The online racing simulator
Replay in Multi player..?
(8 posts, started )
Hi , I try to record in multi player , pressing 2 ( name etc...) and every time I go to see my replay I can only see 15 / 20 second of record time....Is there a setting on how long I can record.?? Is it set automaticly ?? On rare occasion I got the full race ....
Please help me..........

Marty...............
#2 - pik_d
When are you pressing 2? Are you pressing 2 at the beginning of the race in order to record the whole thing? What actually happens is that everthing from the start of the session (or whenever you joined) up until when you press 2 is actually recorded. Anything that happens afterwards isn't recorded. This means that you want to press 2 and save it at the end of the session/race.

If you set up LFS to save mpr replays automatically you'll get the entire session every time, though your /mpr/ folder will get very large. Mine is 1.5GB from about half a years worth of races.
This was happening to me when i had the partition where i got LFS installed full.
Make sure the disk has some free space, like 1 Gb. to make it work fine.
That solved it in my case
#4 - oli17
i think when you go to replay there's a countdown timer in the top right of the screen, does that tell you how much recording time you have left?
IIRC by default in the top right of the screen is displayed the current time from the start of the lap (for the player you are veiwing) and in the top left the FPS. its all configurable in the options.

I have a reasonable size HDD on my gaming PC and have always set recording replays to auto.

Good luck.

SD.
Quote from oli17 :i think when you go to replay there's a countdown timer in the top right of the screen, does that tell you how much recording time you have left?

No, That's the lap timer and is nothing to do with replay timer.

The replay will show elapsed time inside the replay at the bottom when you mouse over the bottom area of the screen inside a replay. The elapsed time or current point in replay) is displayed in the BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER.

The replay starts recording whenever a race restarts or you join a session. The recording will stop when you press "2" and type a filename and save it. You don't need to press "2" to start a recording =)

The length of the replay depends only on the amount of HDD space you have. Although if you run outta HDD space your PC is gonna grind to a halt anyway. I've recorded replays up to and over 5 hours long. The length of those massive replays are still small at around 30-100MB in size.
Thanks a lot..................I'll try it............Finaly if it's on auto-record you just want to press 2 to name your race ?? What if it's not on auto-record ? It want record just if I don't press 2 ?

Thanks for all your help................see you on track..........
Thanks..............disregard my first reply , you did answer my question.....

Have fun...................

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG