The online racing simulator
Clutch in while holding shifter button -- bring it back!
Hey does anyone else miss the feature from before 0.5S where the clutch would be held in if you held down either of your shifter buttons (sequential shift mode)?

I used to use this all the time for recovering from spins (neutral to allow the car to roll backwards) and it was helpful at other times too.

It would be cool if we could have an option to have that function on or off, in case anyone prefers the new behaviour... what do you guys think?
i prefer it off, but i do see your point about having it.

Would be nice to have the option.
used to annoy me occasionally as when i changed gear i would sometimes hold it in for a split second causing the clutch to engage and losing me a small amount of time.
Quote from Merc68k :It would be cool if we could have an option to have that function on or off, in case anyone prefers the new behaviour... what do you guys think?

I understand the reasons why Scawen took it out (which he detailed in another topic, and make sense in light of the BF1), but I do miss it. I'm guessing most racers don't have a clutch pedal, and there's certainly times when I've wanted to dip the clutch to build the revs or boost and control a spin; but hitting a button on the wheel in the middle of a small crisis is a whole lot less likely than holding a paddle down. It's not a big issue, the moral of the story is not to spin. But it'd be nice to see it as an option.
You can assign a wheel button to the clutch, and use it even if you have autoclutch in options.
Yeah, that would work, it's not quite as easy as just holding a paddle down, at least with the way my buttons are laid out.
#7 - herki
I liked the clutch-holding-down feature the time, when I drove without manual clutch, exactly because of the spin-recovery, but i see the point of the people who want it off. So this could really be an option for driving aids
I also liked this feature, i used to use it a lot when doing rally X in the RB4, changing down to 2nd or 1st for a hairpin, and then releasing it slightly early and get the back end out. I can understand that its better for the racing cars now, but i would still like to use this feature with the road cars .... isn't it possible to have it as an option ?
I have the clutch assigned to the X button on my Driving Force wheel, and it works fine for me as my thumb usually rests near that button when I drive
I mainly use the clutch to build up revs and powerslide my way out of nasty understeer situations (works about 2 out of 10 times...haha)
miss it alot, please make it an option
i miss it, too. I would like to have it as an option, too.
Quote from Merc68k :Hey does anyone else miss the feature from before 0.5S where the clutch would be held in if you held down either of your shifter buttons (sequential shift mode)?

I used to use this all the time for recovering from spins (neutral to allow the car to roll backwards) and it was helpful at other times too.

It would be cool if we could have an option to have that function on or off, in case anyone prefers the new behaviour... what do you guys think?

Apparently, according to the "U" update, that was a glitch??
Quote from sil3ntwar :used to annoy me occasionally as when i changed gear i would sometimes hold it in for a split second causing the clutch to engage and losing me a small amount of time.

Or even worse, breaking the rear tires loose and sending you into a spin!
I was going to create another thread about this but noticed this one. I desperately want this feature returned. It jsut feels too artificial without it. An option in the menu would be perfect as it will keep everyone happy. I poiinted this feature out to my brother as i was playing it, and he was impressed that it had it aswell. PLEASE BRING IT BACK
I also miss this feature a lot.
I now have mapped a button on my wheel to do it, but it's hard to push that button AND change the gear at the same time...
It was very useful for rally too because it was an easy way to clutch while holding the handbrake and downshifting at the same time.

I miss it more when playing with keyboard (I use kb sometimes when I'm tired and don't want the noise and violence of my wheel...)

yes, please add an option!
Yeah, I agree this would be a handy feature. Having a full three pedal set-up would be better still though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG