink of water...
#36 - 5haz
After being put through the crazy frog advert assault several years ago, awful adverts no longer affect me, I am numb to them.
I see this ad worked tho...
#38 - 5haz
Yer well it was pretty awful, ever since he had the fastest car crash ever, Hammond has styled himself as some sort of Evil Knievel type character, I laughed when he called his Autobiography 'On The Edge', as if he'd spent his entire career escaping death. I'm suprised Clarkson hasn't subjected him to some serious ridicule over it.
You guys don't have DVRs over there? I haven't watched a commercial in years. People ask all the time at work, "Have you seen the xxxxx commercial?" Nope, I buzz right through them. I almost have it down to a science how many times to hit the "30 second FF" button depending on what I'm watching. Speed TV, 4 hits of the button. Hockey, 3 hits. There are some channels where you will get at least 8 minutes worth of commercials .
#40 - 5haz
Well we have Sky Plus, but I'm not that rich at the moment.

And we do have the BBC, completely advert free, but you have to pay the TV license otherwise they take you away in a big black car.
Good luck to Hammond - he's just trying to make money for his family.

The only time he annoys me is when he say, "I think you know where this is going"... as in:

"We've got a caravan and 10,000 pounds of TNT - I think you know where this is going."
Why the **** are you knobs talking about money? The man isn't in financial hardship he owns numerous sports bikes and cars! Stop talking like hes in a gutter and he needs this to survive.

My complaint is about how stupid these ads are and how stupid they make him look. If the ads were well done then it would not be a problem. What they have made are ads that are not even relevant to what they are trying to sell. They could have at least made them funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooc6A6ekNho
the ad should be the video of hammond crashing the jet car and using it to call help
#44 - Migz
Quote from wildwilly :the ad should be the video of hammond crashing the jet car and using it to call help

+111111111!!!!!!111!!!!Elevelen111111!!!!OneOneOne
Quote from sil3ntwar :Why the **** are you knobs talking about money? The man isn't in financial hardship he owns numerous sports bikes and cars! Stop talking like hes in a gutter and he needs this to survive.

My complaint is about how stupid these ads are and how stupid they make him look. If the ads were well done then it would not be a problem. What they have made are ads that are not even relevant to what they are trying to sell. They could have at least made them funny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooc6A6ekNho

You seem to have underlying anger issues with Commercials either/and/or Hammond.. just DON'T WATCH THEM
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You seem to have underlying anger issues with Commercials either/and/or Hammond.. just DON'T WATCH THEM

You underestimate my laziness
Quote from sil3ntwar :What they have made are ads that are not even relevant to what they are trying to sell.

welcome to the world of advertising......
Has he ever been cool?

From the start he was pratting about failing at daytime TV. He has made some decent documentary type programs, but also a lot of rubbish. He frequents children's television and he even presents the UK version of Total Wipeout, and if that makes him the equivalent of the US presenters then he's done for in the battle to be cool. Wealthy, yes, cool, never.
I watched the first one, it was pretty cool, but i can imagine how annoying it would get,
There's also the point that Telecom here have a similar reputation to parking wardens, they've spent the last 20 years ensuring that NZ has a third world telco system by effectively not spending on network infrastructure and doing their best to stop any form of compitition.

The launch of the XT network was delayed as Telecom 'forgot' that they needed filtering on their equipment to stop it breaking Vodaphones system. ( Settled out of court )

Telecom's previous ad campaigns have usually only involved small fluffy animals ( no change there then ! ) as it's a well known advertising rule that if there's nothing good to say about a product, then sell it with animals or children.

We can't even get ADSL2 here as Telecom are in the process of completely screwing up the roll out of this and ensuring that only they can offer it. The current model is that MAYBE in 10 years 80% of the pop MAY have access, perhaps..............

Culturally in NZ it's like Top Gear giving a huge indorsment to the Reliant Robin as car of the century.

I can't stand Richard Hammond anymore
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG