The online racing simulator
plans to upgrade system
(12 posts, started )
plans to upgrade system
hellow all i was planning to upgrade my current system to a higher one
my budget is 500euro

my current rig is:
AMD Sempron 3200+ s939 running @ 2.92ghz ( OC'd)
3GB DDR ram (corsair)
ATi HD2400PRO 512MB DDR2
80GB HDD and 20GB HDD

you can say some pc components that i can upgrade

OR

do you people want a PC for me to cooperate?
it doesn't need a HDD and not a super expensive CPU and Video card,i want to play some games from this generation :P

thanks and greetings from sharukh
I'd link to newegg for the parts, but since you aren't in US i'd think it'd be useless. You can pretty get my exact system for that price, and it runs games great for me, so it'd be hard not to recommend.

Amd Phenom II x3 710.
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4p
Corsair 450vx
Antec 300
GTS 250/9800 gtx+ (same card)
G.Skill 2x2gb DDR2 ram

edit: looked up a Dutch PC parts e-tailer and realized prices are a lot higher with taxes and stuff, so you might have to get cheaper parts. If that system above comes out to be too much, try this one

Amd Athlon x2 7750 Kuma
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
Corsair 400cx
Antec 300
ATI 4770
2gb DDR2 ram
go core2duo, cant go wrong at that price point.
#4 - Fuse5
Quote from anttt69 :go core2duo, cant go wrong at that price point.

If this isnt in fact blatant fanboyism, specify models (and prices if applicable)

core2duos range from 60 to 500 euros round here. depends on the model.
It's up the the OP how much he spends on his computer, i'm just recommending the Intel platform as it gives good bang for the buck.

Depends what other games you play but anything from an e6400 up to an e6700 would be more than powerful enough. Also no need to buy Vista as its slow, XP pro uses less system resources & less ram.
Quote from anttt69 :It's up the the OP how much he spends on his computer, i'm just recommending the Intel platform as it gives good bang for the buck.

Depends what other games you play but anything from an e6400 up to an e6700 would be more than powerful enough. Also no need to buy Vista as its slow, XP pro uses less system resources & less ram.

Elaborate, please. That's like saying no need to buy a baseball glove because it takes time to break in, so use your hand instead.
Quote from MijnWraak :"9:29 AM - 01/29/2007 by Patrick Schmid"Anyways, he might as well get Windows 7 RC for a year then purchase when it releases.

a year? doesnt the trial thingy run out in august?
hi all,
my gf was sleeping by me so i was a few days not on the forum, but i see some great systems.
i will get my new rig soon, if i get my money :P

thanks all
Quote from anbiddulph :a year? doesnt the trial thingy run out in august?

The RC expires in 2010, September IIRC.
Quote from MijnWraak :The RC expires in 2010, September IIRC.

It may expire sometime around then but It will start shutting down every hour sometime In June-July 2010

plans to upgrade system
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG