The online racing simulator

Poll : Is it worth buying a Faatec 911 wheel?

Closed since :
Yes it's worth it
No, stay with G25
Depends on your likings
Is it worth buying a Fanatec Porsche Wheel (GT3 RS Clubsport to be exact) ?
Hi guys,
I broke my G25 some days ago and I'm trying to get my hand on a G25 replacement 'til I can afford a new wheel.
As a new wheel I thought a 911 GT3 RS with clubsport pedals would be nice. Unfortunately on the threads about this wheel I couldn't manage to see a clear answer if Yes or No it is an option. Now I want to see if a poll could bring some clarity about the matter.
#2 - G!NhO
I think it will be a very good wheel, especially the pedals!
I'm happy with my turbo wheel for the most part... drivers are still beta... but I'd pick the GT3 RS clubsport over the g25. the clubsport pedals are supposed to be really good. the pedals can be set to vibrate when you lock brakes in rfactor, and the pedal vibration will probably work with other games too. you can also set LED to show different things. the force feedback is better, etc.

there's still no working signed drivers for vista 64-bit, so you have to use DSEO or some other program which isnt hard at all...

if you spend a decent amount of time racing, you won't regret it. If you play PS3/xbox,etc, you may want to check the features of the different fanatec wheels to see which support the consoles too.

I know my turbo wheel works w/ ps2 and ps3, and I think the turbo s works with the 360. I don't know the compatibility for the GT3 RS off the top of my head, but its on the website.

here it is: http://www.fanatec.de/html/pw_overview.htm
If you didn't own the g25, I'd say grab it in a heartbeat. But since you already own a g25, the upgrade is pretty unnecessary, unless money isn't a factor.

edit: just read you broke it . Try fixing it yourself. Then get the fanatec.
Is it worth buying ?. I think it is what youre willing to pay for a wheel ?.
Since you own a G25 you dont mind spending money on a wheel.

Well let summ it up : I have been beta testing the porsche wheel from the get go. Wheel is sturdy, although not metal as the G25. The pedals however are complet steal and look strudy. Havent used or seen them yet in the flesh but from the pics I got from fanatec it looks awesome and well build. Overall the hardware provided by fanatec is well designed and very solid. I have 2 Porsche wheels and havent had anythiong broke or mail funtion. The drivers is a bit different. Its a small company and there trying there upmost best. x64 driver wont work straight out of the box, you need to work around it. The x32 drivers works pretty decent. Dont think youll get a set of drivers and get the knowlegde like you get with Logitech drivers. They still progressing the drivers but in a slow pace. Maybe too slow sometimes, but that is the downside of a relative small factory.

So is it worth too buy the GT3RS with pedals ?. I would say defitnly yes. Buy it, I doubt you would be disappointed. You have to have some patience with drivers. However some driver were released last friday and the x32 drivers are impressive. x64 didnt work just yet, but they will solve that aswell.
Quote from LRB_Aly :Hi guys,
I broke my G25 some days ago and I'm trying to get my hand on a G25 replacement 'til I can afford a new wheel.
As a new wheel I thought a 911 GT3 RS with clubsport pedals would be nice. Unfortunately on the threads about this wheel I couldn't manage to see a clear answer if Yes or No it is an option. Now I want to see if a poll could bring some clarity about the matter.

The first reviews should be out sometime this week. The wheels + pedals are in the mail on their way to the customers in USA. (and possibly in Europe too..?)
interesting poll results, heh
I bougth one but it will arrive in July
Interested in this also...

Deciding on buying this combo... Hope to see some reviewes soon
There's a huge thread about this wheel+pedals on the iRacing forums.. dozens of guys who are anxiously awaiting theirs. But since my subscription expired yesterday I can no longer keep an eye on that thread.

So: if anyone here subscribes to iRacing, maybe they could have a look in the Hardware section of the iRacing boards and paste some of the initial reviews here for us to read? That would be much appreciated!
hope this isn´t offensive but there is other forums you don´t have to pay to participate in like gtplanet.com/forum and hopefully racesimcentral will go back up.

It´s hard to recommend since not until today or perhaps yesterday end users are getting theirs there will be way more impressions being available this week I am sure.

Based on the 911 turbo which is partly a G25 killer. (Pedals not as good) I do kind of expect the GT 3 RS to be the obvious choice. The wheel is essentially the same more fixes to the original design. Alcantera wheel versus the leather one on the 911 turbo. Shifters being the same.

So the wheel and shifters are G25 killers for me already on the 911 turbo. Pedals certainly looks solid and the initial impressions I got so far seem to be just that.

Otherwise as for drivers yes beta and it´s a bit inconvenient on Vista. Also on XP on the old wheel you had to manually recalibrate each time you booted up the computer but that is being more automated on the RS thankfully.

They are quite different though. The Fanatec wheels for me seem to be more serious replicating real feel versus Logitech seem to want to make their wheels as effortless to use with little or no resistance both on wheel, shifters and pedals. The G25 pedals you can easilly nixim brake mod to help with that though and even use Leo Bodnar module to increase the precision. That and slightly better precision in stock is why I preferr them over the old 911 turbo pedals. Though I liked the feel of the fanatec pedals overall. Not as solidly built so if you are going for the GT 3 RS you would probably in the long run preferr to run G25 pedals (yes they are compatible) or the clubsport pedals.
I can only comment on the CSPs...

In short, throttle and clutch work brilliantly, but the very long throw can't be adjusted as the pot stops working because the magnet isn't right next to it anymore... As for the load cell - I haven't got it in a sufficiently working state all evening - I get an effective travel of just 60 steps... For a few moments it seems to get better, then I have to throw a good bit of my body weight to get it over 20%, and sometimes it stop registering load at all, even when I basically stand on it - as it does right now...

Fanatec is working on a new firmware - I hope that redeems those problems...
I heard the next batch of Turbo S wheels got delayed until September. Will this affect the June shipment of the GT3RS too? I hope not..
no it's not

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG