The online racing simulator
Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
Quote from smove :Have you seen this?

The only question is if this one is modeled after the LFS car or the other way around ...

hahahh lol , nice one
#52 - JJ72
I just found a heavy duty diecast model of the UF1, both roof and roofless versions are produced.

product shot
Quote from JJ72 :I just found a heavy duty diecast model of the UF1, both roof and roofless versions are produced.

product shot

Is there also a GTR version? (I'd like to see THAT)
lol goodone
my computer refuses to load the first page...i take it this thread is about what cars look like for real cars?
nope, its about 1:18 scale lfs cars for sale! i would buy all of them ahahahhaaaa!!!
ooo wrong thread for me
+1 Realy good idea, beter than LFS T-Shrts
Hey,

I once spoke with Victor about this, he said they thought about this themselves and contacted some companies.
But this would be way to expensive to do this because there probs won't be enough interest for this.

Kind Regards,

Rocky Live @ the Dutch Paradigit ELE Rally at Helmond!
Quote from ACCAkut :You could ask someone who ownes a CNC machine

Their is a Vid of a "modell" UF1 standing on one desk, but thats just a very good render

I have access to a CNC mill and lathe, I'd be happy to make you a model of any car in LFS for, ohh, say, $1000? That'd just be the shell though, making moving components of things like the bonnet, doors, etc, you'd struggle to do parts that fine on a CNC, unless it was a very large model, which would cost you more
I'm painting a Fiat Punto MK1, it looks like a XFG in a lot of aspects :P

I'll do some comparisions with Virtual Racing skin and the Scaled car when the skin is finished for the OLFSL race in SO4

I show the car via webcam on Messenger if you wanna see the progress
if i get a second corsa or nova for me and my dad to use as a track car im gonna see if i can get it ad-wrapped to look like the ukct skin
Quote from ACCAkut :You could ask someone who ownes a CNC machine

I have a CNC mill, but you need 3d CAD drawings of the car first to make it.
Couldn't you just use the .vob files or something, or ask Eric about sending wireframes and general stuff?
I'd give 50 for just a 1/10th scale lexan shell of the FZR.
Just imagine what I would give for a real one!! God I'd love to have a real FZR... :lovies3d: :wave2:
Quote from piggy501 :Couldn't you just use the .vob files or something, or ask Eric about sending wireframes and general stuff?

I wouldn't know how to use the .vob files, and can wireframes be used as CAD file?
If you look in the '3D renders' section of the forums, lots of people there are using the wireframes to render the cars. Try asking there, I'm sure someone could export one from 3D Max as something you could import as a CAD model.
After some searching I found the right info to be able to make a CAD file of the cars and this is what the FZ5 looks like in SolidWorks.
Attached images
FZ5_CAD.JPG
if you were to making one on a cnc you dont have to use a lump of metal i would use a lump of delrin tbh
Was planning on using a small block of MDF
well yh that would do it lol, it always suprises me that when tlking about cnc everyon seems to think you can only cut metal
how about this for the XFG?

http://www.scalecars.com/1988- ... Way-1-43-IXO-pr-7416.html

a few mods, change the wheels & it wouldn't be far off.

I like the idea & think model car body shells would be the cheapest to produce, plus you can paint them in your colours. 1/18 would be nice.

1/18th RC car
Attached images
1-18th.jpg
I'm involved with the UK Scalextric collectors' assocation, we produce an annual slot car (1/32 scale) with a club livery but as has been mentioned already, the issue is quantities, particularly in the current economic climate. Sometimes we can get away with a minimum order of 500 from some manufacturers but more often than not it's 1000. So you would really need a lot of interest to make 1000 worthwhile, and even then they sell at 30-40 UK pounds. It would certainly be cheapest to put an LFS livery on a previously-modelled car, rather than try and model one anew, using the closest available match. Something I'm looking into at the moment is the possibility of an LFS team livery on something like a Porsche 997 (an existing model), which you could either use as a slot car or take the guide blade out and have it on your desk as a static model. I *think* the only LFS car that already exists as a slot car model is the BMW F1, although there are close matches in LFS with other slot car models like Caterhams, Supras, Astras etc. Otherwise if you want to ask a manufacturer to make a decent model of a car "just for you" that doesn't relate to anything in real life that they could re-use the moulds for in the future, I imagine the costs would be exhorbitant.
ive been speaking to a Spanish manufacturer & its looking quite doable.
I have been quoted 22euro a piece for a slot car sized body of our choice, but chassis & wheels will be extra.

So for around 30 euro a pop we may be able to have our very own models of lfs cars. im wondering if the bodies will fit on existing slot car chassis.
Quote from anttt69 :ive been speaking to a Spanish manufacturer & its looking quite doable.
I have been quoted 22euro a piece for a slot car sized body of our choice, but chassis & wheels will be extra.

So for around 30 euro a pop we may be able to have our very own models of lfs cars. im wondering if the bodies will fit on existing slot car chassis.

I could ask you which manufacter was? I just would like to visit the website :P

Scaled Lfs model cars.
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG