The online racing simulator
LFS Swedish LAN+STCC Meet, June 2009
I do feel the urge let you all know well in advance that a new meet is scheduled to take place in Gothenburg, Sweden during 5-7 June 2009. On the same weekend a Swedish Touring Car Championship (the Swedish equivalent of BTCC) event is held in the city.

Just like last year's meet (which had about 25 attendees) we are planning to organize a LAN, visit a pub or restaurant and of course check out the STCC races. We might also go karting, if there's time.

Perhaps this year Ben won't be the only non-Swedish/Norwegian LFSer who dares to show up!

Edit: And oh, perhaps this won't help you much but here is Google's translation of the "official" thread over at the Swedish forum.
I am of course, very interested. Last time was great fun
How much are tickets to see the STCC?

I'm interested (as expected) but I need to get a hold on costs as I've plenty of big bills in the run up to summer already.
im interested this time, Although it might end up being a bit of a dodgy time of year for me. (will have to see how the calender unfolds over the next month 1/2) already got a week to sort out in May, and a week in september.

Never actually been anywhere in europe other than Ibeza (when i was 11) and Cyprus a couple of times. so would be a good change.
I suppose I could treat myself with a birthday present in the form of a trip to Sweden. My Swedish is bad tho.
Quote from hyntty :My Swedish is bad tho.

Don't worry, mine is too!

Anyhow I was able to hunt down actual ticket prices for the STCC event.

w/o seat

Friday 190 SEK (~£17)
Saturday 380 SEK (~£33)

w/ seat
Friday 400 SEK (~£35)
Saturday 590 SEK (~£50)

+ "Service fees" (?).

With these prices I, personally, would much rather go karting on the Saturday than spending another day at the STCC event.

Source: http://www.stcc.se/382/
Doesn't STCC practice on Fridays and race on Saturdays though?

(No, I'm unfortunately unable to attend).
Quote from duke_toaster :Doesn't STCC practice on Fridays and race on Saturdays though?

(No, I'm unfortunately unable to attend).

Yes, something like that, along with some junior races. Though I (again, personally) don't really care what class is running. I'm mostly interested in seeing the track. Didn't get the chance to see it last year ...

Here's a preliminary schedule:

Friday
9.00 - 12.00 Test JTCC, Camaro, Porsche, STCC
12.00 - 16.00 Kval JTCC, Camaro, Porsche
16.00 - 17.00 Race JTCC
17.15 - 17.45 Test STCC
18.05 - 19.30 Race Camaro, Porsche

Saturday
9.00 - 11.00 Test och Kval STCC
11.00 - 13.00 Race Camaro, JTCC
13.00 - 14.45 Race STCC, Porsche
15.30 - 16.00 Race 2 STCC
I will most probably be at the STCC event on Saturday. Perhaps I'll meet some of you there
i might be able to get there. Not sure yet tho.
The party has begun although not that many people have arrived yet! Click the userbar below to watch the live stream!
Looks fun.
Cool idea to have it streaming, hopefully Fel can do the same for the UK Kart meet
Quote from jasonmatthews :Cool idea to have it streaming, hopefully Fel can do the same for the UK Kart meet

Most certainly!
#16 - CSF
Quote from jasonmatthews :Cool idea to have it streaming, hopefully Fel can do the same for the UK Kart meet

Who the hell would want to watch you getting drunk???
LOL nice1
btw: lol at finish
Cool feature If I'd known earlier about this I should had came over to drink all of your beer, yammy!:leb:Are you the bearded one Fel who's yelling all the time?
Wish I could be there again but way too skint this time around. Have a great time (again)!
Quote from Tukko :Cool feature If I'd known earlier about this I should had came over to drink all of your beer, yammy!:leb:Are you the bearded one Fel who's yelling all the time?

Yep that's him
Right now we're in the middle of a Race To Win tournament with Road Going setups! Quality stuff! You're all missing out! (Cheers!)

Attached picture ltr: FEL, Holtti.Jr & F. Enersen

Some more random pics here.
Attached images
PICT5577.JPG
I see you made the podium this time Thomas? Grats.

Quote from felplacerad :Some more random pics here.

Link doesn't work for me.
Quote from Bob Smith :I see you made the podium this time Thomas? Grats.

Link doesn't work for me.

Yep I was 2nd! (But I got the fastest lap so I'm still happy!)

The link is right but the server seems to be down ATM. It's not mine though so we'll just have to wait.
How is Mike doing?
Oh he's just fine but busy watching F1.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG