The online racing simulator
I think that they have a different TC-setting for tire warm up. It limits the revs. Otherwise they would spin their car because modern F1 engine is so sensitive and powerful.
seems possible.
It doesn't look like he puts as much power on to do it. Looks to me like he has more grip up front and is just flicking it.
seems possible yeh, before a hotlap i just spin the car abit. slide a few corners then go for it as the tires are hotter then. i normally go faster the second lap so it does not really need to be done (what this thread is about)
Like has already been mentioned I think they use TC on a turned down setting.

Tires still seem to heat way too quickly IMO.
I have noticed the following: As long as the tyres are not at optimum racing temperature, it is less difficult to do "the swerve". When they warm up, they lose traction harder and regain it suddenly which makes it more difficult. I predict it will be easier to do with 115C tyres than 85C tyres.

115celcius... fscking awesome... imagine, pouring water on it and watching it boil... so fscking awesome!

---
Give us clutchless shifting! and a program for using a forcefeedback joystick as gearshift! Thank you Scawen! Thank you Eric! Thank you all!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG