The online racing simulator
Live Commentary (on radio channel)
As you may be aware you can create your own playlists, music, ect, to listen to whilst burning some rubber, I had the idea of Live race commentary on one of the selectable radio channels maybe done by admin or a n other.

What do you think? Tilt
It's a great idea but there's five fundamental limitations of this:

1) You need somebody to want to do this.
2) LFS doesn't necessarily give the commentator all of the information they need to give accurate commentary although LFS spectator would help.
3) Unless players fill out a commentator form like in real racing giving tid bits of info to the man with the mic then the commentary would be rather dull, especially in a slightly more static race. Background information is the key to giving a good commentary.
4) There's just no replacing Murray Walker Frown.
5) In the league i'm in i'm not in the top server so almost certainly wouldn't get any commentators - so it doesn't effect me anyway !
#3 - Vain
The Master of Endurance get quite a lot coverage. Every once in a while gamer-fm.de makes a coverage, partly even in english (which is, due to the german accent, pretty funny). So streaming commentary is available.
But, is there a way to make LFS play this?
And, wouldn't it absolutely kill concentration? Wink

Vain
thanks for your comments guys & gals Nod

yes it could be used in the bigger leagues where there is admin present & everyone is bit more familiar with each other (info)

nice to hear it is being done already in germany

becky - two of your points are not really valid, although as you say, there is no replacing murray walker. We might even discover the next Smile

as to affecting concentration it is a simple toggle on or off option. I think
it would certainly add to the excitement of big events, as it does in real life.
Quote :although as you say, there is no replacing murray walker. We might even discover the next

I'll never forget a few years ago whilst I was in Spain I went to a bar to watch the Grand Prix, my Spanish isn't good enough to keep up with the commentary at such pace and with all the jargon, but some things didn't need translating. When an arrows spun off into the gravel, "NNNNNNNNnnnnnOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................."

<Short pause>

"Oh that's ok it's his team mate. De la Rossa is still going strong."

Anyway I digress, I would like to see commentary in league races but I think if it's going to be done it should be done properly otherwise it's a lot of effort for nothing. I'd strongly urge anyone doing it to product a commentators form for the drivers to fill in with background info, and drink 8 cups of coffee before starting Smile.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG