The online racing simulator
LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
Quote :Today, what does interest players? The cruise, and yes, nothing else. Every new S2 player is only attracted by the cruise and it's the consequence of the carelessness of the developers.

oh please... :rolleyes:
Oh boy... there is one Cruise server dead.

Oh lookie, there are already more servers out there for cruisers! Looks like we ain't gonna have to opt for racing now.
Bye bye, Liberty Cruise! *puts "RIP [Lc] back on his numberplate*
Quote from swisscosmo :why does it happen to me when i get good in a server they always quit.

Diddo swiss. I just got FXR and 3k km... and had some close friends who were members (kim, dave and few tohers, efsa)

Any ways my server
[LLM]TeamServer
currently has acruise insim and the lyt is still being built feel free to check it out
I really do lol at alot of you 'cruise haters', alot of these comments are completely pathetic to say the least....

Just because we do something different to others, doesnt give you a valid reason to hurl abuse, we still count as members of the LFS Community.
I don't Know LC and posting this here was probably a mistake, but the reply's that followed are very telling of where were at after 6 years of LFS.
Quote from TurboBlaster :Cruise Servers? I hate them. The people are unfriendly and the Admins kick your ass.

Admins only "kick your ass" if your to damn stuck up to actually take note of crusie server rules.

Quote from Robbo01 :hmm i can't really be botherd to read all of that website so can someone just tell me why its closing?

Pure ignorance.

What's wrong with cruise servers...we have all paid the same £24 to buy LFS S2, and we all have as much fun out of it as you do. Just because we have a different interest to you, and you are too ignorant and short sighted to see that, doesn't mean that we should have our servers "shut down". Also, just because we choose to cruise, how does that make us worse drivers....? Not all skill is proved by speed.

Are racers so stuck up that you cannot just let us have our own fun, in our own way? If you don't like cruising, then don't come on cruise servers. The reason admins "kick your ass" is probably because they have seen enough racers who come on and abuse them and their server tbh.
Even if you hate cruise server,try to read the whole thing because some thing are really true in that story(and not cruise related only).Also,take a look at the project he was doing..some of them were awesome.

Oh yeah,since LC started again,we could already buy the VWS....looks like no one will ever drive it on LC
#34 - 5haz
Quote from RacerAsh3 :I really do lol at alot of you 'cruise haters', alot of these comments are completely pathetic to say the least....

Just because we do something different to others, doesnt give you a valid reason to hurl abuse, we still count as members of the LFS Community.

Grow some bloody skin.

And yeah my experience of cruise servers is that everything is taken far too seriously, I know its bad to make sweeping generalisations, but it really is the same for every cruise server I've been on.

Do these 'cops' feel oppressed/bullied in real life, and feel the need to exersice draconian authority over people via the relative secuirity of the virtual world?

Quote from Nobody92 :who're writing here to make their E-penis bigger, with telling that cruisers shouldnt play this game.

Har har, by the looks of things the stuff I'm writing isn't going to make me any more popular, hardly E-penis enlarging.

And I didn't even make any references to nazis!
Quote from TurboBlaster :Cruise Servers? I hate them. The people are unfriendly and the Admins kick your ass.

Looks like that you didnt tried correct servers then, or do admins have a good reason/s to "kick your ass".

Anyway, i am a cruiser myself also and i certainly will not lose even single minute of my life, for trying to understand why some of you are sucha cruise haters. If you dont like it, take a few deep breaths before trying to write post full of flaming or post where you're trying to tell that cruisers doesnt have a right to use their LFS license as they want to.
Anyway, shame that LC closed becouse of cruise haters (or whatever was the reason, i cant be bothered with reading all this stuff for nothing, i just saw post where JO53PHS shortly told what was the reason). They needed to run even more servers, that they shown, that they dont care about people, who're writing here to make their E-penis bigger, with telling that cruisers shouldnt play this game.

/me hides under his bed in expecting of being flamed:bananadea .

Anyway, regards from a cruiser Nobody .
#36 - 5haz
Nobody has said that people who frequent cruise servers should not have a license, what people have said is that the admins/cops on cruise servers are incredibly strict and seem to take the whole business so seriously, beyond the point of having fun, as if they are the big sherriff of LFS land. The way they talk to new members who don't know the ropes sometimes makes me chuckle, therefore cruise servers apear to have an unfriendly atmosphere, I'm sure its not the same if you're 'in with the crowd'.

At this point in this post most people would make an accusations of you lot being 'fanboys', I wont however because the word annoys me to me back teeth, regardless of who it's used against.
Quote from 5haz :Nobody has said that people who frequent cruise ...what people have said is that the admins/cops on cruise servers are incredibly strict and seem to take the whole business so seriously, beyond the point of having fun, as if they are the big sherriff of LFS land. The way they talk to new members who don't know the ropes sometimes makes me chuckle, therefore cruise servers apear to have an unfriendly atmosphere, I'm sure its not the same if you're 'in with the crowd'.

Well, i have to say that i dont know about what are you talking... I am playing on a [TC] servers from when i got a license (and now it's quite a lot of time from when i got it) and i have to say that i didnt saw anyone with having bad attitude or being disrespectful, without taking an consequence.
If you think that people/admins are too serious, when someone comes online and start with swearing, having an bad attitude and trying to be a king, becouse he's maybe a racer or whatever, you're wrong. I dont know a person who would like to read swearing and flaming all over the chat all the time. Specialy "younger" players, who dont need to learn those "beautiful" words from a game.
Otherwise, if you think about chases being intiated for breaking a "law" or taking an consequence after causing a several crashes or whatever, that's what cruise/cops'n'robbers server is. If you came there, that you will cry after being fined for breaking a "law" and if that's why you think that people/cops/admins/whatever are harsh, cruising is not for you.
I already saw someone trying to tell me, after he was chased, that he's just trying to relax and that we all "cops" are stupid, becouse we dont understand what a fun is. But hey, get yourself to the racing server then... If you connected to the cruising/cops'n'robbers server, you probably know what you're coming in.
Quote from 5haz :Nobody has said that people who frequent cruise servers should not have a license, what people have said is that the admins/cops on cruise servers are incredibly strict and seem to take the whole business so seriously, beyond the point of having fun, as if they are the big sherriff of LFS land. The way they talk to new members who don't know the ropes sometimes makes me chuckle, therefore cruise servers apear to have an unfriendly atmosphere, I'm sure its not the same if you're 'in with the crowd'.

At this point in this post most people would make an accusations of you lot being 'fanboys', I wont however because the word annoys me to me back teeth, regardless of who it's used against.

Yup, I would occasionally go on LTC and CLC a few years back and found that to be the exact problem. It's without saying I never really bothered with them since.
#39 - 5haz
Quote from Nobody92 :Well, i have to say that i dont know about what are you talking...I am playing on a [TC] servers from when i got a license (and now it's quite a lot of time from when i got it) and i have to say that i didnt saw anyone with having bad attitude or being disrespectful, without taking an consequence.
If you think that people/admins are too serious, when someone comes online and start with swearing, having an bad attitude and trying to be a king, becouse he's maybe a racer or whatever, you're wrong. I dont know a person who would like to read swearing and flaming all over the chat all the time. Specialy "younger" players, who dont need to learn those "beautiful" words from a game.

Ironic that you are complaining about people 'stereotyping' cruisers, yet using stereotypes about racers...

and kings.

Do not use my online racing behavior as an example for everyone other 'racer' boiiis.

Quote from Nobody92 :Otherwise, if you think about chases being intiated for breaking a "law" or taking an consequence after causing a several crashes or whatever, that's what cruise/cops'n'robbers server is. If you came there, that you will cry after being fined for breaking a "law" and if that's why you think that people/cops/admins/whatever are harsh,

Well, after a while on a cruiser server, breaking the law becomes the only fun to be had, especially if it invovles a car chase around pit garages in a UF1 until the cops get bored/lose and just ban you anyway (not very sporting!).

It just makes me laugh when someone new comes on a server and within a few minutes a cop is typing to them in multi coloured caps (colourful language in a literal sense eh?), threatening them with a ban for following a car 1 metre too closely (the last time I went on a cruise server, a cop actually brake tested me, causing an accident because I was 'following too closely', to be honest it was his fault for driving too bloody slow).

Cops seem to be seriously devoid of a sense of humour too, any teasing can result in a serious ban, this is on most servers. Paranoia, insecurity perhaps? [/armchair psycologist]

Quote from Nobody92 :cruising is not for you.

Yeah, is there a problem sir?

Quote from Nobody92 :I already saw someone trying to tell me, after he was chased, that he's just trying to relax and that we all "cops" are stupid, becouse we dont understand what a fun is. But hey, get yourself to the racing server then... If you connected to the cruising/cops'n'robbers server, you probably know what you're coming in.

Yeah I think you're right, perhaps we should leave cruise servers to those who feel the need to satisfy their megalomaniac urges and feel the need to talk down to people from atop their high horses.

I am not saying that anyone who cruises does not deserve a license, I'm just saying that they're a bloomin odd lot sometimes.
#40 - Jakg
Quote from Bmxtwins :
[LLM]TeamServer
currently has acruise insim and the lyt is still being built feel free to check it out

Oh god here we go again.

I have to ask what posses you to make ANOTHER server? There are already other servers doing the exact same thing as your doing :X

It just seems lie everyone wants to be the big showoff with infinite money and all the cars :/
Quote from CobraDrifter :Even if you hate cruise server,try to read the whole thing because some thing are really true in that story

I don't think theres a single part of that statement in the OP that I agree with...

It started off to make a football match - which has already been done in LFS using InSim.

English only on most servers, and getting banned if you don't follow this - Actually only seen this on one or two servers, and as the largest amount of LFS players are German i'd say he's yet again talking shit.

The fact that LFS Forum members are immature because they complained the resale of drugs was part of a cruise mod for a RACING GAME - no explanation needed.

"Besides, at this moment the development of LFS took a arcade evolution" - ?

And then finally, the cherry on top:

"Today, what does interest players? The cruise, and yes, nothing else. Every new S2 player is only attracted by the cruise and it's the consequence of the carelessness of the developers."

If you don't like the attitude on the forums - don't come here. It's a place for, well, discussion - if thats not what you want don't come here and read.

I still don't actually understand why LFS needed yet *another* cruise server, anyway...
sounds a lot like some cheese is missing here.... for all that whining
#42 - pipa
Quote from 5haz :Nobody has said that people who frequent cruise servers should not have a license, what people have said is that the admins/cops on cruise servers are incredibly strict and seem to take the whole business so seriously, beyond the point of having fun, as if they are the big sherriff of LFS land. The way they talk to new members who don't know the ropes sometimes makes me chuckle, therefore cruise servers apear to have an unfriendly atmosphere, I'm sure its not the same if you're 'in with the crowd'.

What wonders me is how you are able to know that? You tell us you hate cruise servers and barely visit them, but you make accusations without a proper explanation or proof of it.
Quote from Jakg :

"Besides, at this moment the development of LFS took a arcade evolution" - ?

I agree...what the hell was that? An arcade evolution?
Quote from swisscosmo :why does it happen to me when i get good in a server they always quit.

LC a good server?
Quote :Ironic that you are complaining about people 'stereotyping' cruisers, yet using stereotypes about racers...

and kings.

Do not use my online racing behavior as an example for everyone other 'racer' boiiis.

Well, if someone came to the cruising server, just to flame people becouse he's a "racer", nobody will listen him probably. I already saw one or two cases like that. Just becouse some people are playing on the cruise/cops'n'robbers server, it doesnt mean that they cant race. There's a lot of drivers with great driving skills there.

Quote :Well, after a while on a cruiser server, breaking the law becomes the only fun to be had, especially if it invovles a car chase around pit garages in a UF1 until the cops get bored/lose and just ban you anyway (not very sporting!).

Well, if you're weaving in and out of the pit garage, you're breaking the server rule. At least on the server where i am playing. Becouse of simple reason... Would you like to exit pit garage thinking that you will do a nice cruise and then get hitted from nowhere by "robber" or/and "cop"? You will probably sey "yes" now, but most of people wouldnt like to, that's why it's in a well explained and detailed server rules. And even there's quite a few warnings procced before you get ban for it.
Anyway, if you got banned becouse cop couldnt chase you, you was playing on the bad server. If i saw single admin abusing his/her rights on any server, i left it imidietly, no matter if it's a racing or cruising server.
Please, dont tell us that it's same on all cruise servers, becouse it's not, belive me.

Quote :It just makes me laugh when someone new comes on a server and within a few minutes a cop is typing to them in multi coloured caps (colourful language in a literal sense eh?), threatening them with a ban for following a car 1 metre too closely (the last time I went on a cruise server, a cop actually brake tested me, causing an accident because I was 'following too closely', to be honest it was his fault for driving too bloody slow).

I'd say same as i said one quote up. If you was banned for tailgating, you probably needed to ignore quite a few warnings to stop before or you was on the bad server where abusers are dominating.

Quote :Cops seem to be seriously devoid of a sense of humour too, any teasing can result in a serious ban, this is on most servers. Paranoia, insecurity perhaps? [/armchair psycologist]

Depends on a server again . I am playing on the [TC] most of time and i plaid on LC and LTC very few times only, so i have to say that i dont know about what sense of humour are you talking.
From what i know, you wont get banned for your sense of humour unless it's rasistic or offensive to others. And even there you was probably warned to stop, before getting a ban.

Quote :Yeah, is there a problem sir?

No.

I just want to tell, that you're probably "hating" cruise/cop'n'robbers servers becouse of bad experience with bad admins involved, but that's not good reason.
ITT: Butthurt cruiserfags try and defend themselves against the masses

/thread
OMG If one of you guys answering those stupid shit had read this document... I am absolutely not involved in anything with Cruise and never was on one of this servers but it ashamed me to read many posts the last year and now I am REALLY disappointed of the stupidness of many people here.
What the hell does it concern to you if many people drive on cruise mod servers in your beloved LFS super realistic racing game. It should be valueless for all minimum intelligent persons.

I know this post isn't friendly and I don't care about your opinion I think it's understandable why this makes my aggressive.
Quote from jonnyv29 :Admins only "kick your ass" if your to damn stuck up to actually take note of crusie server rules.

Or if I want to discuss a fine. Then the cops shout: "Pay or the admin will fine you 1000 €."
I had real good laugh reading what xerxes writed on their site, like drivers and developers are to blame that he is closing server lol. The only reason lc is closing is that lc crew is bunch of noobs who cant hanlde pressure. It happened before and now it happened again. And xerxes pls dont reopen it in 6 months...
Quote :
Well, after a while on a cruiser server, breaking the law becomes the only fun to be had, especially if it invovles a car chase around pit garages in a UF1 until the cops get bored/lose and just ban you anyway (not very sporting!).

I don't know of any cruise server that allows the cops to "ban" users.

Quote :
Cops seem to be seriously devoid of a sense of humour too, any teasing can result in a serious ban, this is on most servers. Paranoia, insecurity perhaps? [/armchair psycologist]

A lot of COP's on cruise serverd , have a sense of humor failure and are very .... greedy.. "Pay or Ban" is usually the average attitude

Also from what i have heard, [Lc] is closing down due to Inactive Admins and Management.

LC is closed for everytime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG