The online racing simulator
Stock cars in LFS
(17 posts, started )
#1 - Zay
Stock cars in LFS
Hey guys,but im just wondering if im the only person in LFS who wants NASCARs in LFS,like think about it,the've already got open wheels and touring cars AND just regular normal cars,but why wont they put NASCARSs in? I think it would be really fun atcually.NASCARs are very fast.I know this might be pushing it ,but a superspeedway and a road coarse would be nice to go along with them(the NASCARs). Anyone agree?
hmm why not, I am not a nascar fan but it wouldn´t bother me if one of the cars was in the game.

But if you like the Ovalracing there is already an oval track in LFS and you can give it a try with the gtrs or if you like faster cars just give it a shot with the Formula 1 cars. FM Oval Junkies had earlyier nice races going on with the Formula 1 car on the ky oval track.
Kyoto ring, massive fields of GTR's, its close enough!
#5 - Zay
#6 - GabbO
Well the UF1000 is pretty much stock for me

The thread title confused me, as i was thinking of actual stock cars, not nascar.

#8 - Zay
oops my bad
and you now how well most britans get along with nascar right?
No there's quite a few nascar/stock car oval fans here. We're a bit of a minority but we are around.
im a nw person, hate nascar, THEY CANCELLED the race due to RAIN!!!!!
#12 - Zay
lol then i should say that i love it.the reason they wont race in the rain is that their slick tires=very slippery when on whet track=alot of crashes.
Quote from chavm481 :im a nw person, hate nascar, THEY CANCELLED the race due to RAIN!!!!!

Uhh....so? slicks + 43 cars + oval = death. Plus NASCAR cant use rain tires on ovals because the softer compounds needed to create these tires will not last under the sheer weight of these stock cars. Tires would be instantly shredded.

Plus what will you do about the massive mist that'll be generated by 43 cars all within 2 seconds of each other? It'll be like that indy 500 rain fail all over again.

also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dexa-lNQtI8

I dont know about you but I'd rather see a delayed clean race than a demolition derby in the rain
Make the cars less heavy then, a lighter car is a faster car. Having said that though, as its an american car, a nascar probably weighs about 4 tonnes and has a 10 litre engine to compensate its stupidly ridiculously heavy weight so it is actually fast!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Make the cars less heavy then, a lighter car is a faster car.

still doesn't remove the likelihood of having a massive mist that will blind everybody (including spotters) in the field
sooo... its not as bad as a wet lemans race at night
#17 - Zay
ya not even close to being as bad
:] at the lemans race their was a deep mist behind thier cars for 30 feet!

Stock cars in LFS
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG