The online racing simulator
Multiple buttons for one action
I'd like to be able to bind both my sequential stick shift and my paddles onto the shift up/down action.. Right now, I'm changing between them every race because I drive both cars where I want to use paddles and cars where I want to use stick.
That's all, thanks
#2 - G!NhO
Use lfs scripts, ask obsolum he knows all about it.

btw i have scripts for it too, and it works great.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide

Automatic shifter configuration (for Logitech G25 users)
Shortcut keys used: None
To automatically adjust the controller bindings for the shift mechanism used by the currently selected car, all you have to do is modify the existing road.lfs, sequential.lfs and paddle.lfs as shown below.
Optionally you can also add re-bindings of whatever you want to use the free shifter/paddle buttons for. For example, when using the shifter unit, my right paddle acts as handbrake and the left one as horn, whereas when using the paddles, pulling the sequential stick is the handbrake and pushing sounds the horn. Doing this maximises the capabilities of the few easy-to-reach buttons on the G25; these re-bindings are not included in the example scripts.
road.lfs
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2
/button 10 gear_3
/button 11 gear_4
/button 12 gear_5
/button 13 gear_6
/button 14 reverse

/shifter shifter
/autoclutch 0

/echo Shiftmode: H-Gate
sequential.lfs
/button 9 shift_up
/button 8 shift_down

/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 0

/echo Shiftmode: Sequential
paddle.lfs
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down

/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 1

/echo Shiftmode: Paddles

Sorry for epic post.
Quote from N1PPER :http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide

Automatic shifter configuration (for Logitech G25 users)
Shortcut keys used: None
To automatically adjust the controller bindings for the shift mechanism used by the currently selected car, all you have to do is modify the existing road.lfs, sequential.lfs and paddle.lfs as shown below.
Optionally you can also add re-bindings of whatever you want to use the free shifter/paddle buttons for. For example, when using the shifter unit, my right paddle acts as handbrake and the left one as horn, whereas when using the paddles, pulling the sequential stick is the handbrake and pushing sounds the horn. Doing this maximises the capabilities of the few easy-to-reach buttons on the G25; these re-bindings are not included in the example scripts.
road.lfs
/button 8 gear_1
/button 9 gear_2
/button 10 gear_3
/button 11 gear_4
/button 12 gear_5
/button 13 gear_6
/button 14 reverse

/shifter shifter
/autoclutch 0

/echo Shiftmode: H-Gate
sequential.lfs
/button 9 shift_up
/button 8 shift_down

/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 0

/echo Shiftmode: Sequential
paddle.lfs
/button 4 shift_up
/button 5 shift_down

/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 1

/echo Shiftmode: Paddles

Sorry for epic post.

Thanks a lot that really helped
Although having to use scripts for this is a bit too much IMO, the feature for multiple keys is still preferred.
#5 - G!NhO
No, ask Nipper that you can do pretty much everything with lfs scripts, so multiple keys is a useless addition.
Quote from RasmusL :Thanks a lot that really helped
Although having to use scripts for this is a bit too much IMO, the feature for multiple keys is still preferred.

Multiple keys would be nice, but for now, scripts can take care of it.

If you want, I can write you the scripts that will auto-run when you select the car. (Should your wheel not be a G25, in which case, the above works fine.)
The above works perfectly, I do have a G25 I'm very happy with how it works, I can even edit which type of gearbox the cars have just by editing their script
#8 - G!NhO
you can also bind it to keys, i have it set like when i press Ctrl + F1 (to F5) i set it to sequential, paddle, H shift 4 gears, H shift 5 gears and H shift 6 gears.
Can someone please tell me how to bind both button 4 and 5 to act as handbrake? I tried some scripts but nothing seems to work, pls help!
Easiest way is to use JoytoKey program (google it)

Set up button 4 to be handbrake and another keyboard key like "s" as the handbrake as well. Then use JoytoKey to send "s" when the button 5 is pressed.

Advanced....
You could maybe do it with scripts. Assign butt4 as handbrake and the butt5 as a script, a script that swaps the two button functions. So when you press butt5, butt4 is changed to the call script and butt5 becomes the handbrake. I haven't tested a script, but you MAY have to tap the button to make the function swap each time, dunno mate.

edit: trying to make this work ATM
edit: almost there
edit: YES it works a treat... pls wait 5 mins for upload
Unzip these two scripts to you scripts folder

Then assign Ctrl_F12 to use button 4 and also bind the command /run pressed4 like in this picture.

Then press buttons 4 and 5 a few times to make it assign the handbrake to the correct button.

I've tested this and it works. You do not have to tap the buttton to get it to switch, it worked better than I thought it would.
Attached images
Ctrl_f12.JPG
Attached files
pressed4_5_handbrake_swap.zip - 462 B - 138 views
Thanks man, works flawlessly! i only modified the script to use F8, because i got hazard lights assinged as Ctrlf 12.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG