The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :Erm, taken out within 2 seconds of the race start, that sets a new personal record!

Please show patience further next session. Simply "tossing your toys out of the pram" after being taken out is NOT a good showing. Remember, the race is long, and not over if you're taken out. Showing restraint, patience, and not spectating after being taken out, especially early in the race, will do you well. Remember, there'll be chances for you to get a lap back if you play your cards right, or simply get lucky. Find someone to work with, and work your way back through. Can't win it if you don't exercise those traits of restraint, patience.
Please, why are you not keeping a steady pace under SC? It should be about 150 km/h +- 10. But it's always 100 or 200km/h. That's why deko has always had to shout at me "close the gap" I'm really trying to do it always steady I'm not happy bout this session, again. Not because the way I ended up but because the field's oval skill is not impoving.

Here is my cool finish
Attached images
Ag_dead.jpg
We`re making progress!
Very good practice race for me, finished 9th (my highest was 7th).
Managed to avoid big collision at the end.
This time I had very bad restarts, need to think about that and also about drafting which was not very good. There was a couple of cars trying to do the draft with me, but either my set is not good or I`m not fully ready for it. When it comes to drafting, I think that rules at FM should be applied here. There was some chaotic overtaking from both sides tonight, and I`m sure that was the cause of the accidents.

I agree with Agarash about the pace under SC, we should really try to keep a constant speed.
I was bumped under one of SC periods, and in the other I needed to brake and leave the field so I don`t hit the car in front, and that costed me a couple of positions.

Sorry for side contacts I`ve made a few times, but it was so tight around me.

Thanks for good race!
#29 - 5haz
Quote from dekojester :Remember, the race is long,

Not for me it 'aint

Quote from dekojester :NOT a good showing.

We don't get much chance to make a good showing, in my case, I got around 2 seconds.

Quote from dekojester :Can't win it if you don't exercise those traits of restraint, patience.

Maan, sorry but as a mere mortal, I only have so much patience, and In the first few sessions, I did carry on, only to be taken out yet again, and again, twice under the safety car in one such session. So I conclude that carrying on is rather futile.

Oh well, just read last week's thread, same old rant still, with hindsight, I don't regret a single thing I said.
HEY MOM! I'M IN THE PIC!

but Agarsh is quite right...
i was trying to leave gap from the car in front of me and the guy behind was always hiting me... one time i try to close gap and the guy behind hit me strong i couldn't avoid hiting and screwing the front car's race!

and the guys keep overtaking during yellows!!!!
Quote from fermevc :When it comes to drafting, I think that rules at FM should be applied here. There was some chaotic overtaking from both sides tonight, and I`m sure that was the cause of the accidents.

Well, you know what I'm going to say here. ALWAYS pass to the left... (unless you have no other choice). Passing another car on the right is extremely risky and in most cases, will not get you anywhere. Actually, you'll slow everyone down most of the time.

Quote from dekojester :Please show patience further next session. Simply "tossing your toys out of the pram" after being taken out is NOT a good showing. Remember, the race is long, and not over if you're taken out. Showing restraint, patience, and not spectating after being taken out, especially early in the race, will do you well. Remember, there'll be chances for you to get a lap back if you play your cards right, or simply get lucky. Find someone to work with, and work your way back through. Can't win it if you don't exercise those traits of restraint, patience.

Well said...

At the start of the race, (when the green flys) the 3 row formation should stay nearly the same after you pass Turn 1. In other words, STAY IN YOUR LANE even if you have to lift the throttle....

I can't say it enough.... patience! 270 laps is a long way and you NEVER, EVER win on the first lap.
:smash3d: i got owned by the ban hammer for lag
ffs good thing there arent' left AND right turns.

#1 rule in oval racing: situational awareness.
I was hit by a car overtaking me under S/C, i slowed down and then i got side swiped into the wall and my car bent upward from the rear so my wheels didn't touch the ground.

Edit: This was session 9

this session i did allright.
Quote from z-ro 8 :ffs good thing there arent' left AND right turns.

Now that would be an interesting day
Quote from z-ro 8 :ffs good thing there arent' left AND right turns.
#1 rule in oval racing: situational awareness.

Quote from z-ro 8 :#1 rule in oval racing: situational awareness.

I can't make this big enough. :P This is the key, along with patience.

And here's a ZOMG moment. Replays AND results put in the OP...well, at least Race Results. LFSStats is being a b1tch with this session's qualifying, so I'll try and make those work soon.

d
I actually wish i had of ran quli fuel instead of race fuel so that if i had of timed out i would of done it from a good position lol, instead of aiming for the back row but getting to the second last row somehow.
Quote from 5haz :
Oh well, just read last week's thread, same old rant still, with hindsight, I don't regret a single thing I said.

... you're just being annoying. Last night you got taken out because arox was an idiot and turned straight onto brandon after the start. If that makes you compelled to forget your brain in the hatstand, then frankly why do you bother showing up at all? I can't remember when someone has been bugging me and the other organisers as much as you have.

If an accident isn't your fault you can't do anything about it. It's just being unlucky. But please, you're not suppoosed to spec, nor to tell everyone in-game how upset you are. RTFM.
#40 - 5haz
Quote from hyntty :... you're just being annoying.

Annoying, or just speaking the truth?

Quote from hyntty :why do you bother showing up at all?

Good question.

My problem is that little seems to be done to prevent idiotic driving, warnings are all very well, but it's clear people like Arox don't listen to warnings. Those who are incapable of controlling their car even under the safety car should be shown the door, I don't think its too unreasonable just to want to be fairly safe from having your race ruined, especially under the safety car.

Its all very well you admin lot saying "car xx will be investigated after the race" but the most more or less anyone has ever got is a warning, shoving your head in the sand and pretending that everything is fine is not what good admins who organise and manage half decent events do.

Quote from hyntty :If an accident isn't your fault you can't do anything about it. It's just being unlucky.

When it happens 4 times in a row, and several times in one race, thats not just bad luck, thats just ridiculous

Quote from hyntty :I can't remember when someone has been bugging me and the other organisers as much as you have.

That would be because unlike others I speak up against what is shit, instead of allowing it to continue. You need to sort your little event out mate, 'cos at the moment its all a bit laughable, a few accidents here and there are inevitable. But so far in the 500 practises there has been on average about 5 green flag laps out of 50 odd racing laps, and accidents frequently happen under the safety car, this really isn't acceptable for a major event.

I have seen far better racing on demo servers.

Fear not, I'm not going to be entering but to save others a lot of wasted time and bother, I bug you because I think you really should sort it out.
#41 - wild
Quote from 5haz :My problem is that little seems to be done to prevent idiotic driving, warnings are all very well, but it's clear people like Arox don't listen to warnings. Those who are incapable of controlling their car even under the safety car should be shown the door, I don't think its too unreasonable just to want to be fairly safe from having your race ruined, especially under the safety car.

People are allowed to have second chances you know?

No it's not unreasonable to have a safe race under caution and in green flag conditions.

It's the practice sessions who really cares? Of course they are going to be accidents. Practice sessions are there for a purpose and that purpose is to simulate conditions in different situations and for the NDR to see if there is any hazardous drivers.

Quote from 5haz :Its all very well you admin lot saying "car xx will be investigated after the race" but the most more or less anyone has ever got is a warning, shoving your head in the sand and pretending that everything is fine is not what good admins who organise and manage half decent events do.

What do you want them to do, Give them an instant Drive-Through? What happens after the race if it turns out it wasn't their fault. What do you do then?

Why not just investigate it after the race? What's going to be lost by it. At least them they can be more thoroughly informed of their mistakes and can learn by them hopefully.

Quote from 5haz :When it happens 4 times in a row, and several times in one race, thats not just bad luck, thats just ridiculous.

Well if it happens 4 times in a row and several times in a race, I'd have a good look at myself to be honest. I doubt that every time you have a crash it's everyone else's fault.

In session 4 if I remember correctly; the incident between us was deemed to be a racing incident. Although I'll be the first to admit it it was both our faults to an extent.

Just a bit of friendly advice for you. Make sure you have enough speed to pass someone and the right timing. If you pass with not enough speed you'll be stuck on the inside for a while. If you make a very late pass with speed you'll screw up the timing of the draft and thus lose time.

Quote from 5haz :That would be because unlike others I speak up against what is shit, instead of allowing it to continue. You need to sort your little event out mate, 'cos at the moment its all a bit laughable, a few accidents here and there are inevitable. But so far in the 500 practises there has been on average about 5 green flag laps out of 50 odd racing laps, and accidents frequently happen under the safety car, this really isn't acceptable for a major event.

Good on you, I agree people should speak up for yourself

As I've said before the aim of the practice sessions is for people to practice racing in all kinds of situations and for the NDR team to evaluate any potential hazardous racers.

What do you expect them to be Oval gods over night? They are entering a race to participate, some of them have never ran the oval before remember!

Are they not allowed to have a chance at running with the rest of the field, do they have to stay behind you to avoid any potential accidents? Let them have a chance for Christ sakes. What's the worst that can happen there's a caution and you have to retire? They can learn from their mistakes ... If they want to.

Quote from 5haz :I have seen far better racing on demo servers.

Your point being? I don't doubt it for a second, there's some bloody fast demo drivers.

Quote from 5haz :Fear not, I'm not going to be entering but to save others a lot of wasted time and bother, I bug you because I think you really should sort it out.

It's your choice at the end of the day to participate or not.
Quote from 5haz :

I have seen far better racing on demo servers.

I don't know if it's me or what, but seems like you are saying that the oval is easy to run or something. And there are great demo races, but there are great oval racers too. We run these sessions so people who race like idiots hopefully learn to draft and run the oval. But fear not, those same people that don't know how to race well, probably won't have a time to make it into the field.
Quote from 5haz :
Fear not, I'm not going to be entering but to save others a lot of wasted time and bother, I bug you because I think you really should sort it out.

after 4 practice sessions, NOT entering would be a waste of time.
if ya keep yer eyes open, you'll find there are ocassional unofficial practices that produce some awesome racing.

mostly with gents that know the best way to keep from getting crashed is to not get yourself in a situation where you can be.

give it a chance. deko and crew spend alot of time that could be used somewhere else.
#44 - 5haz
Quote from wild :What do you expect them to be Oval gods over night? They are entering a race to participate, some of them have never ran the oval before remember!

Are they not allowed to have a chance at running with the rest of the field, do they have to stay behind you to avoid any potential accidents? Let them have a chance for Christ sakes. What's the worst that can happen there's a caution and you have to retire? They can learn from their mistakes ... If they want to.

I at least expect people to be able to follow the car in front at 80mph without having a crash, aparrently thats not possible. I'm able to follow another car under the pace car without hitting them (providing there is no lag), I'm also able put my foot down at the green flag without the need to plough into the nearest car (unlike some people), these are fairly low standards, so I would at least expect them from others.

Quote from Raven88 :I don't know if it's me or what, but seems like you are saying that the oval is easy to run or something. And there are great demo races, but there are great oval racers too. We run these sessions so people who race like idiots hopefully learn to draft and run the oval. But fear not, those same people that don't know how to race well, probably won't have a time to make it into the field.

Erm, I didn't say anything about the oval being easy.

Quote from z-ro 8 :mostly with gents that know the best way to keep from getting crashed is to not get yourself in a situation where you can be.

give it a chance. deko and crew spend alot of time that could be used somewhere else.

I can't help other people's stupidity, out of the 5 or 6 odd accidents I've had, only one has been the result of my mistake.

Ah well, lets see how big this 'approved list' ends up being.
BTW, how much sessions left? I have free time now, so I can now finish my requirements.
Quote from TexasLTU :BTW, how much sessions left? I have free time now, so I can now finish my requirements.

A million approximately.
lol ok

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG