The online racing simulator
Why does nobody run the XF GTI and XR GT together anymore????
Before the patch the XF GTI was way faster than XRGT. Now they are within a 10th of a second of each other on BLGP. So why IN GODS NAME do people not run the two together on the servers anymore. Almost all the XFGTI servers do not have the XRGT enabled. This is ludicrous!

All we wanted for this class was equality, now we have it and I cant find anywhere to drive them together!

Hosts running XFGTI please put the XRGT back in!
Same problem in demo servers
Quote from dave81983 :Before the patch the XF GTI was way faster than XRGT. Now they are within a 10th of a second of each other on BLGP. So why IN GODS NAME do people not run the two together on the servers anymore. Almost all the XFGTI servers do not have the XRGT enabled. This is ludicrous!

All we wanted for this class was equality, now we have it and I cant find anywhere to drive them together!

I second that
#4 - SamH
After the patch, we noticed that our XFG servers were empty and the XRT server was full, so we switched from 2 XFG servers to 2 XRT servers. Also, Rally appears to have taken a leap in popularity.

I don't race them, myself, but if there are two cars that can run competitively together, I'll create servers for them. I'm a little confused by your post though.. please use XFG, XRG and XRT as terms so I can be sure to create the right servers.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#5 - JTbo
*cough*

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7313

Just you to know, no pushing, no crashing, only gentleman manners, race will not get restarted no matter what happens, race as you would in reallife, respect other racers and we have good race.
This may not be best for beginners, intended for those who take racing seriously, of course beginners are welcome too if respects this rules.
Quote from SamH :if there are two cars that can run competitively together, I'll create servers for them.

Please do!

Quote from SamH :I'm a little confused by your post though.. please use XFG, XRG and XRT as terms so I can be sure to create the right servers.

Sorry. What im asking for is that all servers that are running XFG ( and there are loads - many of which regularly have people playing) also run the XRG because their performance is now almost equal.

I may have confused you, I wasnt talking about the XRT which is in a completely different class (TBO).
For what it's worth the vMax server is setup for this combo, currently on Aston National, though you can change the tracks.

However, it won't be very popular, as I have wind enabled (low) as real life has wind, vote kicking/banning off, and no mid race join allowed. It's also 8 laps, which is probably the minimum distance required for a proper race, but double the 'usual' race. Like I say, they're not 'popular' arrangements, but hey it's my server

Oh, and this might change as soon as a vMax member decides to have a play
Quote from JTbo :*cough*

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7313

Just you to know, no pushing, no crashing, only gentleman manners, race will not get restarted no matter what happens, race as you would in reallife, respect other racers and we have good race.
This may not be best for beginners, intended for those who take racing seriously, of course beginners are welcome too if respects this rules.

Im really up for this race but what time does it start in GMT?
S1 combos disappeared altogether...
I actually race less because all I see is Aston and Blackwood, GTR and BF1illepall
#10 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why? It's exactly this sort of reaction that results in the entire server list running AS National or Blackwood, with a variety of maybe half a dozen different cars.

We still have an XFG server, which I monitor constantly. If anyone parks their butt in it and takes it off the empty servers list, maybe it'll fill up. If it fills more than half way, I'll get giddy and excited and might even spontaneously create a bunch more XFG servers.

There's absolutely no point whatsoever in creating a bunch of completely redundant servers. We have servers running old configs and new ones. Our most popular server, pre-patch, was the SO City Classic/FOX combo. Now I'm constantly sweeping up dust and chasing off the tumbleweed. Aston National, with the GTRs.. dead.

Post-patch, we had, I think, 20 servers online. Maybe more.. a lot of them given over to the BF1 to meet the initial demand. We really didn't want people to be UNABLE to join a server with their new motor. Since then, it's become apparent that there are simply TOO MANY servers and I'm seriously thinking of dropping down to maybe 3 or 4 demo servers and 3 or 4 S2s. Not because I don't want to support the game, but simply in an effort to increase focus and reduce the current diluted effect.

I'll run any track/car config that anyone requests, Kev, as long as they use it. I had a request, well supported, in another thread for a BL1/UFR+XFR. I created it within minutes. It's never been driven. I'll leave it up for a bit, but how long is reasonable?

Suggestions on a postcard.. I'm honestly at a loss.
#11 - SamH
Quote from dave81983 :Sorry. What im asking for is that all servers that are running XFG ( and there are loads - many of which regularly have people playing) also run the XRG because their performance is now almost equal.

You betcha. I'll change the cars that are available immediately, but I won't be renaming the servers to correspond until patch U is released, when I'll be doing a mass reconfig on the server.

[EDIT] Now there are two servers, "ukct.net XFG vs XRG", I and II. Maybe the name itself will inspire people to join in order to find out which of the two is better/faster.
Thx buddy.

Now theres a community!

Dave.
There goes me developing my easy race sets this weekend.
#14 - SamH
Quote from Bob Smith :There goes me developing my easy race sets this weekend.

Nooooo dammit, I need those race sets!
Hey on the plus side I've got one for the XR GT under way.
#16 - SamH
Argh!! More! More!

The plus is that I'm being forced to get deeper into this aspect of motorsport, where I was ubernumpty before.

Is it just because I'm more experienced, or are the Race S setups actually not as bad as all that, this time? They seem to drive a lot better than the old Race 1s used to. Very little tweaking seems needed to get them pretty competitive?
Personely i found the race_s setups to be very good for learning
ya the race_S are nice, i just used it untill i picked up the new pach. than i started tuning and now i have my own setup for allmost all the cars i drive
#19 - JTbo
I drive within 0.5 secs in southcity sprint 2 with xr gt no matter if setup is rally setup with hybrid tires or my little modified (softer frontsuspension + gears) race_s setup with road normals or hybrids.

I think that setups are not so important anymore or I just can't drive any better with any setup. It has always been same with fuel 50% or 5% makes no difference to times, in ISI sims however more fuel feels generally better, but in LFS I have not found any difference
fuel makes huge difference, proof is take the LX6 with a full tank, and then an empty tank and see which is less stable, the differences are huge.
Quote from dave81983 :Before the patch the XF GTI was way faster than XRGT. Now they are within a 10th of a second of each other on BLGP. So why IN GODS NAME do people not run the two together on the servers anymore. Almost all the XFGTI servers do not have the XRGT enabled. This is ludicrous!

Good call.

I love the XF GTI
#22 - JTbo
Quote from dawesdust_12 :fuel makes huge difference, proof is take the LX6 with a full tank, and then an empty tank and see which is less stable, the differences are huge.

So they say, but I really can't find those differences at least in low powered cars, LX6 is overpowered car so I don't drive that much and from that I have no idea. XR GT is what I drive most.
LX6 overpowered? lol - give me LX8
^^^^ im with bob
#25 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :LX6 overpowered? lol - give me LX8

It is personal preference, I feel that it has so much power that racer are coming to acceleration contest out from corners with it. I need fat passenger sitting in it to get it a little more reasonable

LX4 has just right amount of power, tires, brakes and suspension can still handle it nicely, LX6 has more power than handling, like turbo class cars.

Weaker cars are faster in corners because impossible to apply enough throttle without spinning in those overpowered cars, I think this concludes what I think is overpowered car

In real world Lotus has made really nice cars with little power but so great suspension and handling that they outrun loads of more powerful cars, when track is really narrow and twisty = good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG