The online racing simulator
Un-ignorable users
(13 posts, started )
Un-ignorable users
Some users can't be added to or won't stay in the ignore list because they hold some kind of privilege. Now this makes perfect sense as to stop people from ignoring posts of a full-fledged moderator.

OTOH I suppose I could start my own league with the next door neighbor, have it added to LFSforum and thus seize mod-ly powers and make sure nobody can ignore my posts anymore. Makes sense?

If it's possible I'd suggest overriding the ignore list only when reading the board in which the user enjoys particular privileges.

Otherwise I suppose the ignore list could be applied nonetheless, if I was ever to make the mistake and join a league managed by a person whose posts are stupid or annoying enough to have made it to my ignore list, well I can bite the bullet and un-ignore him or view the single posts as I see fit.
It's two fold you know. I'm not able to add anyone to my ignore list (because I've got to read all of the drivel that some users have posted around here).
Sucks being Bob.

Anyhow, why should I not be able to ignore someone. A spammer is a spammer, no matter what his status is. Especially when he can be a moderator of a dead league section.
Quote from Bob Smith :It's two fold you know. I'm not able to add anyone to my ignore list (because I've got to read all of the drivel that some users have posted around here).

Always look on the bright side of life, you can add em to the ban list straight away
Quote from NightShift :Always look on the bright side of life, you can add em to the ban list straight away

Lol

Just click the view post you see. :o
#6 - amp88
Quote from NightShift :If it's possible I'd suggest overriding the ignore list only when reading the board in which the user enjoys particular privileges.

Yes, that would be a better idea than the current system. If someone has restricted moderator status (e.g. they are a moderator for a subforum rather than a global moderator) then users should be able to block their posts on sections they don't moderate.
It's a reasonable suggestion. I'll point Vic in this direction.
One should be able to ignore anyone but real mods and devs from their usercp -> ignore page (since a long time already). I tried this with a test account of mine and that worked.

Are there any other places where you can ignore someone? I had to make a small modification but that's only made on the said usercp page.
#9 - amp88
Quote from Victor :Are there any other places where you can ignore someone? I had to make a small modification but that's only made on the said usercp page.

View user profile -> User Lists -> Add To Ignore List

I don't know if the mechanics of that are different from adding the user directly from the UserCP.

edit: If I try to ignore the user pacesetter (who is a moderator of the International Motorsport Association subforum) by the above method I get the following error:

Quote :Sorry pacesetter is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

(No offence pacesetter, just picked at random ).
I managed to add pacesetter to my ignore list. It works now. Removed him of course.
Quote from amp88 :View user profile -> User Lists -> Add To Ignore List

I don't know if the mechanics of that are different from adding the user directly from the UserCP.

edit: If I try to ignore the user pacesetter (who is a moderator of the International Motorsport Association subforum) by the above method I get the following error:

(No offence pacesetter, just picked at random ).

aha, see i didn't know that place. That works now.
Any other places?
Quote from Victor :aha, see i didn't know that place. That works now.
Any other places?

That's the only place I'm aware of apart from UserCP. Thanks for fixing it Victor.
Thanks Vic for fixing it, Bob and amp too for support.

Un-ignorable users
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG