The online racing simulator
#1 - Mr C
Momo Force keeps losing FF/ freezing
Hi

My red momo has been inactive the past couple of years or so as I've had other commitments which prevented me from gaming. A couple of weeks ago, I installed patch S over my old S2 installation and for the first week or so had no probs whatsoever. However, recently I am finding that after 3-5 laps of use, the wheel loses FF and occasionally also freezes as well (i.e. wheel stays stuck on the screen in one position). When the wheel loses FF, I can sometimes regain it by briefly lifting off the accellerator pedal, but this doesn't always work - I often have to return to the pits in order to get FF back. The problem exists both on-line and off-line .

I don't use the wingman profiller, but have tried uninstalling the existing wingman software and reinstalling v4.6, and also tried a clean install of the lastest LFS (version T) - all to no effect. Anybody know why my momo keeps doing this?
#2 - Mr C
Anybody have any ideas what is causing this? I hate to be impatient but I was planning on playing LFS this bank holiday weekend and was hoping it was something that easily be fixed...
#3 - P1lot
Hi Mr C, long time no see
I found that Logitech profiler would occassionally forget my MOMO racing was connected, with loss of programmed buttons etc.
I solved that by setting 'Apply persistant profile' under 'Options' 'Global profiler settings'
Try that
#4 - Mr C
Hi P1lot

Yep, long time no drive unfortunately . Have a lot of good memories of racing (well, trying to keep up) with you and the others at Hoffmans server/ Boomerang Rapido (rip?). Hope to get back into LFS asap (momo permitting), but can see from your stats on lfs world you are quite a bit quicker than me...

Thanks for your help, will try your suggestion later on and will report back

Cheers
Mr C

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG