The online racing simulator
How about a LFS poster? (or several)
If there were a high quality poster available, I'd like to have one copy for my garage and another for my office. I know there are a ton of great artists on this site. Just look at the renders and edited screenshots! So, would anyone be up to the task of making a poster? I'm thinking something that's high quality and around 11"x14" (or larger) at 300dpi. If the file is in the right format we could just take it to Kinkos on a memory card or CD and have it printed in full color for a few bucks. This would be a great way to spread the word about the game and show off the great graphics, tracks, and car models.

I'm not much of an artist, but I think I could give it a shot. Anyone else up to the challenge?
Nice idea.
Yea great idea.. Maybe i could do one, if i find time.. maybe in my night shift.. I'll see..
someone call ORION please.
-
(ayrton senna 87) DELETED by ayrton senna 87
I did 1 for my animation class last november, i think it was around nov. The original file is 11" X 17", getting it printed next week along with a poster for some of the 3d models Ive done.
Attached images
LFS Postersml.jpg
Regular printer paper is 8.5" x 11"

You all do the math

Edit- Hello Strahd!!!
One A4 sized piece of printed paper won't make for a spectacular poster, we need a wide format digital inket bed, 4 ft by 6 ft!
Hey neat poster Strahd.
Uh to get a tabloid size print from a place like Kinko's isn't very cheap...
to get something bigger like i dunno 12" x 18" is even more so and anything bigger is just plain ridiculous in price.

And to be honest 11" x 14" can be done just as good on a home printer with the right paper... like the glossy photo stuff.

LOL you really don't wanna go to kinko's if you don't have to.

@ Al... LOL a flex face with full color copy streched over an illuminated
frame and stuck on a pole about 4 or 5 meters into the air?
The ones that the school is getting printed for us are 12"X18", thats the size of the one with my models and animation characters, dunno if Im gonna try an resize the LFS one or just cut off the edges. The school only has to pay $2 each for semi-gloss 12"X18" posters, instructor knows the guy and were gettin a bunch done(3 for each student) so I guess that helps the price, im gonna see how much high gloss 1`s are an get those if I can, the frames are what Im worried about.
If something is done in large format, it can easily be reduced. Vice versa is not possible. However; I don't think most people have the system required to produce a high quality graphic at full poster size resolutions.

3' x 12 in/foot = 36 in.
4' x 12 in/foot = 48 in.
36 in x 300dpi = 10,800 pixels
48 in x 300dpi = 14,400 pixels
10,800 * 14,400 = 155,520,000 total pixels
155,520,000 * 16bpp = 2,488,320,000 bits.
2,488,320,000 bits = 296.63 MB

That's almost 300MB for only a 3'x4' image. That's at 16bpp (not 32 like most would prefer) and for only a single layer. Multiple layers, higher bit rate, etc would all add to this.

It would be GREAT if we could have some retail quality submissions that were large format, but I don't think it's realistic to expect this from people working on their home computers during their free time.
Quote from Racer Y :Hey neat poster Strahd.
Uh to get a tabloid size print from a place like Kinko's isn't very cheap...
to get something bigger like i dunno 12" x 18" is even more so and anything bigger is just plain ridiculous in price.

Actually, it's not that expensive, really. I had several overalys made for my arcade cabinet and they were quite large. I don't remember the exact measurements, but i'd guesstimate around 3.5' wide by 2' high. Full color on thick matte photo paper, then laminated. It cost me about $30 or so, but considering the paper, the lamination, and the size, i'd say that's reasonable. If we had one or two posters that the whole community REALLY liked, maybe we could have multiple copies printed to bring down the cost.
If someone are up for this I think it would be best with one large picture with the LFS text and the adress to the website. With more than that it would look like a LFS banner if you get what I mean.
Quote from MyBoss :If someone are up for this I think it would be best with one large picture with the LFS text and the adress to the website. With more than that it would look like a LFS banner if you get what I mean.

I agree. I'de con my parents into letting me buy one
I'm guessing some of this money will be going to the devs?
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... mi_Projectd/lfsposter.jpg

excuse the number plate, i got half way through it before realising. but you get the idea

i like it
although you should make some lights on the track or something.. kinda odd to see the track lit up a bit
but overall it looks really nice!
#16 - JJ72
That's more like a postcard then a poster. For a poster the logo is probably too subtle and too small.

Graphic isn't particularly the strong point of LFS, so using a direct screenshot seems to be quite risky, when you consider it to be placed next to the post of say GTR.

While the number of developers might not really be an attraction to people who is new to sim racing, or gaming in general.

I think it's better to cultivate the concept from the root of what makes this sim special, the number of developers doesn't matter to the players, however the having such a small organization does bring some benefits - and what are those benefits.....you gonna figure that out yourself I guess.
If we are talking about the 1 and only (or 1 of a few) LFS posters, I dont' like the idea of night race, which is not available in the game (yet).

Other than that, I really love this picture, can imagine it as being pretty wanted poster in any games store
I like it to, but I don't like that the setting is in the night. And It should be higher than its with.
Ok, here's one Poster from me... It's simple, because i like it that way.. It took some time to express my idea, but it wasn't hard to do, after that.. Hope you guys like it...

Here's the preview, and the link for full size, http://rapidshare.de/files/474 ... oris__LFS_poster.tif.html (TIFF format 11" x 14", 300 DPI.. CMYK, 12 mb)...

p.s. Instructions for download, click "free" in the bottom of the screen, and then wait for the countdown to finish(at the bottom), and then click "download Boris, Lfs Poster"...
Attached images
Boris, LFS poster preview.jpg
Hah great, love the clear and bold idea expression there!
Thanks..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Ok, here's one Poster from me... It's simple, because i like it that way.. It took some time to express my idea, but it wasn't hard to do, after that.. Hope you guys like it...

Here's the preview, and the link for full size, http://rapidshare.de/files/474 ... oris__LFS_poster.tif.html (TIFF format 11" x 14", 300 DPI.. CMYK, 12 mb)...

p.s. Instructions for download, click "free" in the bottom of the screen, and then wait for the countdown to finish(at the bottom), and then click "download Boris, Lfs Poster"...

What great work, very, very impressive! Characterises LFS perfectly.
Quote from Chris_Kerry :What great work, very, very impressive! Characterises LFS perfectly.

Well, thanks.. Maybe, for those who don't know what LFS is, may be a bit confusing... but, racing helmet, car keys.. they will get the point..
Quote from L(Oo)ney :I want this made into an LFS poster..

Nice big LFS logo on it, and some text at the bottom reading "God made both - But the one on the left is better.."

http://www.zt-racing.com/franknaggies/gallery/pics/FZ50R.jpg

errrmmm....... are you sure ? ...dont get me wrong..i love LFS....but...eheh :icon23:

:spider:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG