Windows 7 (Including RC)
Linux
Macintosh
I dont have PC (using public computers)
Any other/older operation system
Windows 95 (Including OSR2)
Windows 98 (Including SE)
Windows 2000
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Oh we all accept that other people prefer Macs, it just happens to be a fact that those who prefer Macs do so because they're too ignorant and inferior to choose teh PC instead

Hahaha. I will just accept that macs are inferior and that it sucks to only be able to run LFS at 1920x1200 at 150fps on my 24in mac!
"Oh, my MacIn-penis is so much bigger than your Windows X-penis, and totally owns his Lin-penux." :rolleyes:

Lighten up, folks.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Chances are it was a driver that didn't like Vista
Vista itself doesn't just BSOD randomly for no reason.

IMHO, it does. My PC was Vista-Ready OOTB, and the only thing I did was to upgrade the RAM.
That said, Seven worked fantastically since the first builds of the Beta. Then, I'll just skip Vista and go straight to Seven.
Quote from hazaky :Alright, its good to know because i know alot of people who still use Win98 and those oldschool windows. Mostly for programming.

Apparentlythe didn't vote But i guess they don't programm for the consumer market since almost nobody uses or supports Windows XP anymore.
#80 - 5haz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No.

PC users are just too blind/stupid/retarded to realize that OSX is better.

It's a fact of life. Eventually there will be surgery to repair eyes/brain/learning disabilities, so then PC users will realize their failures, and switch to a Mac.

It just happens.

Real life kicks PC and Mac's behinds, try getting one of them, they're free.
Xp here.
With XP i get about 250-500 FPS at LFS on visa i have max 230
Quote from dawesdust_12 :PC users are just too blind/stupid/retarded to realize that OSX is better.

your mac is a pc...
Quote from Shotglass :your mac is a pc...

An overpriced PC at that

Am I the only one that look's at Mac specs and thinks damn that hardware is years old?!?

I have used OSX before and it is pretty nice but I will never buy a Mac for the simple reason they are overpriced for what they are - a PC with the Apple logo.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I use Windows as I am forced to test websites in a crappy browser that people use.

Oh, and if you want to get stupid.. anything that can be compiled on Linux can also be compiled and ran on OS X... Command Line or otherwise... so OS X still can run more.

But that's fine, I'll let you guys use something that's crap, I'll just sit here waiting for when you all defect so I can go "I told you so."

PC users are just too blind/stupid/retarded to realize that OSX is better.

Just for fanboys....

Core 2 Quad 4GB pc £350, Core 2 Quad 1GB Mac £1250 (ebay prices so probably higher again). Now that Macs are Intel based the only real difference is the Os.. So you either pay over 3x as much for the exact same hardware, Or £900 on OSX, a customised version of a free Os... Whos Blind/Stupid/Retarded now?...

What can Macs do that a pc cant? I know that any hardware ever made will work 100% in Windows or that i can multiboot my pc with any number of other Os without hacks....

What sort of framerate increase do you get in LFS or Crysis on a Mac over a Pc?.. Oh wait, you cant run them without emulation or hacks if they even run at all... Is this a benefit of the extra cost?....

Even Apples Quicktime encoder runs faster and better on Windows than OSX.. That is an EPIC FAIL...

I like either Os really but i cant see how the cost justifies a Mac over a Pc when you cannot customise OSX or the hardware to any major degree... What plus sides do you get as i can only see negatives, Bad developer lock-in, and a HUGE price difference...

So a simple question to all the OSX "Fanboys".. What will your 3x as expensive 1GB Quad core Mac do that my 4GB Quad core Pc cannot? I can play any game ever released, I can put any Os easily onto the hardware that I PAID FOR, I can upgrade to any hardware without worry.. Sure Pc's have the BSOD... Ive seen it maybe twice in 18 months and once was a hardware failure so meh...

As i said, I dont like 1 over the other, Just that there are too many fanboys that make blind judgments without seeing the true differences, Better doing research before making stupid comments...

Pc's are boxes of "infinite possibilities", Macs have OSX and thats about it... Id rather have the freedom of choice to do what i want with what i paid for and not get ripped off with some outdated PC in drag(mac)...

So again, what exactly can a 3x as expensive Mac do that a Pc cannot? My cheap (inferior, tho same spec) Pc can do plenty that a Mac cant....
Quote from Migz :Oh my haha.
I think everybody who has an old system and still manages to make it work relatively well should acctually get an award for it!

It's not that hard if you don't install tons of crap over the time.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :PC users are just too blind/stupid/retarded to realize that OSX is better.

With OSX you pay for something that's basically free and just a bit more colorful. Who's stupid now?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's a fact of life. Eventually there will be surgery to repair eyes/brain/learning disabilities, so then PC users will realize their failures, and switch to a Mac.

Your Mac nowadays is nothing but an overpriced PC, and I can run a free Linux distribution on a cheap PC, which will cost me a lot less. I can't see why you defeat a heap of expensive junk so much, and even going so far to insult everyone who wasn't smart enough not to buy that kind of fashion accessory.
Quote from herki :It's not that hard if you don't install tons of crap over the time.

Agreed. There's no reason a PC can't ever be as fast and responsive as the day you bought it, so long as you don't try and do something silly like run a more modern operating system than it can handle. If I hadn't thrown out my old P166, I'm sure it could run Win98SE and Word2000 just fine. Almost wish I hadn't now, as I can't easily run all my old DOS games. It had a VLB graphics card, SB AWE32, the works.
#87 - Migz
Quote from herki :It's not that hard if you don't install tons of crap over the time.

Thats true, but the majority of PC users are stupid little teenagers who just browse and browse and get spyware, and install anything if it means they can watch some stupid video.
Although then again their are equally as many people who dont do that.
But still, rubbing a 5-7 year old system, with the original parts inside, with quite a few heavy programmes (i.e photoshop) and not having any problems whatsoever deserves an award
It's OK guys, I'll forgive all of you for your Fanboy-ness. I know it's hard to accept playing for the wrong team for so long, but there's therapy that can help you all accept it.
#89 - 5haz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's OK guys, I'll forgive all of you for your Fanboy-ness. I know it's hard to accept playing for the wrong team for so long, but there's therapy that can help you all accept it.

Ah Dustin you're such a wind up.

Tbh you're just as much of a fanboy as the worst of them, does it really matter so much to anyone what kind of electronic wizardry you have at your fingertips?

I don't care so long as it works, and at the moment touch wood, my PC works fine.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's OK guys, I'll forgive all of you for your Fanboy-ness. I know it's hard to accept playing for the wrong team for so long, but there's therapy that can help you all accept it.

You are a fanboy because you dont listen to reasoning.. One of which is the fact that if Macs are so great and since they have been around for the same time as Windows Pcs then howcome they only have a 10% market share?... As i said i dont like one or the other but ill quote from my earlier post:-

"So again, what exactly can a 3x as expensive 1GB Quadcore Mac do that a 4GB Quadcore Pc cannot? My cheaper (inferior, tho much higher spec) Pc can do plenty that a Mac cant...."

C'mon tell me 3 things that are better on a Mac that makes it worth loosing free control over a bought system for, Should be easy if they are so leet.... Gaming, Upgrading and customising are kind of important it this day of ever changing technology... Macs do none with ease...Which they should considering how much they cost.....

Lol, and now theres Apple bootcamp so you can run Windows on a Mac... Why is this needed if Macs are "teh bestest"?

You dont need OSX on a Pc for it to do everything you want...
Your PC can't run anything as good as a Mac, as a Mac is so advanced, it makes your PC look like a 386.

Marketshare != quality. Microsoft just has a monopoly by sucking everyones cocks to install Windows, whereas real people buy a Mac.

Stop being a fanboy and using opinions as if they were fact. Give some sort of proof as why using Windows or Linux is better than a Mac.

Oh wait, you can't.

#92 - Migz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Your PC can't run anything as good as a Mac, as a Mac is so advanced, it makes your PC look like a 386.

Marketshare != quality. Microsoft just has a monopoly by sucking everyones cocks to install Windows, whereas real people buy a Mac.

Stop being a fanboy and using opinions as if they were fact. Give some sort of proof as why using Windows or Linux is better than a Mac.

Oh wait, you can't.

Oh look....

"
1. Windows is more customizable
Change the desktop theme - including wallpaper, taskbar, window styles and fonts - to anything you like. Try doing that on a Mac.

2. Windows is more compatible
Let’s face it - practically all software and peripherals out there support Windows. (Though the Mac is getting better all the time in this regard.)

3. Choose your own hardware
With Windows you’re not tied into one manufacturer with a limited product range like you are with Mac OS (Psystar notwithstanding). On a budget? Any cheap clone will run Windows. Want something that exactly matches your lifestyle or situation? The range of PC options is huge so you’re bound to find something that suits.

4. Better keyboard shortcuts
You can access any menu option in a Windows app with 2 or 3 keystrokes, and they’re the same standard keystrokes on any Windows PC. With Mac apps you’re limited to the shortcuts chosen by the app developer. (You can add your own shortcuts on a per-app basis, but then you have to remember which shortcuts you’ve added for each app. And what happens if you get a new Mac, or use a friend’s? You have to redo all your shortcuts again!)
Furthermore, you can access pretty much all controls in any Windows dialog or window via the keyboard. Mac OS lets you turn on so-called “full keyboard access”, but there are still many things you can’t do with the keyboard (try moving from the Calendars pane to the Day/Week/Month View pane in iCal, for example, or activating the all-important Scan button in Image Capture).

5. Sensible use of navigation keys

I know I’ve been over this before, and it’s largely a “personal taste” thing, but after nearly 3 years of using the Mac I still can’t get my head around using the finger-twisting Command-Left Arrow to go the beginning of a line, and Command-Right Arrow to go the end of the line. Not to mention the Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys that scroll without moving the cursor. Arrrgh. Windows uses these keys much more sensibly in my opinion.

6. More useful file manager
Finder can’t cut and paste files or give you a 2-pane tree view of your files and folders. Windows Explorer can, and jolly useful these functions are, too.

7. More flexible open/save dialogs
Speaking of file management, Windows open and save dialogs let you rename and delete files and folders; add new files and folders; open a selected file in another app for viewing/editing; open a selected folder in Windows Explorer; and manipulate image files:

Mac’s open/save dialogs merely let you select a file and create a new folder. Not nearly as useful.

8. Much bigger range of games
I’d love to play a lot of games on my Mac, but sadly there just isn’t the range that there is for Windows. And when you do get a game for the Mac, it’s often a second-rate port of the Windows version.

9. Easier to get help
There are many more Windows users than Mac users. If you get stuck with your Windows PC, chances are you know someone round the corner (or their kid!) who can help you fix it. With a Mac, you might be struggling.

10. Windows Media Center does more than Front Row
Media Center lets you watch and record live TV and/or radio (with a suitable card), and you can do a lot more thanks to plugins. It also works with a mouse if you want it to. Can’t do any of things with Front Row (the Apple Remote is nice though).

Tada.

Btw im not a microsoft fanboy, if anything im acctually an apple fanboy because of my itouch.
I have used mac in the past, i do like it, but i just prefer windows as its a HELL of alot cheaper, and it does pretty much the same shit as mac, if not more.
"as a Mac is so advanced" ROFL, How much do you actually know about the different Os's or computers in general? Google a few benchmark comparisons ffs...

OSX boots faster and shuts down quicker so thats a plus there, Only because its that basic tho..

Side by side testing shows that OSX is fast in some apps, Windows in others so theres no real difference there overall... This is on same spec hardware too...

So, due to the stupid price difference, A £400 PC would easily out perform a £1250 Mac..

Lol real people buy macs? 10%? More like a niche market..
Quote from Bob Smith :Almost wish I hadn't now, as I can't easily run all my old DOS games. It had a VLB graphics card, SB AWE32, the works.

vdmsound should sort you out for most dos games as long as youre running xp32
also dont cry over the awe32 its rubbish (and i used one for years so i should know) much happier with my current sb16+db50xg and roland setup for old games (still needs a gus and a sb pro to round it all off)
Windows is more Customizable?!

HAH!

You can change menubar (it's possible, not as good as it was though), the dock look, ALL THE ICONS (windows is pretty ****ed to change icons with). Background is a obvious one (and it had the whole windows 7 "rotate background every <interval>" since OS 10.3).

Most shortcuts are common sense, and are actually preferable, because you keep one hand on the left side of the keyboard, and you have your right hand to go between KB and mouse, to the { } keys for back/forward in Safari/Finder. Backspace is a stupid selection for back, as how do you go forward... and if you haffto delete stuff from an input field... can't tell you how often I've went back pages because Windows didn't do what was expected.

You can rename files from the open/save dialogue by right clicking on it.

Frontrow has the ability for plugins, and supports ANY format that Quicktime can play (Perian brings a lot of formats to work flawlessly with Quicktime).

And who care's if more people use Windows, it just means it's more prone to attacks. The internet is such a good resource anyways for any error you might have, so then you can fix it yourself and not haffto pay the bratty kid down the street 10$ or something to fix it.

None of this says how Windows is better, just how it's different.

Next try plz.

Thx.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Too bad you can't do anything useful in linux, because it doesn't run any application.

Fail, mine linux runs everything that windows does (I have Se7en only for GTA IV which is crap by definition)

2Bunder, Kegetys, samhj and others who voted for a REAL OS not some crappy Apple - <3
2 Dawesdust: Mac PC hardware is same as PC hardware, and btw, before 2008, most MacBooks had CRAPPY INTEL GMA CARD, while REAL notebooks had 8400M GS and 9600GT.
#97 - SamH
IMO, the Windows OS is the only OS for the masses.

Macs are easy to use (as long as you don't want to do much) but difficult to buy (prohibitively expensive).

Linux is cheap to buy (even free) but isn't easy to *fix* (which is needed more than Penguin-shaggers realise, because they're so used to having to fix it that it's second nature) and there's sod all to do on it.

A Windows machine is cheap, it's easy to use, easy to screw up and easy to reformat/restore. Grandparents can write letters to the BBC about how rubbish Question Time was, and grandchildren can kill aliens to their hearts' content. Neither Mac nor Linux offer this level of versatility unless you're extremely selective about which aliens you want to kill, or which printer you want to print to.

The reason Windows is as popular as it is, is because it's so much better than anything else at being THE home PC.
SamH, I was explaining mine mother how to use Windows (it was XP) about two days. Then I gave up and installed Ubuntu (it was 8.04). She didn't asked a single question! + Ubuntu has translation to over 90 languages.
#99 - 5haz
My law applies very muchly to this thread, that when comparing different brands/people/teams/games on an internet forum, it takes around one or two pages for accusations of fanboyism to begin flying about, as people use the word in a vain attempt to back up their weak arguments.

Jesus, I knew there was console Nazism between Xbox and PS3 users, but it has spread to PCs, (oh bugger, I just brough Godwin's law into effect ).

But yer, theres no denying that more stuff is compatible with a PC running Windoze than a Mac, I don't like Windoze that much, it has its flaws, but if I want to play any games, then I have to use it. Thats the unfortunate truth, like it or not.

Name me a half decent game title that is fully OSX compatible.

What operating system do you use?
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG