The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :I don't know if spending your entire time under the pace car then getting crashed out by some idiots is your idea of fun, it f*king certainly isn't mine.

And it isn't getting any better is it? Why did I even bother entering?

That's what these practice session are for, to get rid of those who can't drive. I would imagine there will be a couple of drivers from this race who will be repremanded for their driving. But your constant chat during grid setting, and during the races and then leaving saying 'F*** this' does not really show you in a good light. If you knew anything about these events, you'd understand about grid-setting, safety cars and all that stuff. But you ended up having a rage-quit instead. I've been watching, commentating and admining these events for a while, and everyone knows that dekojester is a good admin who gets everything done in his own time.
First to say I`m sorry if I (81) caused some incident (I think not!).
I was so frustrated by the fact that after every crash in front of me I didn`t managed to pass by without damage.
Even worst, was so confused that every time I went to pit for repairs, forgot to turn the pit limit (thanks to RC for clearing one of my penalties).
Finally, I`ve been overlaped, didn`t have anyone to draft with, ....
Hope that when the real thing starts I would have much better luck.
Not quite a happy camper. Got taken out, then my LFS crashed. Will the replay be uploaded?
#29 - 5haz
Quote from Mp3 Astra :That's what these practice session are for, to get rid of those who can't drive.

Really, then why have a been crashed out of every session so far in accidents that were not my fault?

Quote from Mp3 Astra :But your constant chat during grid setting, and during the races

I hardly said anything at all during grid setting, and i chatted in the race because I wanted to know why the f**k i had been slapped with a DT penaulty for circumstances beyond my control.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :and then leaving saying 'F*** this' does not really show you in a good light.

Well, f**k this, I'm not going to say nice things just to make myself look good, if I think its all rather shit, then I will say so.

I don't think me being shown in bad light is much of a problem, I think you should be concerned about the whole Kyoto 500 not being shown in good light, as a 268 lap banger race.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :If you knew anything about these events, you'd understand about grid-setting, safety cars and all that stuff.

Well I'd like to learn, but as I end up getting crashed out of every ****ing race, I don't get much chance, if I have learnt anything, it is that the drving standards in the Kyoto 500 are absolutely ****ing piss poor. That may not be entirely true, but that is what I have seen from the practise sessions I've have wasted my Friday evenings to turn up to.

And what the hell do you mean that I don't understand about grid setting etc? My problem is that the people I've raced against are incapable of driving single file and keeping a steady 80 odd mph without having a completely needless pileup.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :dekojester is a good admin who gets everything done in his own time.

It's not Deko's fault, I never even bloody said it was, its the f**King retards that show up and are incapable of even following another car at below race speed. Are you obsessed with defending the admin or something?

I stuck with it, I kept coming to the practise sessions because I was told things would improve, but they certainly haven't and I'm I only have so much patience before I start swearing at people and leaving.

Have fun, if that is your idea of fun that is. Oh and good luck, because you certainly ****ing need it.
Just calm yourself down. Coming here fuming isn't going to help anyone is it?
I probably should have waited before I posted.

EDIT: Then again, I guess 5haz should have as well

I used to make a point of not posting just after I got screwed over in an event, or if I did, I'd swiftly go back and edit my post and hope nobody notices. Although, in this case, it's probably a little too late. No hard feelings. Unless you want some!
maybe a server available 24/7 set for inexperienced people to practice would help.
best way to learn how to race is to race.
anyone can hotlap, but understanding how to react in race situations is invaluable.
dont be afraid to ask for help, and also dont be so selfish to not offer help.

seems many people dont understand the effects of the closing rate of the fo8. there's no need to be right each others asses. there's planty of time to make up track position with the draft.

the top two finishers of today's race started near the back, and at one point were nearly last.

one word.

patience.
Quote from z-ro 8 :dont be afraid to ask for help, and also dont be so selfish to not offer help.

I Agree... the stupidest question is one NOT asked.

I've been involved in a few events and the thing I noticed the most is the lack of patience. If you don't have patients (esp in 270 laps), you're not going to last (...or you're going to take someone out).
Replays plonked into the OP.

I'll post reactions later. I cba now...tired. :P

d
My race effectively ended before it even started, i was hit from behind before i even passed the Start/finish line!

Then I got hit Agian under the safety car and then got involved in a wreck i couldn't aviod, by the end my clutch was ****ed and my race was over by lap 28, completely fustrating.
oops i failed and i didnt turn up
Quote from 5haz :Really, then why have a been crashed out of every session so far in accidents that were not my fault?

It's called bad luck and Oval Racing.

Anyway, I thought we were going to have the normal stay of several laps behind SC, 1 corner of green flag, more SC, maybe 2 corners green this time, more SC e.t.c...

But actually, towards the end you got your act together, and my my what amazing racing we had towards the end.

I saw 5-wide a couple of times, the people around Rudy and Jack were going 4-wide on S/F, sorting out a bit, 4-wide through T1, sorting, 4-wide through T2 - what a spectacle! Us admins [we have our own channel within a channel] were constantly going "ooohh! and nooo!! and WOW!" and this my friends, this is what the Kyoto 500 is about - keeping us lot on the edge of our seats with 4-wide 190mph racing, constantly changing positions with drafting and what-not.

BTW, kudos to Rudy and a couple of others for holding 180mph epic slides - a lesser man would have caused [yet another] caution

On the subject of cautions, we hate them as much as you do so we do try and keep it green, the only times we'll throw the yellow is when:
  1. A car is upside down
  2. Huge Multi-Car Pile Up
  3. A crash where a large part of the field could be taken out if we don't put the SC out
On the whole, they won't be given for:
  1. Single car crashes [except possibly right at the start of a race]
  2. Cars limping back to the pits that are out of the way
In conclusion - just keep up what you did at the end of the race - was much better than it has been before

EDIT: BTW, who won?
#38 - CSF
Nolan won by 0.04.
Very interested in seeing the replay to this then
#41 - CSF
You see the safety car a lot... I think I did 27 laps / 55? Nuts.
#42 - Ori
Quote from J@tko :..., and my my what amazing racing we had towards the end.

I saw 5-wide a couple of times, the people around Rudy and Jack were going 4-wide on S/F, sorting out a bit, 4-wide through T1, sorting, 4-wide through T2 - what a spectacle! Us admins [we have our own channel within a channel] were constantly going "ooohh! and nooo!! and WOW!" and this my friends, this is what the Kyoto 500 is about - keeping us lot on the edge of our seats with 4-wide 190mph racing, constantly changing positions with drafting and what-not.

that's the best love declaration to oval racing i have read in this forum
Watching the Indy 500 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... eature=player_profilepage) gave me the idea of doing the same thing on the initial start like on race restarts, just in 3 wide. From the looks of things I think Helio already accelerated out of Turn 4 so the field was a bit more spread when green came. I think the closer the speed on green flag is to the normal race speed, the tinier the chances of a pile up are. Watching the replay of this one here, there was again way too much accelerating and breaking in the field just before green was given. And additionally, the field as again much too tied. Anything under 3 car lengths can be fatal. And it really has been here. Watching the end of the race on the replay it was really like Jackson described it :-)
I should really start making it to these things more often:munching_
Quote from J@tko :On the subject of cautions, we hate them as much as you do so we do try and keep it green, the only times we'll throw the yellow is when:
  1. A car is upside down
  2. Huge Multi-Car Pile Up
  3. A crash where a large part of the field could be taken out if we don't put the SC out

...and a large part of these cautions could be avoided if we all learn....
(say it together)...

Patients!
see post #15
Maybe we need to move the starting line back to the other start/finish line. Maybe it will get people spread out a bit more before the bend. But when you get into that Chaos draft in the front it is such a blast to race in.
Quote from 5haz :I don't know if spending your entire time under the pace car then getting crashed out by some idiots is your idea of fun, it f*king certainly isn't mine.

And it isn't getting any better is it? Why did I even bother entering?

Quote from 5haz :Really, then why have a been crashed out of every session so far in accidents that were not my fault?

I hardly said anything at all during grid setting, and i chatted in the race because I wanted to know why the f**k i had been slapped with a DT penaulty for circumstances beyond my control.

Well, f**k this, I'm not going to say nice things just to make myself look good, if I think its all rather shit, then I will say so.

I don't think me being shown in bad light is much of a problem, I think you should be concerned about the whole Kyoto 500 not being shown in good light, as a 268 lap banger race.

Well I'd like to learn, but as I end up getting crashed out of every ****ing race, I don't get much chance, if I have learnt anything, it is that the drving standards in the Kyoto 500 are absolutely ****ing piss poor. That may not be entirely true, but that is what I have seen from the practise sessions I've have wasted my Friday evenings to turn up to.

And what the hell do you mean that I don't understand about grid setting etc? My problem is that the people I've raced against are incapable of driving single file and keeping a steady 80 odd mph without having a completely needless pileup.

It's not Deko's fault, I never even bloody said it was, its the f**King retards that show up and are incapable of even following another car at below race speed. Are you obsessed with defending the admin or something?

I stuck with it, I kept coming to the practise sessions because I was told things would improve, but they certainly haven't and I'm I only have so much patience before I start swearing at people and leaving.

Have fun, if that is your idea of fun that is. Oh and good luck, because you certainly ****ing need it.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here, but the way I've seen you act in the sessions does quite a bit to hinder my controlling abilities. Chatting as much as I've seen you, and others do, makes it hard to get some of my important messages across. If I penalized every line of chat, several people in the Friday evening sessions would have more than a handful of Drive-Throughs each.

On another note...have you seen why you've been involved in so many wrecks ? It has a high change of being the "wrong place, wrong time" syndrome, but there's also the chance that you're not leaving enough room or not being patient enough, or not taking appropriate evasive action. There's also the change that the people around you are also doing the same things.

And even though you may not be saying it's my fault, some of your presentations come across as blaming the administration. As I've mentioned before in other cases, I have no problem with being constructively criticized for things I do. But simply posting while still red with anger will NEVER come across as constructive. I can't take things like that seriously, because the person was not in a sufficient state of mind to make their point clearly.

Quote from Skydiver173 :...and a large part of these cautions could be avoided if we all learn....
(say it together)...

Patience!
see post #15

Spelling error corrected for this by me, but, this is the key word of the Kyoto 500. Even the practice races need patience. Sure, they may be 30 laps, but still, to get to lap 30, you must use some patience. 30 laps is still a nice long while. Anything can happen. You just need to be there at calling time to claim your prize.

Don't forget, you can still post protests from this session if you feel the need to.

d
Quote from dekojester :Spelling error corrected for this by me, but, this is the key word of the Kyoto 500. Even the practice races need patience.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG