The online racing simulator
lotus.. with a modern twist? why's it got honda logos on it? honda during those the golden race age was red and offwhite (well.. white.. but it always turned out to be offwhite lol)
I think the green is fine, everyone has their own tastes. I mean, everytime I see a a McLaren formula 1 car, I always think it should be in full orange, which is the color they represent. But I guess it is silverish because of Mercedes
Yeah, I guess to be accurate the Lotus skin should have Ford logos in place of Honda ones, as Lotus used Cosworth DFV engines for a long time, starting in '67..apart from that I think it's a cool skin :up:
And +1 for orange McLarens, like the awesome M7 from '69
GPL? Never heard of it ;]
well.. mclarens used to be ford too, when my dad raced ours, (back in those days) dunno about others, but the mclaren formula1 was a ford m30
Well, McLaren used Ford engines, which is slightly different to McLaren being Ford. I think it was 1980 +-1 when they used the M30 engine.
1980 on the dot was when my dad raced the mclaren ford m40
Can we please keep discussions to a mimum on these skin threads? They are meant to be a place where people can browse easily for resources without having to wade through o/t discussions.
Thanks guys!
Has someone created a F1 SkinPack yet?
Gobby is doing the last one and will release the pack when it's finished.
my BF1 skin
(this skin is only for Royal Ownage Member) :huepfenic

thank you Al Heeley for the BF1_Jaguar skin... and thanks for allowing me to change it I LOVE YOU

this skin is a repaint of Al Heeleys original F1 BF1_Jaguar skin and not only my work!!!!!
Attached images
BF1_rO_DrSpeed 99.jpg
clanskin.bmp
Quote from Gobby :The skinpack is coming very shortly

Very nice...you have done an amazing work with those F1 skins. And so fast...Thanks for adding great value to my LFS gaming.
Gobby owns all. Awesome work mate. Great stuff. I'm amazed at how you can get the stuff to such perfection.

On the other hand, I attempted to created the Ferrari F1 (out of scratch). Also my first BF1 skin. Not bad in my opinion. I'm happy, made the Marlboro and the censored version. And there's the exact number of white/red bars on the censored version as the real. yay. lol.

(Sorry for the image quality...)
Attached images
ferrari_6a.jpg
ferrari_6a_n.jpg
ferrari_6b.jpg
ferrari_6b_n.jpg
Quote from XCNuse :lotus.. with a modern twist? why's it got honda logos on it? honda during those the golden race age was red and offwhite (well.. white.. but it always turned out to be offwhite lol)

No, I've just based it on the Lotus colours with a modern twist, as I really like the Lotus colours. Its not really meant to be a Lotus skin. I am tempted to do a more traditional skin though. Its powered by Honda as I am also a fan of Honda.
Here's 3 Non-Tobacco skins I've just finished.
I think these are the only teams that have to change liveries to remove tobacco sponsors.

Knight_Atack: Sorry if it looks like I stole your idea, I've had these in mind for a while

Enjoy!

[Edit] Updated Honda skin, thanks to Knight_Atack for pointing out a little error.
Attached images
preview.jpg
BF1_ferrariNT.jpg
BF1_renaultNT.jpg
BF1_hondaNT.jpg
One for the Scots
Inspired by the Irn Bru taxis...

Feel free to use this but please don't alter it.
Attached images
bf1r-irnbru1.JPG
BF1_IRNBRU.JPG
Quote from typhoonf1 :Inspired by the Irn Bru taxis...

Haha thats brilliant, had me rolling... the shine on the skin is good

Thats pure madjik by the way, so it is min.

i klnow that this is not the place but you should zip that irn Bru skin with this file (of my own creation) still a work in progress. (just stick it in your languages directory. Currently working on a weegie version
Attached files
Scots.txt - 41.3 KB - 665 views

Excellent man! I'll be oan Ba' bru the night.

Anybody done a skin with the Saltire yet?
Here's a fictional skin I worked on lately. It's uploaded and everything, I use it as my personal skin. I want a bawls racing team to pop up sometime
Attached images
Bf1_bawls_preview.jpg
Quote from zorrofox :Anybody done a skin with the Saltire yet?

I did a bunch of skins with saltires and tartan and stuff for the ill-fated LFS Nations Cup Scotland team. They went down pretty well but the team kind of lost interest after racing for three rounds with one racer from the USA and a pair of Belgians.

I might do something new now I have the BF1 to play with.
Heres my take on the traditional British Racing Green livery of BRM and Lotus from the 60s.
Feel free to customise them
Attached images
bf1brgls8ea.jpg
brglordsumbf13he.jpg
Quote from typhoonf1 :I did a bunch of skins with saltires and tartan and stuff for the ill-fated LFS Nations Cup Scotland team. They went down pretty well but the team kind of lost interest after racing for three rounds with one racer from the USA and a pair of Belgians.

I might do something new now I have the BF1 to play with.

Go for it man. I remember a car David Leslie used to run in the BTCC which was a cool blue with the white cross done in a kind of 'wavy' way, if you know what I mean. Are there no Scottish teams in LFS? Surely not?
BF1_Mansell
Here's Mansell's '92 Renault skin adapted for the BF1. 1024 skin here, hi-res version in my garage on Master Skinnerz
Attached images
mansell.jpg
mansell2.jpg
BF1_Mansell_1024.jpg

BF1 Skins
(1662 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG